PDA

View Full Version : The Spiderman Thread

Pages : [1] 2

the Fifth Race
November 11th, 2006, 05:43 AM
The all purpose Spiderman Thread.......

I wanted to start an all purpose/full service Spiderman thread where anyone can discuss the movies, comic books, animated series, action figures and anything else Spiderman related.

Spiderman was the first super-hero comic book character I truly loved as a kid. Sure there was Superman and Batman, but I always enjoyed reading Marvel comics over DC.

Here is some back ground information that some of you probably already know but for the fringe fan this might help with your over-all knowledge of the history of Spiderman.....

SPIDERMAN HISTORY
Spider-Man was created for Marvel Comics by comic book writer, Stan Lee, and first appeared in a comic book series, “Amazing Fantasy #15”, in 1962. It was such a hit that Amazing Fantasy was renamed Amazing Spider-Man and Stan Lee was promoted. Lee, who had joined Marvel Comics at the age of 16, became the youngest editor in the industry one year later. By the early 1970s, Marvel Comics was the dominant comic-book publisher, largely due to the overwhelming popularity of Spider-Man.

In 1977 Spider-Man began starring in his own newspaper strip and quickly became one of the most successful newspaper comics. Spider-Man has appeared in more than 500 newspapers worldwide, making it the longest running of all Super Hero strips. Stan Lee personally wrote and edited the seven-days-a-week Spider-Man newspaper strip from its inception until he left Marvel Comics in the late 1990s. Stan Lee’s younger brother, Larry Lieber, drew the daily newspaper comics for Marvel since the late 1980’s, when Larry Lieber replaced Fred Kids as “The Amazing Spider-Man” artist.

The first Spider-Man animated television series premiered on ABC in 1967 and ran for two seasons (1967 -1969). A third unaired season was later released in syndication. From 1977 to 1979, CBS aired a live action Spider-Man TV series. Several of the shows were also edited to make three Spider-Man movies.

The animated Spider-Man returned to television in 1981. A syndicated Spider-Man solo series aired from 1981-1982, and was followed by “Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends” (Iceman, Firestar and the Incredible Hulk) on NBC from 1982-1985. The highly successful 1990’s “Spider-Man” consisted of 65 episodes and aired from 1994-1998. The follow-up series, Spider-Man Unlimited, was short-lived and pulled off the air to make room for Digimon.

For those unfamiliar with the Spider-Man story, Spider-Man is an atomic hero, inspired by the creation of the atomic bomb. A radioactive spider bit a high school student by the name of Peter Parker while he was attending a scientific demonstration of a new radiation technology. The spider crept into the beam of radiation generated by the experiment and then dropped onto and bit Peter’s hand. As a result, Peter gained the powers of a spider magnified by the radiation. Peter’s new found superhuman abilities included incredible superhuman strength, superhuman reflexes and equilibrium, the ability to stick to most surfaces and an intuitive sense for danger. He was also able to spin and shoot webs.

Daniel Jackson
November 11th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Greetings & Salutations :jack:

I love Spider-man 1 & 2 and am looking forward to Spider-man 3. However, my memory of the cartoon is spotty at best, and I've never read a comic book in my life. I'd like this thread to be dedicated to the movies only, because all of this future knowledge from the comic books and 90's cartoon are S P O I L E R S for me and anyone else who is only familiar with Spider-man through the movies.

I love Spider-man, but I found Spider-man 2 to be a supperior film, and the cliffhanger ending where Harry finds his father's secret lair was a terrible cliffhanger, because we had two wait two years to see whut happens next. On May 4th, we find out! :D

So far, we know the movie will revolve around Peter Parker, Marry Jane, Harry Osborne, the Sandman, Spider-man's black suit, some new photographer, and a new love interest for Peter Parker. I guess now that MJ knows Peter is Spider-man, they need something new to create emotional angst in this movie. Couldn't Peter and MJ just be a happy, united force in this movie? I don't mind emotional angst, but two movies was enough already. Anyway, I'm curious to find out just whut exactly this black suit will do to Peter's relationship with MJ and Spider-man's reputation with New York City. :eek:

Admiral Mappalazarou
November 11th, 2006, 07:23 AM
go here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=37504

Admiral Mappalazarou
November 11th, 2006, 07:24 AM
I like the movies, tv series, comics and basically all of spiderman trivia and canon :)
Spiderman 3 looks AWESAWM!!!

the Fifth Race
November 11th, 2006, 07:25 AM
What the heck Daniel Jackson, I just start an all inclusive Spiderman thread and you then you copy me, NOT cool.

Daniel Jackson
November 11th, 2006, 07:27 AM
go here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=37504
No. I do not want Spider-man 3 spoiled, because someone blabbed about a 20-year-old comic book.

What the heck Daniel Jackson, I just start an all inclusive Spiderman thread and you then you copy me, NOT cool.
Relax, Fifth. I see your thread, but once that discussion gets going, it's going to be one, big, fat S P O I L E R for anyone who only knows about Spider-man through the films.

That's why I started this thread. It will allow people to discuss the movies without Spider-man 3 being spoiled. :daniel:

the Fifth Race
November 11th, 2006, 07:28 AM
I like the movies, tv series, comics and basically all of spiderman trivia and canon :)
Spiderman 3 looks AWESAWM!!!

