Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did the Wraith eat prior to the Ancients arrival?????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Spoilers for already aired eps of Atlantis I suppose*

Just wondering how the Wraith survived since we found out in one of the recent eps that they can't eat any animals, only humans. Maybe this lends support to the seemingly ridiculous theory that the Wraith were an Ancient experiment to combat the real enemy gone horribly wrong, which ive seen somewhere on here.

well maybe its not that they cant eat animals but that they choose not to now that they have tasted humans. we still dont know how long they can go with out feeding and they had only had steve for like a week. if it came down to it steve may have accepted the animals if he was on the verge of dying from hunger. the bigger question is: Where exactly did sheppard get a bunch of live animals to offer to Steve? he could probably catch some fish if there were any in the ocean but fish wouldnt survive very long for steve to feed on

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
      well maybe its not that they cant eat animals but that they choose not to now that they have tasted humans. we still dont know how long they can go with out feeding and they had only had steve for like a week. if it came down to it steve may have accepted the animals if he was on the verge of dying from hunger. the bigger question is: Where exactly did sheppard get a bunch of live animals to offer to Steve? he could probably catch some fish if there were any in the ocean but fish wouldnt survive very long for steve to feed on
      I don't think the Wraith will settle for sushi.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

For that matter what did the Ancient's eat?? Seems odd there are no facilities for growing or "creating" food yet mentioned in Atlantis... seems that would be one of the first things they would have looked for...

Comment

Originally posted by tfalls1
          For that matter what did the Ancient's eat?? Seems odd there are no facilities for growing or "creating" food yet mentioned in Atlantis... seems that would be one of the first things they would have looked for...
          I'm guessing that they used some form of replicating technology to create their food. If this was the case we probably haven't heard about it since it would require energy and that is something the SGA team is decidedly short on right now.
          I may be mistaken (don't have the ep to check), but i thought that Sheppard said they tried feeding him live animals and he actually failed to eat them.

Comment

Now my theory is that the wraiths aren´t the evil that beat the ancients but are in fact just a creation of those old baddies designed to keep the "humans" in the galaxy from becoming to strong.

That would needly explain why the wraith can only eat humans.

Comment

I'm in the 'humans are tasty' camp, though I'd say they had Steve for a bit longer than a week. One of the things I'm wondering is if the galaxy really had been devoid of intelligent life before the ancients showed up. Could they have wiped out another race, and just decided not to mention it in the recording.

Comment

They ate Furlings!

They like humans better because we dodn't have that pesky hair to shave off.

Comment

Taco Bell's Mexican Buritos... and Taco Bell themselves.

I hate Taco Bell personally. They put meat in my vegetarian meal and spoiled my vegetarian diet!

Comment

Buttitos.

Comment

They probably got hibachi.

Comment

Mmmmmm....Hibachi.
                        (_8^(|)

Comment

Before humans they were either eating other sentient races or animals as there would have been nothing else for them to eat.

If the wraith are an artificaly created or evolved lifeform then they probly started off eating their creators and just moved on to any other sentients they could find untill they were all wiped out.

If they are a natural lifeform then they would have had to have fed off animals before getting a chance to feed off of sentient life. However if this is the case then why couldnt Steve feed off whatever they tried to feed him? It could have been that whatever he was offered he found so disgusting he refused to eat no matter how hungry he was. Another possibuility could be that once the wraith started feeding on sentients they started loosing the abuility to feed off animals.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAncientOne
                            *Spoilers for already aired eps of Atlantis I suppose*

Just wondering how the Wraith survived since we found out in one of the recent eps that they can't eat any animals, only humans. Maybe this lends support to the seemingly ridiculous theory that the Wraith were an Ancient experiment to combat the real enemy gone horribly wrong, which ive seen somewhere on here.
                            read: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=3735

Comment

Perhaps something that has since gone extinct? Humans used to eat mammoths after all.
                              Fitness Buddies

Comment

Working...
                              X