Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Ascended ancients in pegasus (maybe spoliers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Ascended ancients in pegasus (maybe spoliers)

One think i cant understand is why the ancients never defeated the wraith once they became ascended. I know they say that they are not allowed to interfere in our plane of existance but surely these rules were formed overmany years not straight after they ascended.After all the anceints ascended so they wouldnt die from the plague and from the attacking wraith so surely they would have used their new powers to their advantage. Even if it took them a long time to learn what powers they had gained from becoming ascended they could have still stopped the cullings. If they had any humanity they would have helped all the planets they seeded instead of letting them die horrible deaths.
    The ancients wanted to spread life across the galaxy but werent so bothered to protect it when it became under attack.

Please attack my statement.

P.S. Im a big fan of the ancients and for some reason have decided to attack them.i must be in a bad mood

Originally posted by geb
    Please attack my statement.
    I'd like to but I can't see the reason why they haven't helped.
    Wier: Nice work Rodney!
    McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
    Wier: Yes, several times....
    [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

*Spoilers*

In the episode entitled Sanctuary, SGA-1 comes in contact with an Ascended Ancient.

Comment

Spoilers for Underground

It is possible that the Ancients did in fact act against the Wraith prior to establishing their moral code as ascended beings. Some people have expressed surprise that the number of Wraith motherships is estimated at 60 across the whole galaxy and that this seems insufficient to have brought the Ancients to their knees. We really don't know what a Wraith mothership can do, but perhaps the ancients wiped out a pile of em before they decided to withdraw from our plane.

Spoilers for late season 8 sg1 (unaired eps 820-22)

The fact that the Ancients created a device to reseed life in our galaxy after ascending (assuming it was after) lends some support to the above theory but begs the question why they left some Wraith alive since ascended beings appear to be so much more powerful.

Originally posted by Calicto
        *Spoilers*

In the episode entitled Sanctuary, SGA-1 comes in contact with an Ascended Ancient.
        True but the Ancient only acts to defend the one planet suggesting that the non-interference policy is to some extent still present with this Ancient just as it is with Oma Desala.

Comment

If there were acended ancients in pegasus then I think they would have destroyed the wratih, being demigods and all, and since the wraith all but destroyed them, they would be vengeful. so powerful beings + anger = destruction of the wraith.

Comment

Perhaps they simply don't care. The Ancients haven't really shown a lot of compassion for the suffering on this side of existence.

Comment

is it possible that the Ancients are not the first Ascended race?
              in that case a previous race had the moral code and all the ancients were restricted, and we might even hear of a few ancients that went against the pre-ascended race in order to fight the wraith.

Comment

As I said in another thread, the Ancients could not destroy the Wraith when in material form. They underestimated the enemy and the enemy managed to outwit them. It was a mistake that they could not fix.

Therefore, the Ancients did not just give-up and then ascend. They lost and were forced to die or ascend if they could.

It's funny how fans are underestimating the Wraith just like the Ancients. If 100 Wraith motherships appeared in front of Atlantis, that's the end of that show. Believe me, the ship is huge and they can really beat you down.

As Furyofaseraph said, it could be possible that another race ascended before and established a moral code. Maybe the gaseous giants from Crystal Skull?

However, I doubt the Ancients would care about the Wraith once they ascended. They like to sit back and watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewbert
                  If there were acended ancients in pegasus then I think they would have destroyed the wratih, being demigods and all, and since the wraith all but destroyed them, they would be vengeful. so powerful beings + anger = destruction of the wraith.
                  well in case u forgot, ascended ones have lots of power but aren't supposed to use it. ancients seem like they'd be the last ones to break that rule.
                  Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
                  Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
                  Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
                  Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

As far as the number of wraith ships seeming to be a small number, you may want to consider a "civill war" may have occurred over potential feeding ground rights/violations, therefore diminishing their numbers. Or perhaps like in
                    S
                    p
                    o
                    i
                    l
                    e
                    r
                    S
                    p
                    a
                    c
                    e
                    Poisoning the Well, there were other incidents of 'food poisoning.'
                    Last edited by Ancient 1; 31 August 2004, 12:37 PM. Reason: embarrassing typos...again

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Ah, here's also a nice thread talking about this topic. Perhaps you will find some interesting repliyes there
                      Last edited by veneticuss; 01 September 2004, 05:59 AM.
                      "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                        Ah, here's also a nice thread talking about this topic. Perhaps you will find some interesting repliyes there
                        Well, let me go have a look...be back later...maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                          Well, let me go have a look...be back later...maybe.
                          Ahh..yes. i remember that thread. Much food for thought over there. I just glanced at it this time. Not much about them being in Pegasus.

Comment

My personal opinion on this subject is this;
                            When the Ancients returned to earth after suffering the plauge and the recent defeat at the hands of the wraith they were more-less licking their wounds, as each ascended and gained - from what we know - limitless power they may have felt it unnecessary to take vengance, after all, they are higher beings with power over the universe, the wraith can not hurt them at this point, so what would be the good in attacking an enemy that has no chance of winning against you?

does any of that make sence?

if not... heres a lamens terms version.

the Ancients couldnt be hurt by the wraith anymore so they didnt destroy their enemy.

I also think it was a matter of principal too, how do you feel when you beat someone at something when they really had no chance at all? for most people, they wouldnt considar that a victory, more of a "winning by default" and for the ancients, there would be no glory in killing the wraith. I also think thats part of the reason why they didnt help the other worlds they seeded with life, hoping that thoswe who survived would rise up and defeat the wraith on thier own.

wow this is a long post [for me]

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                              Ahh..yes. i remember that thread. Much food for thought over there. I just glanced at it this time. Not much about them being in Pegasus.
                              Not much about Pegasus? Well, because at that time, we haven't known about Pegasus i guess.
                              "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Working...
                              X