It does look awesome Mappa, I noticed Trpher Grace is in it, very cool. I can't believe that Daniel Jackson guy starts a Spiderman thread right after I did, that pisses me off. Thanx for noticing I started mine first and telling him so.

Admiral Mappalazarou
November 11th, 2006, 07:33 AM
It does look awesome Mappa, I noticed Trpher Grace is in it, very cool. I can't believe that Daniel Jackson guy starts a Spiderman thread right after I did, that pisses me off. Thanx for noticing I started mine first and telling him so.
Well y'know me, Mr Controversial. ;)

Anyways, I always figured that Venom was going to be in the third movie but it's just the symbiote suit, right? dang. Anyways the sand man looks frakin gr8!!!! :)

oh yeah, and the hobgoblin (aka. Harry)...lol, it should be good.

Admiral Mappalazarou
November 11th, 2006, 07:35 AM
No. I do not want Spider-man 3 spoiled, because someone blabbed about a 20-year-old comic book.

Relax, Fifth. I see your thread, but once that discussion gets going, it's going to be one, big, fat S P O I L E R for anyone who only knows about Spider-man through the films.

That's why I started this thread. It will allow people to discuss the movies without Spider-man 3 being spoiled. :daniel:
Then I recommend putting a big fat 'NO SPOILERS PLEASE' sign above.

the Fifth Race
November 11th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Well y'know me, Mr Controversial. ;)

Anyways, I always figured that Venom was going to be in the third movie but it's just the symbiote suit, right? dang. Anyways the sand man looks frakin gr8!!!! :)

oh yeah, and the hobgoblin (aka. Harry)...lol, it should be good.

It does look like a symbiont suit, I was hoping Tropher plays Venom

Sandman does look incredible, that scene of him where he is as big as a tall building was amazing.

Daniel Jackson
November 11th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Why? That's common courtesy, considering the movie is not out yet. :rolleyes:

Instead of arguing, do you have anything you'd like to discuss about the movies? :jack:

Admiral Mappalazarou
November 11th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Why? That's common courtesy, considering the movie is not out yet. :rolleyes:

Instead of arguing, do you have anything you'd like to discuss about the movies? :jack:

It's not common courtesy though....spoilers are all over this forum!!!!! I just got the movie Serenity spoiled for me just half and hour ago in this place!!!!!

The movies? yeah okay....Spiderman 3 looks awesome :)

Admiral Mappalazarou
November 11th, 2006, 08:01 AM
It does look like a symbiont suit, I was hoping Tropher plays Venom

Sandman does look incredible, that scene of him where he is as big as a tall building was amazing.

yeah lol, and Venom was always my favourite character from the entire franchise, especially from the spiderman game for the PSone. :) Quality!!!

Daniel Jackson
November 11th, 2006, 08:07 AM
It's not common courtesy though....spoilers are all over this forum!!!!! I just got the movie Serenity spoiled for me just half and hour ago in this place!!!!!
I understand, which is why I avoid threads that might spoil a movie I have not seen or a Stargate episode that has not aired.

The movies? yeah okay....Spiderman 3 looks awesome :)
Indeed it does! Do you think the one-armed professor from Spider-man 2 will have a role in this movie? I remember him from the cartoon, he was in several episodes. I'm guessing his cameo in 2 was a teaser, letting the audience know he'd be in 3?

Oh, and have you watched the DVD special features about the Spider-man suit? Apparantly, it's not just a spandex suit with a plastic-looking web effect on top. It's actually a very complicated suit that they paste to the actor in pieces.

I wonder whut it's made of in terms of story and how Peter would put it on? I don't see a zipper. lol

the Fifth Race
November 11th, 2006, 08:10 AM
yeah lol, and Venom was always my favourite character from the entire franchise, especially from the spiderman game for the PSone. :) Quality!!!

Was Venom created from Spidermans DNA?.

I just googled and found this brief but accurate account of who Venom is.....

The homicidal embodiment of pure hatred and blinding rage, Venom is an amalgamation of two wildly disparate beings, each obsessed with Spider-Man. One half is Eddie Brock, an unethical former journalist whose meteoric career was cut short when Spider-Man revealed a story he had written to be false. The other is the alien symbiote that posed for a time as Spider-Man’s black costume, attempting all the while to graft itself to the wall-crawler permanently.

Coincidentally arriving at the church where the creature had gone to ground, the devastated Brock’s intense emotions attracted the empathic symbiote, which Spider-Man had rebuffed repeatedly and nearly destroyed. Brock gave himself fully to the alien, their mutual fixation fanned into an overwhelming animosity by the union. There is no more Eddie Brock, no more symbiote: There is only Venom.

Armed with the alien’s intimate knowledge of Spider-Man, Venom embarked on a campaign of terror against Peter Parker, often tormenting the hero's friends and loved ones to cause him personal distress. On numerous occasions, Venom has targeted Mary Jane Watson, using her pain as a means to unsettle Spider-Man.

Utterly insane and totally without remorse, Venom is the antithesis of his adversary. Spider-Man understands that with great power, there must also come great responsibility. Driven entirely by a single base emotion, Venom comprehends only its all-consuming desire for revenge.

