View Full Version : The Ark (316)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Team SG-1*save the show*
May 19th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Rodney was so funny in this ep (the how screwed we are report!!!) :lol: :D

acdj31
May 20th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Rodney was so funny in this ep (the how screwed we are report!!!) :lol: :D

Rodney is the only thing I like about the ep. Other than that I didn't like it at all. :mckay: :mckay09: :(
:mckayanime07:

:mckayanime18:

monkey_man132
May 20th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Rodney is the only thing I like about the ep. Other than that I didn't like it at all. :mckay: :mckay09: :(
:mckayanime07:

:mckayanime18:

Rodney was so funny in this ep (the how screwed we are report!!!) :lol: :DAgreed, Rodney was great in the episode. Perhaps the only good thing in the episode.

Jeyla4ever
May 20th, 2007, 08:40 PM
This was an excellent episode. The team moments were wonderful. We got to see John deal with each one of his team members. Loooooved Teyla in this one. She was very supportive and understanding to Jamus's actions and best of all I loved her speech. Great way to show just how much she feels for Jamus and his cause. The bantering between Lorne and Rodney...wonderful. Lorne was excellent...and Carson....Great team moments. The story was very well thought of and I loved the title itself and its significance behind it.

The visual effects were spectacular and that infirmary scene at the end was beautifully done.

It's one of my favorites of the season....Although Sateda is still up there!

expendable_crewman
May 21st, 2007, 12:19 AM
True, I wouldn't mind seeing Caldwell take over, but I wouldn't mind Col Ellis or some other COMPETENT CO to take over the military expedition. I just find it funny he is willing to risk 1000's of lives. He has been doing this since Season 1.
I'm not sure what he's been doing since season one, but I can speak to the 1000 lives, or his willingness to risk them.

He didn't. Risk them.

The merry team found a moon station, found out there were people on it (or in the people box) through two guys. The team was ready to head home, but Ronon thought, well, maybe guy #1 was thinking hard about killing guy # 2, which turned out to be an understatement. Guy # 1 was genocidal. Good insight, though, on Ronon's part.

Sheppard decides to stick around and babysit the landing of the people box, which lends new meaning to the phrase "No good deed goes unpunished."

-- No decision as yet on Sheppard's part to abandon 1000 people. That's because he's sticking around to help them, all of them.

Guy # 1 attempts to commit genocide.

Sheppard deals with the "screwed report" and its ramifications, which leads to a rescue Jumper.

Still haven't heard Sheppard say in the ep what he's going to do about the 1000 people.

McKay, now, he has a definite opinion about the chances of survival for the people in the people box. And this is only in response to Teyla's question, because Teyla is with the distraught Jamus.

Neither Sheppard nor Rodney have had a chance to get close to the people box problem. They're busy figuring out how to keep breathing.

Compartments get sealed, the little station gets repressurized.

Soon as the room with the people box is reachable by Sheppard, he finds out he's dealing with a hostage situation. He said he'd do what he could, but frankly he's talking to a would-be killer who's got a gun on his teammate in a situation taking place in a scenario with limited time. Developing a realistic solution to the people box problem isn't on the back burner because Sheppard's clipping his fingernails. It's on the backburner because Teyla's life is being threatened by a criminal and the people box is on the other side of a locked door in a room with a hostage-taker who's got a gun.

About the time Sheppard can get into the room with the people box ... and the first time what to do about the people box even gets to be a question Sheppard has a friggin minute to deal with, Teyla's in it, Jamus is in it, and he makes his call.

I love the "What's the right thing to do with a box full of 1000 people" question. I really do. But it doesn't have anything to do with Sheppard and this ep. He never got there. As for Rodney, he never got there either, not in the fine crisis-resolution form we're used to, because the ep didn't give him time either.

As for, "What would Caldwell do?"

That cracks me up. Flash to Inferno. Quoting my current 2nd favorite 304 commander: "As usual, Sheppard tried to save everybody ..."

It's a hard job but somebody has to do it.

The Ark rocked.

joebags
May 21st, 2007, 06:55 AM
It is reaching the point where Rodney says, "We are so screwed!" in most episodes. Yawn.

While Lorne was in it a few scenes, and it was good to see him, I wouldn't call him incredible in this episode. We need more of him though.

Teyla looks scared and pleads for her life, again, depending on Sheppard & Co. to come through the door and save her, again. Why do they keep rescuing Teyla? Come on, we keep hearing she is a warrior and a great leader. Think some day they'll actually show this to us?

