Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference in Weapon CGI & Effect (Spoilers, Lost City, Rising)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference in Weapon CGI & Effect (Spoilers, Lost City, Rising)

Anyone else notice that the CGI for the Glowy Jellyfish of DOOM was slightly different looking in Lost City? The weapons looked more like jellyfish when they were eating the Kul Warriors, hence why I call them Glowy Jellyfish of DOOM.

Also, in Lost City, we notice that the weapon could pass right through Anubis's mothership, loop back, and take out a different target. Obviously some of the drones would be destroyed by going through the ships, and others would merely burn up on re-entry to the atmosphere. However, in Rising, when Sheppard was attacking Wraith Darts, he started out by sending A single drone at a dart. The dart, and the GJOD were destroyed. Then, he started using Three drones to take out a single dart!! (What a waste.)

Hmm.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Mio
    Anyone else notice that the CGI for the Glowy Jellyfish of DOOM was slightly different looking in Lost City? The weapons looked more like jellyfish when they were eating the Kul Warriors, hence why I call them Glowy Jellyfish of DOOM.

Also, in Lost City, we notice that the weapon could pass right through Anubis's mothership, loop back, and take out a different target. Obviously some of the drones would be destroyed by going through the ships, and others would merely burn up on re-entry to the atmosphere. However, in Rising, when Sheppard was attacking Wraith Darts, he started out by sending A single drone at a dart. The dart, and the GJOD were destroyed. Then, he started using Three drones to take out a single dart!! (What a waste.)

Hmm.
    maybe the wraith are just superior to the goa'uld in tech? and i don't think that they were designed to go through the ship and then back safely into the jumper's firing mechanism. also maybe it was all just being done the way sheppard willed it to be done, not realizing their full effectiveness.
    Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
    Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
    Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
    Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
      maybe the wraith are just superior to the goa'uld in tech? and i don't think that they were designed to go through the ship and then back safely into the jumper's firing mechanism. also maybe it was all just being done the way sheppard willed it to be done, not realizing their full effectiveness.
      Good point. Maybe they have a small warhead in them, and he just thought that they were missiles, not realizing what they could do.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X