Admiral Mappalazarou
November 11th, 2006, 08:20 AM
lol well I dont really go into the behind the scenes technical-scientific stuff but I loved his evil, showing-off sense of humour. Kind reminds me of me.

Admiral Mappalazarou
November 11th, 2006, 08:51 AM
I understand, which is why I avoid threads that might spoil a movie I have not seen or a Stargate episode that has not aired.

Indeed it does! Do you think the one-armed professor from Spider-man 2 will have a role in this movie? I remember him from the cartoon, he was in several episodes. I'm guessing his cameo in 2 was a teaser, letting the audience know he'd be in 3?

Oh, and have you watched the DVD special features about the Spider-man suit? Apparantly, it's not just a spandex suit with a plastic-looking web effect on top. It's actually a very complicated suit that they paste to the actor in pieces.

I wonder whut it's made of in terms of story and how Peter would put it on? I don't see a zipper. lol

I'm disappointed that only the symbiote creature is in it, not Venom the funny alien after spidey thingy :(

Starbase
November 11th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Wtgo brother Fifth, its about time you started a Spiderman appreciation thread. I will add some info and trivia when I can.......

According to the Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Spider-Man’s official height is 5/10”, weight is 165 pounds, eye color is hazel and hair color is brown.

Stan Lee, the mastermind behind Spider-Man, also created the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, Iron Man, and the Hulk. At the age of 77, Stan Lee left Spider-Man and Marvel Comics to start his own company, Stan Lee Media, an internet portal company.

In 1978, Toei Animation in Japan produced a Japanese version of the live action Spider-Man TV series. Although the Spider-Man costume was similar, the story-line was quite different from the U.S. version.

Spider-Man made his debut onto Nintendo 64’s video game in November 2000. Gamers utilize Spider-Man’s super strength and superior wit to protect the innocent as they solve a variety of puzzles and defeat old and new super villains.

There is now a Spider-Man ride in the “Marvel Super Hero Island” of Universal Studios theme park in Orlando, Florida.

Seastallion
November 11th, 2006, 09:31 AM
I JUST finished watching Spiderman 2... then I come across this thread. :p Cool..! I love Spiderman..! He was always my favorite comic book hero growing up. I could identify with Peter Parker in some ways, and I just LOVED how he'd beat up the bad guys and be a wise-guy while he was at it. Classic! His combination of abilities made him a formidable foe against just about anyone. He's really strong (even if NOT the strongest), but more than that to beat him you'd actually have to hit him, and it isn't easy to move a very quick and agile target. :D

Go, SPIDEY..! ;)

Daniel Jackson
November 11th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Way to go, Moderators, for merging my thread with a thread full of spoilers.

I am done discussing Spider-man in this forum. :rolleyes:

DELETE ALL MY POSTS!!!! :mad:

the Fifth Race
November 12th, 2006, 03:16 AM
Don't be hating on the Mod's, there just doing there job, and doing it quite well.

And for the record, this is NOT a spoiler thread!, I hate spoilers as much as anyone.

Starbase
November 12th, 2006, 03:18 AM
I JUST finished watching Spiderman 2... then I come across this thread. :p Cool..! I love Spiderman..! He was always my favorite comic book hero growing up. I could identify with Peter Parker in some ways, and I just LOVED how he'd beat up the bad guys and be a wise-guy while he was at it. Classic! His combination of abilities made him a formidable foe against just about anyone. He's really strong (even if NOT the strongest), but more than that to beat him you'd actually have to hit him, and it isn't easy to move a very quick and agile target. :D

Go, SPIDEY..! ;)

Spiderman II rocked, and like brother Fifth and yourself I grew up reading Spiderman first!. Marvel superhero's just have an edge to them that DC superhero's are lacking.

His abilities with the fact that he was a humble and cool guy made him very easy to appreciate.

Have you viewed the the Spiderman III trailer Seastallion?.

http://www.ifilm.com/presents/spiderman3?cmpnid=735&cm&refsite=8030

Admiral Mappalazarou
November 12th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Way to go, Moderators, for merging my thread with a thread full of spoilers.

I am done discussing Spider-man in this forum. :rolleyes:

DELETE ALL MY POSTS!!!! :mad:

Quiet you.:)

Daniel Jackson
November 12th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Don't be hating on the Mod's, there just doing there job, and doing it quite well.
Obviously, not, because he didn't read my post which clearly said the thread was dedicated to discussing the movies only, not the franchise as a whole.

Starbase
November 12th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Obviously, not, because he didn't read my post which clearly said the thread was dedicated to discussing the movies only, not the franchise as a whole.

You didn't even bother reading Fifth Races first post when he started this thread......

The all purpose Spiderman Thread.......

I wanted to start an all purpose/full service Spiderman thread where anyone can discuss the movies, comic books, animated series, action figures and anything else Spiderman related.

That states all purpose including "Movies".

The Mod's are right.

Daniel Jackson
November 12th, 2006, 02:05 PM
You didn't even bother reading Fifth Races first post when he started this thread......
I didn't want to be spoiled on events that might be used in the 3rd feature film.