Sheppard just magically knows how to fly alien ships? That was a bit difficult to believe.

Boring for me. Incredibly boring.

Hatusu
May 21st, 2007, 02:38 PM
It is reaching the point where Rodney says, "We are so screwed!" in most episodes. Yawn.

While Lorne was in it a few scenes, and it was good to see him, I wouldn't call him incredible in this episode. We need more of him though.

Teyla looks scared and pleads for her life, again, depending on Sheppard & Co. to come through the door and save her, again. Why do they keep rescuing Teyla? Come on, we keep hearing she is a warrior and a great leader. Think some day they'll actually show this to us?

Sheppard just magically knows how to fly alien ships? That was a bit difficult to believe.

Boring for me. Incredibly boring.
Luckily, I was interested in the subject enough to ignore the improbabilities in this episode even though I did notice them. It's interesting to me that two episodes were aired on Friday that many fans found to be pedestrian. I agree, yet I disliked SG1 and liked this episode. I'm guessing that for me this episode worked because at least it was science fiction. We had to deal with space and pressurization and that annoying upper atmosphere problem. I thought the 1970s joke was funny, which deflected my suspicion that the moon base's computers came from SG1's lab.

I have to admit that both shows have a lot of recycled elements lately, but at least this episode was inside a moon.

As for Teyla, it's evident to me that most of the present writers have trouble writing for women. I'm starting to believe they think we're a different species. :cool: The writers remind me of a guy I knew in high school who thought that when women read books with male lead characters, they couldn't identify with them. Come on guys! Other than biological imperatives, we love, we hate, we work, we supervise, we think about most things exactly as men, good or bad.

Sheesh!

expendable_crewman
May 21st, 2007, 04:31 PM
I'm of the mind the "Teyla's in trouble again" complaint is out of proportion to the stats. What I mean by stats, is, the characters get into trouble. All of them. She gets hers toward the end of the season. Actually, in Phantoms ...
... she manages to pull a save while shot.
I hear that the writers can't write for women, and I don't want to get into that, because it's too hot a button and the writing history for both shows spans a bucket-load of episodes.

But if I stick to Atlantis and season 3, what if Rodney or Ronon were in the room with Jamus? Would the team's reaction have been any different? In the case we were shown, Teyla chose not to wrestle the pistol away from the wounded man and instead showed compassion.

I didn't see her as frightened for her life.

Rodney's interaction, had he been the hostage, would have been different, if he was written true to his character. Ronon doesn't usually go for compassion for his captors, but in Sateda ...
... he had one of his captors by the neck and chose to give up that tiny advantage to put a knife to his own throat. He later refused a save (temporarily) in order to protect a village that had put an arrow in Rodney's butt, because he felt something for the people-- call it guilt, empathy, compassion, whatever.
Teyla's reaction to Jamus looked no different to me. Then came the white light.

To me, if it wasn't her, it would have been someone else, because the ep needed the hostage scenario and interplay between the hostage-taker and a main character to move the story. The fact that she was the female member of the team seems IMO to weigh heavier in fandom than in the ep.

Poltergeist
May 22nd, 2007, 11:33 AM
I'm of the mind the "Teyla's in trouble again" complaint is out of proportion to the stats. What I mean by stats, is, the characters get into trouble. All of them. She gets hers toward the end of the season. Actually, in Phantoms ...
... she manages to pull a save while shot.
I hear that the writers can't write for women, and I don't want to get into that, because it's too hot a button and the writing history for both shows spans a bucket-load of episodes.

But if I stick to Atlantis and season 3, what if Rodney or Ronon were in the room with Jamus? Would the team's reaction have been any different? In the case we were shown, Teyla chose not to wrestle the pistol away from the wounded man and instead showed compassion.

I didn't see her as frightened for her life.

Rodney's interaction, had he been the hostage, would have been different, if he was written true to his character. Ronon doesn't usually go for compassion for his captors, but in Sateda ...
... he had one of his captors by the neck and chose to give up that tiny advantage to put a knife to his own throat. He later refused a save (temporarily) in order to protect a village that had put an arrow in Rodney's butt, because he felt something for the people-- call it guilt, empathy, compassion, whatever.
Teyla's reaction to Jamus looked no different to me. Then came the white light.

