This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost City outpost and Atlantis (contains spoilers for non season 7 viewers0

In Lost city the ancients had an outpost on earth and on Proklarush Taonas At and probably on many more planets.Do you think these were built by the ancients who came back from pegasus when they went to war with the wraith.They probably thought the wraith would eventually make their way to the milky way galaxy so they started building defenses ready for future attacks.I say this because as far as we know their was no race in the milky way who could threaten the ancients so they wouldnt have needed outposts with super weapons.

May have been precounionary but time will tell, once we see the wraith motherships in action we will get a better idea. It may be for another enemy which don't yet know about (sorry I don't know which ep but I think its an unaired atlantis one.)
    Spoiler:
    they did have a time machine but they destroyed it after a few missions.
    Wier: Nice work Rodney!
    McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
    Wier: Yes, several times....
    [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

Originally posted by geb
      In Lost city the ancients had an outpost on earth and on Proklarush Taonas At and probably on many more planets.Do you think these were built by the ancients who came back from pegasus when they went to war with the wraith.They probably thought the wraith would eventually make their way to the milky way galaxy so they started building defenses ready for future attacks.I say this because as far as we know their was no race in the milky way who could threaten the ancients so they wouldnt have needed outposts with super weapons.
      I think the outposts were from before the Ancients left for pegasus mostly because when they came back they were facing a plague that forced them to ascend and weren't really concerned with defending the rest of the Milky Way's races millenia down the road. As well there's no reason that we have to believe that the drones were made as an exclusively military tool, they could've had many applications from excavation to exploration and thus been used long before the Ancients encountered the Wraith.

Comment

Just watched Rising again and 'theancientone' you are right. When Atlantis left Earth the outpost was already there, with an ancient there (Oma whats-her-name I think, didn't see the episode of SG-1 with her in).

Comment

Originally posted by waz
          May have been precounionary but time will tell, once we see the wraith motherships in action we will get a better idea. It may be for another enemy which don't yet know about (sorry I don't know which ep but I think its an unaired atlantis one.)
          Spoiler:
          they did have a time machine but they destroyed it after a few missions.
          In WoO it was said that the same race who built the Stargates built that time machine in order to go into their past to prevent their own demise, and that they never got it to work.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

On certain planets where the city lands for a long time, the Ancients build an outpost. There planets maybe special planets where they spread the human race around the galaxy.
            "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
            of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
            Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
            because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
            of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
            another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
              In WoO it was said that the same race who built the Stargates built that time machine in order to go into their past to prevent their own demise, and that they never got it to work.
              I was under the impression that the time machine in WoO was built by the Ancients to try and save that particular planet, mostly because i seeem to remember it being connected with teh stargate in some way. Don't have the ep nemore so could someone who does clarify this for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                No, I think he's refering to a different time machine.
                Spoilers, Highlight to read:In the (unaired) Atlantis episode "Before I Sleep", the future/past Weir used an Ancient timeship to travel back to when the Ancients were under attack from the Wraith. The timeship was made by somebody named Janus.

I think that's the one he meant.
                sigpic
                In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAncientOne
                  As well there's no reason that we have to believe that the drones were made as an exclusively military tool, they could've had many applications from excavation to exploration and thus been used long before the Ancients encountered the Wraith.
                  Lately I have been starting to think the same thing about the drones and the outposts. As formidable as they are I just dont get the feeling that they were desiigned for a millitary role but rather something that was pressed into a millitary role. But my thought on on original drone use was for meteor protection. No matter how good your millitary base was you would want more than one deffending a planet, then again the ancients do not seem to do so well in the tactical department.

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
                    No, I think he's refering to a different time machine.
                    Spoilers, Highlight to read:In the (unaired) Atlantis episode "Before I Sleep", the future/past Weir used an Ancient timeship to travel back to when the Ancients were under attack from the Wraith. The timeship was made by somebody named Janus.

I think that's the one he meant.
                    Yep, thats the one

Comment

The outposts are huge towers in which Atlantis lands and the tower goes right through the centre of Atlantis. So they were probably made for a guide to were Atlantis should land, as it probably couldn’t just land anywhere, except water.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
                        The outposts are huge towers in which Atlantis lands and the tower goes right through the centre of Atlantis. So they were probably made for a guide to were Atlantis should land, as it probably couldn’t just land anywhere, except water.
                        Or, The outposts existed in many places, but the Landing pedastle for Atlantis above the one in antarctica was completely destroyed.
                        sigpic

Comment

what do you mean? the one in antarctic is still there, but snow covers all of it.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

How do you know this?

Comment

what do you mean? the one in antarctic is still there, but snow covers all of it.
                              The outpost may exist, the chair and the weapon. However, we haven't seen the landing pedastle itself. It stands to reason that there would be some cool tech inside that. It's possible that that portion was destroyed.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X