Admiral Mappalazarou
November 12th, 2006, 04:22 PM
I didn't want to be spoiled on events that might be used in the 3rd feature film.

Can we just end this pointless debate? The thread made by Daniel Jackson was meant to be made about the movies without spoilers (which he should have pointed out) and this thread was made to discuss the franchise as a whole, the mods saw that this thread would benefit people more about learning about spideys story from all of the canon behind the character thus discussing the character as a whole - with everything included.

Now, DJ, I'm sure that the polite people will use spoiler tags and so if you dont wish to see what happens in Spiderman 3(like me) then dont read them, but unfortunately there are some people who dont use spoiler tags and thiers a thread about this here:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=37130
I'm not picking on you or anything, mate, but let's just face facts: Daz wants his forum nice and the mods are there, not only to delete posts and cause chaos in the 'Who's your favourite mod?' thread, but to ensure that this place looks good and doesn't have too many threads based around more or less the same subject...And yes I know that most of the threads here are based on Stargate but it's a stargate website and forum....so that's the end of that topic.

So I hope that sort of explained a few things for you...I don't who made their spidey thread first, but since one gives us more to read, write and learn from.

USS Defiant
November 14th, 2006, 06:51 AM
<<<<< Big Spiderman fan myself. I just watched the trailer for Spiderman III and for the sake of people that do not like Spoilers I won't discuss what I saw, I will just say Wow!. I'm glad Tropher Grace was cast in this movie.

I have a huge Spiderman comic book collection, anyone else into Spiderman comics?.

mckaychick
November 14th, 2006, 06:53 AM
im into the comics

the Fifth Race
November 20th, 2006, 06:28 AM
Here is some more Spiderman history and notes....

Creation of character
There have been conflicting accounts of Spider-Man's creation, with Stan Lee, Steve Ditko (the official creators), Jack Kirby and Joe Simon claiming varying amounts of credit for the character.

Stan Lee claimed in the 1980s that the idea for Spider-Man arose from a surge in teenage demand for comic books, and the desire to create a character with which teens could identify. Lee cited the non-superhuman pulp magazine crime fighter The Spider as an influence. [citation needed] In the documentary Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters and Marvels and elsewhere, Lee claimed that he was inspired by seeing a fly climb up a wall. He mentioned that he has told the story of Spider-Man's origins so often that he has become unsure of whether or not it is true. Afterward, Lee approached Marvel publisher Martin Goodman to seek approval for the character. In a 1986 interview with the Detroit News, he described in detail his arguments to overcome Goodman's objections.

Jack Kirby counterclaimed in a 1982 interview that Lee had minimal involvement in the character's creation, and that it was Kirby and Joe Simon who created a character called The Silver Spider planned for the Crestwood comic Black Magic until that company went out of business.

Simon, in his 1990 autobiography, disputed Kirby's account, asserting that the supernatural anthology Black Magic was not a factor, and that he (Simon) devised the name "Spiderman" (later changed to "The Silver Spider"), while Kirby outlined the character's story and powers.

Comics historian Greg Theakston says that Lee, after receiving Goodman's approval for the name Spider-Man and the "ordinary teen" concept, approached Kirby. Kirby told Lee about his 1950s Silver Spider/Spiderman, in which an orphaned boy living with an old couple finds a magic ring that gives him superpowers. Lee and Kirby "immediately sat down for a story conference" and Lee afterward directed Kirby to flesh out the character and draw some pages. "A day or two later", Kirby showed Lee the first six pages, and, as Lee recalled, "I hated the way he was doing it. Not that he did it badly — it [just] wasn't the character I wanted; it was too heroic". Joe Simon concurs that Kirby showed the original Spiderman version to Lee, who liked the idea and gave Kirby the assignment, but who ultimately disliked the results — in Simon's description, "Captain America with cobwebs".

Lee turned to artist Steve Ditko, who had originally been scheduled to ink the new character. Ditko developed a visual motif Lee found satisfactory, although Lee ironically later replaced Ditko's cover with one penciled by Kirby. As Ditko recalled:

"The Spider-Man pages Stan showed me were nothing like the [eventually] published character. In fact, the only drawings of Spider-Man were on the splash. At the end, Kirby had the guy leaping at you with a web gun. ... Anyway, the first five pages took place in the home, and the kid finds a ring and turns into Spider-Man.

Joe Simon later elaborated that his and Kirby's Silver Spider became the basis for Simon's Archie Comics character The Fly, introduced in early 1959. Simon says Ditko recognized that Kirby's Spiderman was highly similar to the Fly, and designed his own original version, which Lee dubbed Spider-Man. Ditko's recollections in Comic Book Artist #3 (Winter 1999) were similar. Much earlier, in a rare contemporaneous account, Ditko described his and Lee's contributions in a mail interview with Gary Martin published in Comic Fan #2 (Summer 1965): "Stan Lee thought the name up. I did costume, web gimmick on wrist & spider signal". Additionally, Ditko shared a Manhattan studio with noted fetish artist Eric Stanton, an art-school classmate who, in a 1988 interview with Theakston, recalled that although his contribution to Spider-Man was "almost nil", he and Ditko had "worked on storyboards together [and] I added a few ideas. But the whole thing was created by Steve on his own. ... I think I added the business about the webs coming out of his hands".

the Fifth Race
November 20th, 2006, 06:33 AM
More info........

