X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amanda Tapping to star in new series

Reported over at http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1_spoilme/

Amanda Tapping, who stars in SciFi Channel's "Stargate SG-1," has been tapped to host a new SciFi reality series, "Proof Positive Evidence of the Paranormal," that will launch Oct. 6 at 8 p.m. ... (NYDN)

Reminds me a lot of Gillian Anderson's "Future Fantastic".

Comment

Originally posted by prion
      Reported over at http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1_spoilme/

Amanda Tapping, who stars in SciFi Channel's "Stargate SG-1," has been tapped to host a new SciFi reality series, "Proof Positive Evidence of the Paranormal," that will launch Oct. 6 at 8 p.m. ... (NYDN)
      Well, at least she's working. Does that mean this is really the end for SG-1?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
        No reason to think that. A series like that might not require much of a commitment so she might just work on it while SG1 is in hiatus.

If she's got a producer's credit on the series however....

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1

It doesn't necessarily mean that this is the end of SG-1 OR she is leaving the show. Just that she has another project.
          __

__

Comment

Gigs like that don't take a whole lot of time. She can do both shows easily.

Comment

From the New York Daily News:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...p-195210c.html

Amanda Tapping, who stars in SciFi Channel's "Stargate SG-1," has been tapped to host a new SciFi reality series, "Proof Positive Evidence of the Paranormal," that will launch Oct. 6 at 8 p.m. ...

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Here's the link to the initial site over at the SciFi Channel:

http://www.scifi.com/proofpositive/

And here's the text from their press release (that was released on July 22):

"Proof Positive" (8:00pm ET)
              SCI FI explores the blurry line between science fiction and science fact in this weekly, one-hour series that uses cutting-edge forensics to test evidence of human encounters with the paranormal. Each episode looks at three stories (including encounters with ghosts and aliens, as well as reincarnation, demonic possession, unexplained lights, etc), all of which contain convincing evidence that the story is true. After the stories are recounted with interviews and documentary footage, the evidence is subjected to rigorous forensic testing by scientists and field-specific experts. Throughout the program, the viewing audience will be challenged to figure out which one of the three stories will be revealed to be "proof positive." Produced by Cosgrove Meurer Productions.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
              http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
              http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

This might very well be the end. When GA and the guy who played Riker on TNG both did these kinds of shows after their main show ended.

Comment

if it's anything like scare tactics, she can go in, spend a couple of days taping several eps worth of bits and pieces. In other words, it's a part time job

couple days every few months, depending on how involved it is
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Good luck to AT.
                    I know it's a bit premature,but I'll look out for the show on Satellite,as quite often these shows get an airing on Discovery,or wherever.
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 06 October 2004, 08:00 AM.
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I don't think SciFi would hire AT for something that might kill SG1.

Comment

Good for her! I love this kind of show and i
                        think Amanda will do a great job, is it going
                        to be shown on the UK sci-fi channel at some
                        point?
                        ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                          This might very well be the end. When GA and the guy who played Riker on TNG both did these kinds of shows after their main show ended.
                          Jonathan Frakes (TNG).

That's what I was thinking when I posed my dreaded question. I don't actually care for that kind of show...but I will give her the benifit of the doubt and check it out. Where/when is it expected to air?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I believe this is the show she was leaving to film when she had to exit the Chicago con a few hours early!

Darren

Comment

I like these sort of shows. I hope it comes to Australia.

Comment

Working...
                              X