Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earth is the Original Planet of the Ancients... Or is it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth is the Original Planet of the Ancients... Or is it?

I just realized that I've assumed that Earth was the planet of the Ancients since at least the beginning of season eight and maybe as far back as the episode Frozen in season seven without any significant evidence to support this. When I thought about it the only evidence that suggests Earth was the Ancients planet of origin is the comments made by Daniel and Dr. Beckett during Lost City, which if my memory serves me were something along the lines of "as near as we can tell we are the second evolution of this form on Earth, the Ancients were the first." I'm going completely from memory since I don't have the episode anymore and I think I might be imaging the specification of it being on Earth. Even if I am remembering correctly, the quote is less than positive proof that Earth was the palnet of origin for the Ancients.

Of course once I realized that there wasn't absolute proof that Earth si the Ancients homeworld I started thinking about the case that could be made for it not being their homeworld. The strongest evidence for it not being their homeworld is that the outpost found in Antartica is no different than at least one other one (and probably more) that was used as a landing point for Atlantis. Having multiple landing platforms on different worlds suggests that the Ancients travelled, with their city, from planet to planet. The fact that they left stargates behind on everyworld they visited with their city and all the worlds nearby seems to imply that they only visited a region of space once with their city. based on this logic, if the Ancients left for Pegasus from Earth, then it is not their homeworld.

Feel free to critique this theory but please express your point of view as to where the Ancients originated.

P.S.: If Earth isn't the home of the Ancients they may have seeded human life in many galaxies and be far older and more prolific.

We don't really know if Earth was their first planet. Their homeworld might have been destroyed and they started to call Earth home. Or their planet's resources were depleted... there are many possibilities.

Comment

Could the Ancients original planet be Mars?? They have found evidence of live being on mars at one point in time, if I remembered correctly that is
      "You speak you're mind" - Kytano

"That's why I don't say much"- Jack

Comment

I find that Earth may not be the original planet of the Ancients but was recreated in order to seed the galaxy with humans. They also recreated other planets for other purposes. In order to recreate a world or do something at a very large scale they needed their city ship to fly and land there so an outpost is built.
        "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
        of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
        Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
        because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
        of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
        another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

It would be easy to assume that earth is their original home planet, but there is no hard evidence to prove that it is or that it's not; at least not yet.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Im still going to believe that it was thier original homeworld.
            But the only thing i dont understand from all that is this; if it isnt their original homeworld, why would they have cared which stargates could access earth? As far as we know, only the Atlantis gate can actually gate back to earth. do you see what i mean, or is my rambling confusing everyone?

Comment

I´m against earth being their homeworld. You´d think that as they became more advanced technologically they would have had to mine earths resources heavily and that this mining would leave deep scars that where clearly artificial.

No, Earth is just a place where the ancients liked to holiday at.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                I´m against earth being their homeworld. You´d think that as they became more advanced technologically they would have had to mine earths resources heavily and that this mining would leave deep scars that where clearly artificial.
                Not necessarily. Earth's weather erases pretty much anything. Meteorite craters millions of years old are long gone now. Mining scars, being much smaller would disappear much quicker. It's also likely the Ancients were mining millions of years ago. Their technology probably progressed to the point where they would not have to mine anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal
                  Not necessarily. Earth's weather erases pretty much anything. Meteorite craters millions of years old are long gone now. Mining scars, being much smaller would disappear much quicker. It's also likely the Ancients were mining millions of years ago. Their technology probably progressed to the point where they would not have to mine anymore.

And they then put all the minerals and oil back? Any civilization need´s resources, you think they built atlantis from nothing? Plus there would be skeletons somewhere that would have been found.

Comment

If it wasn't Earth, I believe it was still in our solar system. Mars is a good theory.

The reasoning behind this is simple. GATE GLYPHS!

They're based on constellations seen from our planet's point of view. The stellar point of view from any other solar stystem would change the gate glyphs.

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRising
                      Im still going to believe that it was thier original homeworld.
                      But the only thing i dont understand from all that is this; if it isnt their original homeworld, why would they have cared which stargates could access earth? As far as we know, only the Atlantis gate can actually gate back to earth. do you see what i mean, or is my rambling confusing everyone?
                      Not so much Earth, as any other planet in the Milky way

They probably just used Antarctica as the capital of their empire until Atlantis flew off.
                      sigpic

Comment

Now that´s a good point but you have to remember that the glyphs were created in the movie and in that the gates where almost certainly built by the goa´uld. The series has a different take on the matter and thus we have to ignore that plothole.

Comment

There's nothing in the movie that states that the gates were built by the Goa'uld. The movie may have some parts that don't match up, but for the most part, there was a lot left to the imagination as to where things originated, giving the writers of SG-1 plenty of room to write in explanations to things.

Comment

I know that in the movie there is nothing that expressly say´s that that the gate were built by the goa´uld but it is implied. Now the series as in the past ignored much of the basic facts from the movie in order to make their own things work out. All I´m saying here is that this might very well be another instance where they will have to look the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                              Now that´s a good point but you have to remember that the glyphs were created in the movie and in that the gates where almost certainly built by the goa´uld. The series has a different take on the matter and thus we have to ignore that plothole.
                              We also have to wonder why O'neill and Daniel look different. Plastic surgery? I think not. CONSPIRACY.

Comment

Working...
                              X