Commercial success
Spider-Man was introduced in Amazing Fantasy #15, 1962. Due to positive sales and fan mail resulting from the issue, the character received his own title, The Amazing Spider-Man, the following year, which became Marvel's best-selling series. The character quickly became a cultural icon; a 1965 Esquire poll of college campuses found that college students ranked Spider-Man and fellow Marvel hero The Hulk alongside Bob Dylan and Che Guevara as their favorite revolutionary icons. One interviewee selected Spider-Man because he was "beset by woes, money problems, and the question of existence. In short, he is one of us". Following Ditko's departure after issue #39, John Romita, Sr. became the character's next-most-associated signature artist, penciling the character over the several following years.

The Amazing Spider-Man#96 (May 1971), the first of three non-Comics Code issues that prompted the Code's first update, allowing comics to show the negative effects of illegal-drug use. Note cover-blurb reference to "The last fatal trip!" Cover art by Gil KaneAn early 1970s Spider-Man story led to the revision of the Comics Code. Previously, it was taboo to depict illegal drugs, even negatively. However, in 1970 the Nixon administration's Department of Health, Education, and Welfare asked Stan Lee to run an anti-drug message in one of Marvel's top-selling titles. Lee chose the top-selling The Amazing Spider-Man; issues #96–98 (May–July 1971) feature a story arc that shows the negative effects of drug abuse. In the story, Peter Parker's friend Harry Osborn starts taking pills and becomes so ill that when Spider-Man fights the Green Goblin (Norman Osborn), Spider-Man defeats Norman by simply showing him his sick son. While the story had a clear anti-drug message, the Comics Code Authority refused to issue its seal of approval. Marvel nevertheless sold the three issues without the Comics Code Authority's approval or seal and sold so well that the industry's self-censorship was undercut.

In 1972, a second monthly ongoing series starring Spider-Man began: Marvel Team-Up, in which Spider-Man is paired with other superheroes. In 1976, his second solo series, Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man began, running parallel to the main series; a third solo series, Web of Spider-Man, launched in 1985, replacing Marvel Team-Up. The launch of a fourth monthly title in 1990, written and drawn by popular artist Todd McFarlane, debuted with multiple variant covers and sold in excess of three million copies of its premiere issue, an industry record at the time. There have generally been at least two ongoing Spider-Man series at any time, with a typical minimum of four comics starring the character published each month. Several limited series, one-shots and loosely related comics have also been published, and Spider-Man makes frequent cameos and guest appearances in other comic series.

Spider-Man has become Marvel's flagship character, and is often seen as an image representing the entire company. When Marvel became the first comic book company to be listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 1991, the Wall Street Journal announced "Spider-man is coming to Wall Street"; the event was in turn promoted with an actor in a Spider-Man costume accompanying Stan Lee to the Stock Exchange. When Marvel wanted to issue a story dealing with the immediate aftermath of the September 11th, 2001 attacks, the company settled on the December 2001 issue of The Amazing Spider-Man. In 2006, Spider-Man garnered major media coverage with the revealing of the character's secret identity, an event detailed in a full-page story in the New York Post before the issue containing the story was even released.

In 1999, after a decline in sales that began with the clone storyline, John Byrne revised the origin of Spider-Man in Spider-Man: Chapter One, just as he earlier reinvented Superman's origin in The Man of Steel. The changes were mentioned in the contemporary comics (which Byrne co-wrote with Howard Mackie), but the attempt was not popular and Marvel writers returned to the Lee/Ditko origin.

The publisher relaunched The Amazing Spider-Man and Peter Parker: Spider-Man with new #1 issues and canceled The Sensational Spider-Man Vol. 1 and The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 1.

As of 2006, Spider-Man regularly appears in The Amazing Spider-Man, New Avengers, The Sensational Spider-Man, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, Ultimate Spider-Man, Marvel Adventures Spider-Man, and the limited series Beyond! and Civil War.

MB.Eddie
November 21st, 2006, 09:23 PM
Just watched the trailer for the third movie. Looks pretty cool. There will certainly be a lot going on in this one. Cant wait until may :)

Starbase
December 20th, 2006, 05:03 AM
I saw these two new and quite cool looking posters they have for Spiderman 3, check them out......

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/news.php?id=4774

TheWarrior
March 2nd, 2007, 02:13 AM
Fans will be able to legally view seven and a half minutes of this summer's Spider-Man 3 online just by watching Heroes at NBC.com.

The release also reveals that there will be a 60-second Spider-Man 3 clip with a cliffhanger of its own during that night's broadcast.

Click here (http://www.herosite.net/spidey.htm) to read the press release

Starbase
March 2nd, 2007, 03:50 AM
Fans will be able to legally view seven and a half minutes of this summer's Spider-Man 3 online just by watching Heroes at NBC.com.

The release also reveals that there will be a 60-second Spider-Man 3 clip with a cliffhanger of its own during that night's broadcast.

Click here (http://www.herosite.net/spidey.htm) to read the press release

Sweet, thanks for the head's up Warrior.

I am starting to get ecxited about this latest installment. It will be nice seeing Tropher Grace in anything again.