To me, if it wasn't her, it would have been someone else, because the ep needed the hostage scenario and interplay between the hostage-taker and a main character to move the story. The fact that she was the female member of the team seems IMO to weigh heavier in fandom than in the ep.

I really think I love you for this, you hit this spot on. I would green you but it won't let me, it says I have to spread my love around.

GateLadyM
May 22nd, 2007, 01:31 PM
heh yes a lot of people thought the shuttle thing was improbable and people questioned why shep would risk his life to save teyla and not the 1000 people.....but if you look at Ken Is Here's comments in the early stages of this thread (this is Ken Cuperus, the writer of this episode, who was in here after it aired in canada) explains both

The writer never should have had to come out and explain the plot after the fact. The story should have been on the screen. That's just bad writing, and this was a very bad episode.

Rootortoise
May 22nd, 2007, 05:32 PM
The writer never should have had to come out and explain the plot after the fact. The story should have been on the screen. That's just bad writing, and this was a very bad episode.
well i personally didnt have to have him explain it (i thought it might help others understand it)....i didnt care about the shuttle thing because i just enjoyed the moment and the pretty CGI...i just thought sheppy is one lucky man and left it at that. they go through a wormhole to other other planets and fight life sucking creatures every day...i dont question stuff as "omg that so wouldnt happen" i just enjoy the entertainment it was supposed to provide.i know some people are interested in the science behind it or whatever but i wasnt....i watch this show for the characters mostly anyway, i knew from watching shep/joe in that scene that he didnt think he was going to make it and was lucky to be alive.
as for the 1000 people vs teyla thing i got that too, he was saving her because he would spend the rest of his life thinking about whether he couldve saved her and yes he knew he had a 1 in a million chance but he had to try it, as he wouldve done with anyone of his team.
anyway i really enjoyed this ep, one of my favs of season 3 completely, joe and rachel are brilliant in it!!

bluealien
May 23rd, 2007, 01:53 PM
well i personally didnt have to have him explain it (i thought it might help others understand it)....i didnt care about the shuttle thing because i just enjoyed the moment and the pretty CGI...i just thought sheppy is one lucky man and left it at that. they go through a wormhole to other other planets and fight life sucking creatures every day...i dont question stuff as "omg that so wouldnt happen" i just enjoy the entertainment it was supposed to provide.i know some people are interested in the science behind it or whatever but i wasnt....i watch this show for the characters mostly anyway, i knew from watching shep/joe in that scene that he didnt think he was going to make it and was lucky to be alive.
as for the 1000 people vs teyla thing i got that too, he was saving her because he would spend the rest of his life thinking about whether he couldve saved her and yes he knew he had a 1 in a million chance but he had to try it, as he wouldve done with anyone of his team.
anyway i really enjoyed this ep, one of my favs of season 3 completely, joe and rachel are brilliant in it!!

I agree Roo... this ep definitely entertained me and its sci-fi so I have no problem with stretching my imagination... If I can accept John being able to magically fly a puddle jumper, wormhole travel to a different galaxy, and life sucking aliens !! I can believe John can fly a shuttle.

Joe and Rachel were great in this ep and its also one of my favs from season three.

Great post Expendable Crewman.... I agree with everything you said..

Trek_Girl42
September 25th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Not up for one of my favourites of the season, but not bad- I loved the CGI of the moon crashing into the atmosphere, looked great, and liked the look of the station. Too bad it had to explode. Pretty decent story, I'm so glad to see Lorne back in the back half of this season. I missed him!

MmmmMcKAy
October 2nd, 2007, 04:39 PM
Not one of my favorites either, but still pretty good.

John flying the rocket was cool!:)

eye doc
October 26th, 2007, 11:41 AM
I thought it was funny you could see a Snickers bar in the 1000's of year old shuttle. :lol:

scirev
November 24th, 2007, 06:48 AM
I really liked this episode. I just watched it on dvd.

It reminded me of Space:1999 and of Doctor Who's Ark in Space (the computer fails to awaken people in time)... so that was fun..

Only thing I thought Rodney would suggest Linux not a Mac...

Emre
November 26th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Saw this episode last friday (Sweden is so behind...) and I...somehow didn't find this episode to be good. I don't think I can call it ridiculously bad, but it was so boring I almost fell asleep. Twice.

