This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 4 to have female touch? SPOILERS

First there will be Jewel Staite, now we have news about AT/SC joining SGA crew in S4. I guess that means bad news for someone on current team.. and we all know who is suspected to get killed.

I am not sure i'll like this.
    VISIT AND JOIN

Originally posted by silence View Post
    First there will be Jewel Staite, now we have news about AT/SC joining SGA crew in S4. I guess that means bad news for someone on current team.. and we all know who is suspected to get killed.

Amanda Tapping is crossing over for a few episodes in some capacity. She's not crossing over completely as a regular, so she's not going to be the flagship team.

Comment

We already know that one of the main cast departs at the end of season 3 and that two new characters and Amanda will be in s4.

Visit http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=709 for MAJOR casting spoilers
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Do you think she will replace Dr. Becket?
        LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
        Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
        http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
        My fan fiction

Comment

That's been confirmed

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=709
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
            Amanda Tapping is crossing over for a few episodes in some capacity. She's not crossing over completely as a regular, so she's not going to be the flagship team.
            well... lemme see...

Weir
            Teyla
            Carter
            Jewel (whatever her char will be called)

now... i am NOT complaining to the fact they all might show up on my screen at same time (not at all ), but i am not sure how will they work out dynamics of the team with these changes. Specially cause this is "The Carter" we are speaking about...
            VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Jewel's character is

Spoiler:
              Dr. Keller, MD
              sigpic

Comment

I'm all for more female characters, as long as TPTB can truly write for them and not a) shuttle them into the already crowded background of the Shep/McKay show or b) turn them into shipping fodder. Time will tell.

Comment

well... lemme see...

Weir
                  Teyla
                  Carter
                  Jewel (whatever her char will be called)

now... i am NOT complaining to the fact they all might show up on my screen at same time (not at all ), but i am not sure how will they work out dynamics of the team with these changes. Specially cause this is "The Carter" we are speaking about...
                  The original poster was under the impression Amanda Tapping was going to become a regular, hence booting someone off the flagship team. Neither is happening.

Teyla doesn't get much screen time nowadays and it's not like she's very useful either. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets booted next.

Jewel, so far we know nothing of her character. Saying "Ouh, I'm sure we're looooove her" based solely on her looks and prior acting is so superficial.

Comment

i don't heavy problems with many female characters, but i just don't see where will they put all ADDITIONAL ones.

current number doesnt allow everyone to get enough screentime and they'll add more people and some heavyweights (Carter). that's what worries me.
                    VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                      The original poster was under the impression Amanda Tapping was going to become a regular, hence booting someone off the flagship team. Neither is happening.

Teyla doesn't get much screen time nowadays and it's not like she's very useful either. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets booted next.

Jewel, so far we know nothing of her character. Saying "Ouh, I'm sure we're looooove her" based solely on her looks and prior acting is so superficial.
                      1) nope... i did read news post on front page that says she won't join cast fulltime.

2) agreed. exactlly what bothers me. even flagship team members now don't get much screen (too many people)

3) never said that. i like Beckett and i am not sure she'll do his job better.

now... that doesnt mean i would mind Weir having meeting with Teyla, Carter and Jewel few times....
                      VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Apparentely by "Team" you didn't mean "The Stargate Flagship Team" but the "Stargate Atlantis crew".

Comment

I'm pretty sure that I'll dislike any role replacing Beckett, even if it was my mom playing her. *lol*
                          No, but seriously... I know that it's opinionated, but damn, I really, really despise this kind of change. I still wanna see where it all leads, but if it all goes downhill from now, I'll just stop watching.

About Sam Carter... I think I can live with that, it really depends what her role in those episodes is going to be. I like Rodney and her bickering if that isn't going to be what the episode will be about mainly.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think that I am fine with Carter, especially if she is not in every episode.

Plus, at least the writers have already made here a rather good female character in SG-1 so they have something to work with.
                            Weir: He's just a boy!
                            Jinto: I am Jinto.
                            Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              I wonder if Michael Beach is going to be the commander of the Apollo?

Comment

Working...
                              X