MoonlightKiller
March 3rd, 2007, 02:39 PM
I am so going to see this film. I've been looking forward to it since I found out it was coming out this year.

Krichton
March 4th, 2007, 05:17 PM
The movies as well as the current line of 616 Spider-man comic books is a disgrace to all that is holy and dear to fans of the character. I spit in your face Quesada. Die, die, die!

TheWarrior
March 6th, 2007, 03:51 AM
Heard the news on Radio 1 (UK Radio Station) and read it on IMDB news.

Tobey Maguire has confirmed the upcoming Spider-man 3 will be the last time he plays the superhero on the big screen. Co-star Kirsten Dunst has also said she feels the third film will be the last in the popular franchise. Maguire says, "To me it seems like this is a natural point for the team to break up because we have a lot of story conclusions that were going along for the main characters for the first two movies and we kind of tie almost everything up for the third movie. "It feels like a trilogy to me and it feels like the end." But moviemaker Sam Raimi isn't so sure that it's all over for the web-slinging movie hero. In a recent interview, the director stated he's seriously considering a fourth film. He explains, "I love Spider-Man and I love working with Kirsten, Tobey, James Franco)... I just have to make sure that when I'm done with Spider-Man 3, I'm really still fascinated with the character. At this moment I'm fascinated with him." But Raimi insists he couldn't imagine making a fourth installment if Maguire didn't sign on for it. He adds, "I couldn't imagine it."

Daniel Jackson
March 6th, 2007, 08:40 PM
I would love to see a fourth movie, but so long as Spider-man 3 provides conclussion to the series, then I'd be happy with just three movies. :daniel:

Krichton
March 6th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I would love to see a fourth movie, but so long as Spider-man 3 provides conclussion to the series, then I'd be happy with just three movies. :daniel:

Tobey Maguire has confirmed the upcoming Spider-man 3 will be the last time he plays the superhero on the big screen. Co-star Kirsten Dunst has also said she feels the third film will be the last in the popular franchise. Maguire says, "To me it seems like this is a natural point for the team to break up because we have a lot of story conclusions that were going along for the main characters for the first two movies and we kind of tie almost everything up for the third movie. "It feels like a trilogy to me and it feels like the end." But moviemaker Sam Raimi isn't so sure that it's all over for the web-slinging movie hero. In a recent interview, the director stated he's seriously considering a fourth film. He explains, "I love Spider-Man and I love working with Kirsten, Tobey, James Franco)... I just have to make sure that when I'm done with Spider-Man 3, I'm really still fascinated with the character. At this moment I'm fascinated with him." But Raimi insists he couldn't imagine making a fourth installment if Maguire didn't sign on for it. He adds, "I couldn't imagine it."

Of course he can't imagine it. The character Raimi created is tailor made for Maguire. There are very few if any actors out there that can deliver the incredibly cheesy dialogue Raimi has him read.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
March 7th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Spider-Man made his debut onto Nintendo 64’s video game in November 2000. Gamers utilize Spider-Man’s super strength and superior wit to protect the innocent as they solve a variety of puzzles and defeat old and new super villains.

What happened to the game "Maximim Carnage" Where you play as spider man or venom in a side-scrolling action beat-em-up?

that game was boss on the Super nintendo. It had dozens of other super heros to summon as attacks to help you out.

that was way earlier than 2000

teal'c2006
March 9th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Can't wait to go see this on my birthday, may 27th......... Have loved the trailers so far have seen them 5 times.....

TheBigFlush
March 13th, 2007, 07:42 AM
What happened to the game "Maximim Carnage" Where you play as spider man or venom in a side-scrolling action beat-em-up?

that was way earlier than 2000

Yeah there were a bunch of Spider-Man games waaaaay before 2000. There was a Spider-Man game for the Atari 2600 for cryin' out loud!

The movies as well as the current line of 616 Spider-man comic books is a disgrace to all that is holy and dear to fans of the character. I spit in your face Quesada. Die, die, die!

What's your beef with 616?

TheWarrior
March 28th, 2007, 08:29 AM
New trailer

View here (http://specials.uk.msn.com/spiderman3)

Enjoy :D

the fifth man
March 28th, 2007, 06:31 PM
New trailer

Definitely a great preview. Probably the best out of all of them. I saw this one a couple of days ago on Comcast ON Demand.:D

I sooo can't wait for this movie to come out.

Easter Lily
March 30th, 2007, 02:50 AM
Definitely a great preview. Probably the best out of all of them. I saw this one a couple of days ago on Comcast ON Demand.:D

I sooo can't wait for this movie to come out.

Fifth Man... can you direct me to the website that you got it from because the link that Warrior gave has buffering issues.

It looks terrific... but I hate watching things in extreme slow-mo...:cool:

Starbase
April 1st, 2007, 04:32 AM
New trailer

Wowsa!, this movie looks off the hook.

Does anyone think this movie will make Tropher-Don't call me Christpoher-Grace a house hold name star?. Personally I like the guy a lot, he was brilliant on That 70's Show.

Starbase
April 7th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Well I am going to be in New York on a business trip when the Tribeca Film Festival takes place. I am already searching StubHub and a few other online ticket serivices to try and get a ticket to see the World Premiere of Spiderman III.