Now I'm left dreading the next episode.

kirmit
November 27th, 2007, 05:05 PM
This episode made me realise how bad Teyla's people skills are. The first guy that was reintergrated, first thing she says to him 'Everyone on your planet is dead' like 20 seconds after he was reintergrated lol. When that other guy was knocked out, 20 seconds after he's woken up 'The other guy is dead and tried to kill us all'. The girl needs to work on her timing.

Fenrir Foxz
November 28th, 2007, 11:36 AM
This episode made me realise how bad Teyla's people skills are. The first guy that was reintergrated, first thing she says to him 'Everyone on your planet is dead' like 20 seconds after he was reintergrated lol. When that other guy was knocked out, 20 seconds after he's woken up 'The other guy is dead and tried to kill us all'. The girl needs to work on her timing.

:tealc: Indeed.

captain jake
December 7th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Saw this episode last friday (Sweden is so behind...) and I...somehow didn't find this episode to be good. I don't think I can call it ridiculously bad, but it was so boring I almost fell asleep. Twice.

Now I'm left dreading the next episode.

Are you serious?
What was boring about it?

I thought the idea of using Wraith beaming technology to save a civilization from the Wraith themselves, was awesome.

darksiege
August 2nd, 2008, 06:29 PM
Hey anyone notice when sammy suicide is at the controls of the rocket theres a snickers bar on the console?

A Wraith Named Bob
August 3rd, 2008, 07:56 PM
I never noticed that!

melfan
August 8th, 2008, 01:50 PM
They pointed that out in the commentary actually

Tekanako
September 12th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Tod is the first wraith to actually grin and laugh.

Butlersgate
March 7th, 2009, 04:15 AM
haha that's funny about the snickers bar, all that's missing is mr t strolling in on a tank calling everyone a fool.

if only :(

but still i like the whole idea of this episode :D

major davis
May 15th, 2009, 01:14 PM
BEASTLY BEAST episode. Love space stations. which we could see more of them in stargate.

8.5/10

escyos
June 5th, 2009, 12:24 AM
not a bad episode

mrscopterdoc
September 5th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Not one of my favorites but it is good to see Lorne sort of save the day for a change. Well maybe not save the day but show up in the nick of time.

maneth
January 24th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Pretty cool episode. I loved the claustrophobic feel of the space station.

Tiptronic
February 23rd, 2011, 04:02 PM
I've been thinking to which series this dark episode belonged to for long time now, I only remembered the story. This has the most incredible 'retro' space story in it. The claustrophobic and dark feeling reminded me of the 60's-70's space sci-fi. Very memorable episode for sure!

Lythisrose
August 20th, 2012, 06:46 AM
From Joe Mallozzi's Blog (http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2012/08/19/august-19-2012-book-haul-days-of-stargate-atlantis-past-the-ark/):
THE ARK (316)

As much as I find great satisfaction in arc-driven episodes, I love these truly SF stand-alone stories simply because they’re so hard to do. Shep and co. discover a deserted space station hidden within a moon. Their subsequent investigation leads to a surprising discovery, a shocking double-cross, and a seat-of-your pants ride down from a rapidly deteriorating planetary orbit. Great performances all around.

An inadvertent bit of product placement occurs in one scene, the result of someone leaving a water bottle and Snickers bar in the shot. Nobody noticed – until AFTER the episode aired. It has since been fixed by the VFX department. I think.

The notes session on this script gave rise to one of the most memorable executive utterances. Just as the conference call got underway, Brad was asked to clarify something: “So, just to be clear…is this Earth’s moon?”. Earth’s moon? This series takes place in the Pegasus Galaxy. Welcome to Stargate: Atlantis, season 3.

jelgate
August 21st, 2012, 09:16 PM
While hollowing out a moon and building a space station seems largely impossible I do find this one an interesting concept. It was a unique idead to reverse engineer a Wraith beam to store people in statsis for years. I am a little disappointed that it was never revealed how this was possible but at the same time it was an interesting concept. You could tell from the second the first guy martarlize that he was suicidal and was going to do something stupid to endanger everyone else. The downside is the majority of the episode is McKay trying to desperatly fix the station so everyone can get away safely. The drawback is that the middle part of the episode is boring. But on the other hand beaming Teyla inside was an interesting twist and a nice lead up to a dilema. I for one happen to side with Teyla. The white hair guy was desperate and the lives his people were at sake. I do not think the "white hair" guy did what he did for selfish motives and just wanted to save our people. Thousands of lives were at sake. I for one would probably do the same if I was responsible for so many lives

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 22nd, 2012, 03:58 PM
Just got done watching the episode. I've got to say, it was better than I thought it was going to be. Awesome visual effects with the moon and the ship at the end of the episode. Lorne's new hair do for the episode was cool. I give it a ***.
Lorne had new hair, I'm not sure about that.

