This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-D Atlantis movie in Germany next year

The biggest German Stargate website stargate-project reported today, that the Germany movie theme park in Bottrop-Kirchhellen will have a big new attraction next year:

A Stargate Atlantis 3-D movie, shown in a special dome theatre. The movie itself has been made in Vancouver with the original cast of SGA, and the producers obviously liked it so much that they might use the story to make a double-episode for SGA's fourth season out of it.

The new attraction is supposed to open in the theme park in June 2007, and it's possible that some of the SGA actors will be there for the opening ceremony.

I will so be there if that really happens.

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
    The biggest German Stargate website stargate-project reported today, that the Germany movie theme park in Bottrop-Kirchhellen will have a big new attraction next year:

A Stargate Atlantis 3-D movie, shown in a special dome theatre. The movie itself has been made in Vancouver with the original cast of SGA, and the producers obviously liked it so much that they might use the story to make a double-episode for SGA's fourth season out of it.

The new attraction is supposed to open in the theme park in June 2007, and it's possible that some of the SGA actors will be there for the opening ceremony.

Bye, A.
    Oy! Coolness

Taign a look at the rest of the news on ethe site, BTW... am I reading this correctly? teryl Rothery in B5?...
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Bye, A.

Hi, Arlessiar.
      If that's true, I think my family might be having our summer holiday in Germany next year! I hope it is. Is SGA really big there or something?
      Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

No Atlantis is not that big here in Germany. It only has circa 0.85 million viewers when it is running alone. But when it is on with SG-1 it has circa 1.10 million viewers and SG-1 even has slightly better ratings. So it is not that big here.

Comment

Oh, right, thanks. Anyway, now I've had a look on google, and got it to translate some of the pages, it looks to me as if it is a simulator ride. I was thinking more on the lines of an IMAX film! Perhaps I'll cancel those holiday plans...
          Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Bye, A.
            OMG! That's only like 1 1/2 hours from here... I've been to the park and didn't like it very much, but in that case, I'll certainly give it another chance
            And there may even be some cast members there?? *is excited*

Originally posted by TheNarims View Post
            No Atlantis is not that big here in Germany. It only has circa 0.85 million viewers when it is running alone. But when it is on with SG-1 it has circa 1.10 million viewers and SG-1 even has slightly better ratings. So it is not that big here.
            I have to disagree on that.. Atlantis is the most successful SciFi show on German TV and it has had slightly better ratings than SG-1 since Season 1.
            I follow the development since the pilot and that is the info I have from quotenmeter.de.. If you want confirmation, just go there and check the "primetime check", you can go back months and that's what they say...
            *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Here is a short summary of the ratings SG-1 and Atlantis had the last weeks. We could not include more data because there was not much more on quotenmeter.de and stargate-project.de. As you can see SG-1 has been better than Atlantis the last weeks.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is a short summary of the ratings SG-1 and Atlantis had the last weeks. We could not include more data because there was not much more on quotenmeter.de and stargate-project.de. As you can see SG-1 has been better than Atlantis the last weeks.
                As you said, there isn't much info on the ratings on quotemeter.de anymore.. And I have been following the development of the ratings since Rising... I have no way of proving it (cause I can't go back that far anywhere), but the first Season of Atlantis had better ratings than SG-1's Season 8.
                From your ratings summary, we can really only compare the last 3 episodes when SG-1 and Atlantis aired together. Sg-1 was better on November 8th and 15th and Atlantis was better on November 22...
                Doesn't really tell us much, yet...

Anyway, we're trailing waaay off topic and it doesn't really matter which show is better ratings-wise, does it?? quotenmeter states in various articles that the channel RTLII that airs the Gates can be happy with both shows, because they are both higher in ratings than the channel average
                That's all that really counts...

Just wanted to explain why I disagreed when you said that Atlantis isn't that big here.. For a SciFi show and for a RTLII show (let's be honest, that channel sucks ), it is pretty good

Comment

Ohmygaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd! *hyperventilates* REALLY??
                  Oh my god. XDD SO. GOING.

*happy dance*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
                    Oh my god. XDD SO. GOING.
                    I'm not really a big fan of all these fun rides in theme parks, but this simulator thing in combination with SGA might be fun, and when there'll really be cast members attending the official opening then I'll surely be there too!

Bye, A.
                    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

You are right, caty. We are getting much too much off topic.
                      It is very good that both the gates have better ratings than any other thing on RTL2 and if it was not for Stargate we would not watch RTL2. Because there are much better channels.

Hopefully the thing they are filming for the 3D thing is going to be good, because most of the simulators are telling a rather boring story.

Comment

You are right, caty. We are getting much too much off topic.
                        It is very good that both the gates have better ratings than any other thing on RTL2 and if it was not for Stargate we would not watch RTL2. Because there are much better channels.

Hopefully the thing they are filming for the 3D thing is going to be good, because most of the simulators are telling a rather boring story.
                        Now that I think about it, you're right... There nothing else on RTL2 I would even remotely want to watch

The only 3D simulator I was ever in was the one in Phantasialand... I think the name was 'Galaxy'.. That was years ago, though... I'm sure I'll have fun in the Atlantis one

Comment

Yes, we have also been in the Galaxy thing at Phantasialand. It was really good, but the story told there was quite boring.
                          That is what we are also afraid of what is going to happen in this Atlantis thing, that the story will be boring.

Comment

You know, if I can sit in the back on a PJ simulator with 3D-Shep being my pilot, I'll take anything

Comment

I'm not really a big fan of all these fun rides in theme parks, but this simulator thing in combination with SGA might be fun, and when there'll really be cast members attending the official opening then I'll surely be there too!

Bye, A.
                              Oh man, I'm a sucker for fun rides. (I first wrote "fan rides" *lol*!)
                              Rollercoasters are my favourite, the more the merrier! =D (the Aerosmith Rollercoaster in the Disney Studios in Paris? OMGZAH *hearts*)

I'm all excited for it being 3D, I bet that will be awesome. I hope university will let me go on the opening ceremony day!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X