This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bigger and Badder asgaard

I whave just watched season 5 when SG1 find out about the asgaard cloning and the big tall asgaard in stasis.I was just wondering why they havent started cloning it yet. It would make more sense to start cloning that body than using it to solve the problems they are now having. .Surely a big 6ft asgaard is better than a weedy 3ft one.

Plus I would love to see the gouald`s faces if one of them walked into the room.

Originally posted by geb
    I whave just watched season 5 when SG1 find out about the asgaard cloning and the big tall asgaard in stasis.I was just wondering why they havent started cloning it yet. It would make more sense to start cloning that body than using it to solve the problems they are now having. .Surely a big 6ft asgaard is better than a weedy 3ft one.

Plus I would love to see the gouald`s faces if one of them walked into the room.
    It's mental capacity may be insufficient to house a standard asgard mind. It is possible that they are working to correct that.

The asgard have genetically altered their bodies significantly, most likely. It stands to reason that they would have increased their mental capacity vastly.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
      It's mental capacity may be insufficient to house a standard asgard mind. It is possible that they are working to correct that.

The asgard have genetically altered their bodies significantly, most likely. It stands to reason that they would have increased their mental capacity vastly.
      That's my thoughts exactly. Those big Asguard left Ida tens of thousands of years ago (or more, I forget exactly how long it was supposed to be). At that time the Asguard were not nearly as smart and advanced as they are today.

Comment

Uh, oh....I think I hear the Mods coming again!

RUUUNNN!!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

it was brought up in the S6 episode Prometheus. O'Neill says to Thor when he sees him he thought he was going for the update and thor says he had. the asgard are using the ancient asgards body to save themselves and improve themselves we just can't tell the difference.

i don't think the point of the body is to just clone it (after a while they would end up back where they started) but to use it to help save themselves and any future clones from degrading

sigpic

Comment

Why don't the Asgard simply create a body based upon Reese ..that would give them immorality wouldn't it?

I, Asgard...
            O'Neill: We came here in peace, and we expect to go in one... piece.

Jackson: This is a radio. It's so my friends can find me, and shoot you.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
              it was brought up in the S6 episode Prometheus. O'Neill says to Thor when he sees him he thought he was going for the update and thor says he had. the asgard are using the ancient asgards body to save themselves and improve themselves we just can't tell the difference.

i don't think the point of the body is to just clone it (after a while they would end up back where they started) but to use it to help save themselves and any future clones from degrading
              There was Nothing about upgraded bodies. He just asked Thor, "I thought you were going with a new body?" or something to that effect.

The device probably left the brain in his old body too badly damaged.
              sigpic

Comment

I never thought bigger and badder would ever be in the same sentence with Asgard.

No, from Asgard point of view a bigger body would not necessary be good. It's inefficient, and bulky. They rarely need their body except for moving the "Asgard mouse".

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

I would love to have one of those little stones sitting on my desk.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 220683
                    I never thought bigger and badder would ever be in the same sentence with Asgard.

No, from Asgard point of view a bigger body would not necessary be good. It's inefficient, and bulky. They rarely need their body except for moving the "Asgard mouse".
                    I'm surprised this thread hasn't been moved yet.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                      I'm surprised this thread hasn't been moved yet.
                      Why? We're speculating on the future. IE: Season 8.
                      sigpic

Comment

The Asgards should just download their brains into robots. Obviously they have computers that can handle an Asgard brain and they must have robots since I don't see how they could do any heavy labor with those weak bodies so why don't they just make a robot that can be operated with a downloaded Asgard brain?

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                          The Asgards should just download their brains into robots. Obviously they have computers that can handle an Asgard brain and they must have robots since I don't see how they could do any heavy labor with those weak bodies so why don't they just make a robot that can be operated with a downloaded Asgard brain?
                          It would solve the genetic issue of course, but it puts them at risk at dying out as a race. They need new Asgard to be born, new minds or whatever constitutes it. Otherwise prolonged attacks by replicators, or other dangers could eventually wipe them out.
                          Maybe they could ascend unless they feel they have an obligation to this plane of existance. They do their best to protect primitive human cultures...

Comment

Originally posted by aeroe
                            It would solve the genetic issue of course, but it puts them at risk at dying out as a race. They need new Asgard to be born, new minds or whatever constitutes it. Otherwise prolonged attacks by replicators, or other dangers could eventually wipe them out.
                            Maybe they could ascend unless they feel they have an oligation to this realm.
                            I rather got the impression that at present no 'new' Asguards were being "born" (perhaps that should read "created").

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
                              I rather got the impression that at present no 'new' Asguards were being "born" (perhaps that should read "created").
                              Edit that U out of 'Asgard', or i'll hunt you down with a rusty kn----

<regains his composture>
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X