There was some cool score from Joel and Neal.

Tomorrow, an off day.

Lieutenant Sparrow
August 24th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Not a bad ep.

The music at the start had a very Alien feel to it.

I get that guy was grieving over losing his family. But killing yourself and trying to take innocent people with you is a pretty low act.

Ronon popping his shoulder back in. Ouch!

So the moon was destroyed in the re-entry but the shuttle was unscathed? Even the glass cockpit?

Krisz
August 26th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Great idea hiding from the Wraith in a hollowed out moon.

However, I did find it difficult to believe that the civilisation could advance in the time between cullings to develop technology to that degree, given the usual agrarian level of civilisations across the Pegasus galaxy.

I too wondered how the shuttle survived the destruction of the moon around it. It was so ridiculously easy for Sheppard to land a powerless shuttle!

Even McKay hasn't reverse engineered Wraith beaming technology to the level those people did. Would have been interesting to know how they did it.

The idea of saving peoples' consciousnesses reminded me a lot of SG-1's 'Lifeboat' and the one person who won't let go making life difficult for the SG team, forcing them to do something they didn't want to to save one of their number.

Nice twist though with the guy taking Teyla into the transportation device with him to force Sheppard's hand. I liked the retro look of the moon base. Was quite amused how they made maybe 3 or 4 airlock doors on a set look like the suicide guy was running through loads of them! Loved the strategic placement of odd crates for each scene where he passed through each section! :D

Matt G
August 29th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Midweek...another ep of Atlantis.

1. Our guys were dumb for hanging around.

2. The other guys were nuts for forcing our guys to go down with them.

3. :ronan: Hurry!

OK but not great!

Matt G
August 29th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Midweek...another ep of Atlantis.

1. Our guys were dumb for hanging around.

2. The other guys were nuts for forcing our guys to go down with them.

3. :ronan: Hurry!

OK but not great!

Jae'a
September 20th, 2012, 07:12 AM
My LiveJournal post (http://jo-r-lee.livejournal.com/71589.html)
Not bad, not great.

Lythisrose
October 5th, 2012, 07:31 AM
BTS vid of Mark Savela explaining some of the effects for this episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkYdyuauYlA

Az'ryel
December 4th, 2012, 05:38 AM
I saw this episode yesterday but i did not really get the sense of it.
The only cool thing to me was how Ronon fixed his injured arm, apart from that I thought it was quite boring...time wasted again here

Cluas
February 19th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Wow a great episode.

I really enjoyed the idea with a hollowed out moon, and it was a beautiful set. This was certainly much better than the previous episodes...
Sheppard's survival was pure luck.
:sheppard28:

garhkal
February 19th, 2013, 02:51 PM
I thought it was an asteroid.. not a moon.

Cluas
February 19th, 2013, 10:51 PM
I thought it was an asteroid.. not a moon.

Hi Garhkal -
No - It was a tiny moon, not that much difference, but that's what it's called when in orbit around a planet. Or we could go with satellite?

Actually it reminded me of Phobos, one of the two moons of Mars.

Wow I'm still thinking of this episode. It was fantastic...

:teyla:

Republibot 3.0
May 3rd, 2013, 01:47 PM
I've got a question about this episode:

The sets of the moonbase were *really* elaborate. Just the level of detail on the doors alone must have blown the budget. I mean, sprawling and expensive-looking, and completely unlike anything else we've seen on the show, either before or since. Quite frankly, these sets are higher quality than the Daedalus sets.

I know MGM has shown wonky business sense in the past, but there's just no way they would have blown this kind of money on sets for a B-list episode like this one.

The only thing I can think of is that they must have been sets built for some movie or another, then, once production on the film wrapped, the SGA team must have filmed on them right before they were struck (And probably destroyed).

That's my hunch. Anyone know if I'm right or not? Also, assuming I'm right, does anyone know what movie was called?

Sincerely,
Kevin Long
The Artis Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0
http://www.kevin-long.com

GiullareMalvagio
August 20th, 2013, 05:37 PM
The episode was very interesting and unusual. The only thing I am curious about is, why is Dr.Beckett alive in this episode when he died two episodes before this one?

