X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Puddle Jumper

*RIDICULOUSLY MINOR SPOILERS FOR 'THE RETURN PART 2'

Did anyone else notice that as Sheppard and the gang were flying around the city in the jumper, the bottom of it was red! Every other jumper we've seen has a blue underside! So why was it red? Maybe because they were flying pretty fast and it changes colour depending on speed? Either that or they had a 'Pimp My Jumper' day at the SGC and put on some red neon lights, satellite radio, plasma screens, smoothie maker, internet, MP3 player etc.....

I saw that. It reminded me of the wraith darts. They probably did that so you could see it better. Not that it helped.
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

also did anybody notice that the engine pod sequence whas diffrent or is that just me

Comment

The sequence was different. As if the thrusters that come out of the sides were too big to just fit inside, they need to fold when going in and out rather than just slightly sliding down.

sigpic

Comment

Anyone have a screencap?

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Perhaps it was the Asurans jumper? I dont know. I havent seen 'the return'

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
              I saw that. It reminded me of the wraith darts. They probably did that so you could see it better. Not that it helped.
              Could have been underside lights - we've not seen them turned on before and Sheppard might have found the switch for em

Comment

This is for the Puddle Jumper thrusters.

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1...l/104x020.html - from 38 Minutes.
                http://img116.imageshack.us/my.php?i...hewingsoi6.jpg - Return II. credit to FallenAngelII

See how in the second, the thrusters are so big they actually go higher than the top of the Jumper. It's as if they are two completely different makes of Jumper.

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/9388/pjrisinged2.gif - RISING (622kb)
                http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/6...rustersnv5.gif - Return II (No Spoiler, 838kb)

In Rising, they just lower in and the pods close, but now they seem to just fold down and go in because they've been made bigger. And please don't be using these gifs in signatures they weren't designed to be dialup friendly. If they run too fast for firefox users, view in IE.

sigpic

Comment

dang thing has turbo's!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Conor View Post
                    *RIDICULOUSLY MINOR SPOILERS FOR 'THE RETURN PART 2'

Did anyone else notice that as Sheppard and the gang were flying around the city in the jumper, the bottom of it was red! Every other jumper we've seen has a blue underside! So why was it red? Maybe because they were flying pretty fast and it changes colour depending on speed? Either that or they had a 'Pimp My Jumper' day at the SGC and put on some red neon lights, satellite radio, plasma screens, smoothie maker, internet, MP3 player etc.....
                    Now that I think of it, I do believe there is a red light on the underside of puddle jumpers. I think I remember seeing it in various episodes throughout the seasons.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

Maybe there are different models of Jumper...some for reconaissance...some for combat
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                        Maybe there are different models of Jumper...some for reconaissance...some for combat
                        Unlikely. The ancients are/were not a tactical race.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

Yeah...but maybe they're newer Jumpers built during their war with the Wraith?

Or maybe some were for reconaissance (and had bigger engines) and others were for scientific experiments in uncolonized areas and had smaller engines and drive pods to leave more room for science equipment?
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

and did you guys see that the sheild was shaped around the jumper in stead of a buble

Comment

The ancients from the Tria were in Atlantis for a few weeks before the attack maybe they built more? Or maybe had some onboard the tria and shipped them to Atlantis, a new model. I don't know why but red just gives me the feeling of speed, maybe these jumpers are designed to go faster. Mind you that jumper was from the SGC so I could be completely wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X