Yahoo:
Spider-Man 3" will premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival on April 30, the New York festival announced Wednesday.

The third installment of the Sam Raimi-directed franchise will debut in the New York City borough of Queens, the hometown of Peter Parker, Spider-Man's alter ego. The premiere will kick off a planned "Spider-Man Week in NYC," which will include events and promotions throughout the city.

"Tribeca is thrilled to be premiering `Spider-Man 3' and to be a part of `Spider-Man Week in NYC,'" Tribeca co-founder Jane Rosenthal said in a statement. "Bringing exciting and new events to NYC and its community is one of the major goals of the festival."

The U.S. premiere of the much anticipated Columbia Pictures release will be the last stop on an eight-city world tour to begin April 16 in Tokyo.

The film, starring Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst, opens worldwide May 4. This installment introduces two new villains to the series: Sandman (Thomas Haden Church) and Venom (Topher Grace).

The Tribeca Film Festival was founded in 2002 by Robert De Niro and Rosenthal to help revitalize Lower Manhattan after the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.

The sixth annual festival will run from April 25 through May 6.

Here is a link that you might be interested in.....

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808496334/photo/stills

Sam fisher
April 8th, 2007, 05:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OulXJ36lu5E

Holy moly, that fight scene is amazing!

Exiled Master
April 9th, 2007, 01:56 PM
The trailer that I saw most recently was good. It wasn't as angsty as the others were.

USS Defiant
April 20th, 2007, 09:08 AM
I saw this while reading through some stuff the other day. I guess they are planning a new Spiderman musical where Bono and The Edge will help write lyrics to the songs. They have rehearsals in early July. I guess now is the time to send in those video resumes that all you budding Broadway actors and musicians have.

Spider-Man Musical to Take Gotham in Upcoming Reading
By Ernio Hernandez
16 Apr 2007

A reading of the new musical Spider-Man will take place in New York City July 12 and 13, Playbill.com has learned.

A casting notice reveals the "29-hour rehearsed reading" will begin rehearsals July 2 for the two-day event.

As previously reported, Julie Taymor will direct the forthcoming musical version of the Marvel Comics hero with music provided by Bono and The Edge of the band U2. According to the notice, Glen Berger — playwright of Underneath The Lintel and The Wooden Breeks — will join Taymor on the book. (Neil Jordan — of "The Crying Game" fame — had previously been attached.) Taymor consistent collaborator Matthias "Teese" Gohl ("Across The Universe," "Frida," "Titus") will serve as musical supervisor.

The comic giant Marvel Entertainment will share producing credits with Hello Entertainment/David Garfinkle and Martin McCallum.

Taymor made history in 1998 as the first female director to earn the Tony Award for Best Direction of a Musical for the Broadway musical The Lion King — albeit mere moments after Garry Hynes became the first woman to win a Tony Award for Direction (for The Beauty Queen of Leenane). She also earned the Tony for Best Costume Design that night as well. The multi-genre director has lined her resume with Broadway credits (Juan Darien and The Green Bird), film work ("Titus" and "Frida") as well as opera productions ("Oedipus Rex" and the Metropolitan Opera run of "The Magic Flute").

Among the roles being sought to fill are the young-man-turned-hero Peter Parker/Spider-Man ("male, late teens to early 20's...[with a] great pop/rock voice") and love-interest Mary Jane ("female, late teens to early 20's...[with a] great pop/rock voice") as well as villain Norman Osborn/Green Goblin and Daily Bugle publisher J. Jonah Jameson (both call for "male, 50s.")

The character breakdowns provide some insight to plot points as the character Arachne ("female, 20-35 years old, any ethnicity") is described as "a beautiful, boastful young woman turned into a spider for her hubris and lack of respect for the gods. She subsequently appears to Peter Parker and the audience as in turn a powerful spider-woman who comes from another time to inspire Peter; an otherworldly lover; a bride; a terrifying (and sexy) dark goddess of vengeance; a dance partner in a charged and violent spiders dance of death; and, finally, a lonely, fragile young woman." Casting is seeking a "strong Celtic, Balkan style, e.g., Sinead O'Connor," noting, "outside the box ideas are welcomed. Could be someone from the music industry."

Also, a "Geek Chorus" consisting of "three teenage boys and one girl" are described to "meet to ritualistically retell the greatest Spider-Man stories."

Starbase
April 22nd, 2007, 04:43 AM
An interesting little interview with Tobey Maguire. I like how they (the original cast) left the door open to comeback and do a Spiderman 4 movie.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - He enjoys a reputation as an all-around good guy in Hollywood, but "Spider-Man" Tobey Maguire says it's more fun being bad in the latest sequel of the smash hit film series.

In "Spider-Man 3," based on the spider-like superhero of comic book fame, Maguire and movie director Sam Raimi show the dark side of the crime-fighter's alter ego, Peter Parker.

Raimi, who has long been a fan of the "Spider-Man" comics, said it was difficult to show his hero's dark side, but Maguire had an opposite reaction.

"I probably had the most fun doing those (bad Spidey) scenes," the star told reporters on Friday. "It's something I think is kind of unexpected since Peter Parker behaves in some of the ways he behaves."