Bronx
August 20th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Beckett is killed in the episode called "Sunday" that was the next episode after "The Ark"

hedwig
August 20th, 2013, 07:45 PM
The episode was very interesting and unusual. The only thing I am curious about is, why is Dr.Beckett alive in this episode when he died two episodes before this one?

"The Ark" was aired before "Sunday" - the latter being the one in which Carson died. That's the way they are on my DVDs and the way they were aired on TV.

GiullareMalvagio
August 20th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Yea, sorry about that. When I was watching the series they switched the episodes so I saw "Sunday" instead of "Tao of Rodney" and got confused. Again sorry.

Falcon Horus
August 21st, 2013, 12:56 AM
Don't worry ... if you're watching the DVD's they sometimes have the episodes in production order instead of viewing order.

hedwig
August 21st, 2013, 09:09 AM
Yea, sorry about that. When I was watching the series they switched the episodes so I saw "Sunday" instead of "Tao of Rodney" and got confused. Again sorry.

No need to be sorry. :)

mrscopterdoc
August 20th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Hey anyone notice when sammy suicide is at the controls of the rocket theres a snickers bar on the console?I had to watch 3 times before I caught that.

Todd the Wraith Worshipper
April 27th, 2016, 12:08 AM
Out of all my Atlantis rewatches, I always skipped this one. However I'm surprised I didn't catch it the first time around...

So ok, I don't mean to get all technical, but seriously writers, you pick an object that you keep calling a moon...but it's not even a minimoon (yes, that's the term), and you choose to have people walking around on it at g = 9.8 m/s^2...and that's not even my issue, but you're trying too portray the thing as quite large. So the thing's in a decaying orbit, and is supposed to be roughly large enough to be a planet-killer - IT WOULD NOT BREAK UP LIKE THAT. Sure, part of it is hollowed out, but not as much as you portray in certain shots.

So you guys look at it as a moon, and Sheppard's supposed to be landing on the planet to restore a population there...restore it there for what? By your premise, the physical parameters of the setting I mean, that planet would be OBLITERATED when the thing impacts. I don't mean a Theia Impact sorta thing, but it's enough for a mass-extinction event. Right right, suspension of disbelief and all that (I normally stray away from acronyms, but can we just start using SOD or WSOD for this disclaimer), but this stuff just really gets to me sometimes...I mean look at who your audience is, for frig's sake :)

April 27th, 2016, 12:13 AM
I've got a question about this episode:

The sets of the moonbase were *really* elaborate. Just the level of detail on the doors alone must have blown the budget. I mean, sprawling and expensive-looking, and completely unlike anything else we've seen on the show, either before or since. Quite frankly, these sets are higher quality than the Daedalus sets.

I know MGM has shown wonky business sense in the past, but there's just no way they would have blown this kind of money on sets for a B-list episode like this one.

The only thing I can think of is that they must have been sets built for some movie or another, then, once production on the film wrapped, the SGA team must have filmed on them right before they were struck (And probably destroyed).

That's my hunch. Anyone know if I'm right or not? Also, assuming I'm right, does anyone know what movie was called?

Sincerely,
Kevin Long
The Artis Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0
http://www.kevin-long.com

Exactly my thoughts man. I was looking for the number of instances of reused rooms, and although there were many, you're absolutely right about the set quality. And about my former point, you had certain shots like the single one of the suicidal character (can't remember his name) running to the ship...that showed it was a pretty freakin' huge set. Definitely think it was a reused one. That'd be a good thing to look into.

April 27th, 2016, 12:18 AM

Yeah, they hadn't yet showed us their obsession with killing doctors... ;)

April 27th, 2016, 12:23 AM
Hey anyone notice when sammy suicide is at the controls of the rocket theres a snickers bar on the console?

Oh my god, you're so right; great eye! :D

hedwig
April 27th, 2016, 03:07 PM

There's also supposed to be a plastic water bottle somewhere in the control room. :)

Britta
April 27th, 2016, 03:38 PM
There's also supposed to be a plastic water bottle somewhere in the control room. :)

Yep, under the chair in the cockpit.

hammerbutt
July 4th, 2017, 07:43 AM
Not a big fan of the writing on this one. The decision to make the old guy seem like the villain at the beginning even though every though it sounded like everything he did was the right move to save his people. To have Ronen side with Sammy Suicide just seemed like lazy writing.