PDA

View Full Version : My beef with Torchwood

Admiral Mappalazarou
November 19th, 2006, 08:31 AM
now dont get me wrong, Torchwood is turning out to be great series! :) but the thing that winds me up is at the beginning at every episode when Jack says 'The 21st Century is when it all changes, and you've gotta be ready...'

It's just camp and corny where as Torchwood is dark, violent and even scary (aka. Fairies)...I dont think that it suits it at all. It sounds like an opening phrase from Power Rangers or something...

The Signal
November 19th, 2006, 08:39 AM
You can be camp and dark at the same time (X-Factor's Eaton Road anyone?:P). which is what Torchwood is meant to be.

Personally I don't like it either, but not for that reason, its just redundant, people don't need to hear it all the time, but then I felt the same about the "In every generation there is born...." at the start of every Buffy during S1, and that grew on me.

Admiral Mappalazarou
November 19th, 2006, 08:44 AM
You can be camp and dark at the same time (X-Factor's Eaton Road anyone?:P). which is what Torchwood is meant to be.

Personally I don't like it either, but not for that reason, its just redundant, people don't need to hear it all the time, but then I felt the same about the "In every generation there is born...." at the start of every Buffy during S1, and that grew on me.

It just annoys me...