"Spider-Man 3" debuts in theaters on May 4, kicking off Hollywood's lucrative summer season. The first "Spider-Man" movies combined to gross roughly $1.6 billion at global box offices, and No. 3 is expected to be a blockbuster, too.

For "Spider-Man 3," Raimi and the other filmmakers decided to show audiences that crime-fighting fame has gone to Spider-Man's head, and a proud Parker makes some rather dumb mistakes with his girlfriend, Mary Jane Watson.

Moreover, a meteorite crashes to Earth oozing a black liquid that clings to Parker, enhancing his superpower and causing him to do more harm than good in some cases.

"I want him to be a good person," said Raimi. "But when I take a grander view of it, I realize this is something he's got to go through so he can find his truest self. This is a part of himself that had never been explored, these feelings of darkness."

Never fear, Spidey fans. Even though he does some bad, the red-and-blue-suited superhero does plenty of good, too, as he tries to save humanity from new villains, Sandman and Venom.

"Spider-Man 3" received its world premiere earlier this week in Tokyo, and many questions have been asked about whether Maguire, Raimi and Kirsten Dunst, who plays Mary Jane Watson, would return for a fourth film.

In interviews on Friday, the consensus among the trio of key players was that they likely would if all three committed to the project. For now, however, nothing is in the works.

"I'm not really committed either way, and we'll see what happens," said Maguire.

kharn the betrayer
April 22nd, 2007, 04:00 PM
new character tv spot video (spoilers of coarse)

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2007/STUVWXYZ/Spider-Man-3/tvspots/tvspot8.html

ha eat that Venom will only show up 5 min before the end people

tagger
April 23rd, 2007, 08:34 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808496334/photo/stills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OulXJ36lu5E

Holy moly, that fight scene is amazing!

new character tv spot video (spoilers of coarse)

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2007/STUVWXYZ/Spider-Man-3/tvspots/tvspot8.html

ha eat that Venom will only show up 5 min before the end people

Woohoo!! Can't wait, thanks for links!

Exiled Master
May 1st, 2007, 05:43 PM
I saw this while reading through some stuff the other day. I guess they are planning a new Spiderman musical where Bono and The Edge will help write lyrics to the songs. They have rehearsals in early July. I guess now is the time to send in those video resumes that all you budding Broadway actors and musicians have.

Spider-Man Musical to Take Gotham in Upcoming Reading
By Ernio Hernandez
16 Apr 2007

A reading of the new musical Spider-Man will take place in New York City July 12 and 13, Playbill.com has learned.

A casting notice reveals the "29-hour rehearsed reading" will begin rehearsals July 2 for the two-day event.

As previously reported, Julie Taymor will direct the forthcoming musical version of the Marvel Comics hero with music provided by Bono and The Edge of the band U2. According to the notice, Glen Berger — playwright of Underneath The Lintel and The Wooden Breeks — will join Taymor on the book. (Neil Jordan — of "The Crying Game" fame — had previously been attached.) Taymor consistent collaborator Matthias "Teese" Gohl ("Across The Universe," "Frida," "Titus") will serve as musical supervisor.

The comic giant Marvel Entertainment will share producing credits with Hello Entertainment/David Garfinkle and Martin McCallum.

Taymor made history in 1998 as the first female director to earn the Tony Award for Best Direction of a Musical for the Broadway musical The Lion King — albeit mere moments after Garry Hynes became the first woman to win a Tony Award for Direction (for The Beauty Queen of Leenane). She also earned the Tony for Best Costume Design that night as well. The multi-genre director has lined her resume with Broadway credits (Juan Darien and The Green Bird), film work ("Titus" and "Frida") as well as opera productions ("Oedipus Rex" and the Metropolitan Opera run of "The Magic Flute").

Among the roles being sought to fill are the young-man-turned-hero Peter Parker/Spider-Man ("male, late teens to early 20's...[with a] great pop/rock voice") and love-interest Mary Jane ("female, late teens to early 20's...[with a] great pop/rock voice") as well as villain Norman Osborn/Green Goblin and Daily Bugle publisher J. Jonah Jameson (both call for "male, 50s.")

The character breakdowns provide some insight to plot points as the character Arachne ("female, 20-35 years old, any ethnicity") is described as "a beautiful, boastful young woman turned into a spider for her hubris and lack of respect for the gods. She subsequently appears to Peter Parker and the audience as in turn a powerful spider-woman who comes from another time to inspire Peter; an otherworldly lover; a bride; a terrifying (and sexy) dark goddess of vengeance; a dance partner in a charged and violent spiders dance of death; and, finally, a lonely, fragile young woman." Casting is seeking a "strong Celtic, Balkan style, e.g., Sinead O'Connor," noting, "outside the box ideas are welcomed. Could be someone from the music industry."

Also, a "Geek Chorus" consisting of "three teenage boys and one girl" are described to "meet to ritualistically retell the greatest Spider-Man stories."

*twitch* *shudder*
There is nothing holy left in this world. I thought this comic (http://nodwick.humor.gamespy.com/ffn/index.php?date=2007-04-25) was a joke, but now I'm in the same boat as the characters: I need antidepressants.

fugiman
May 1st, 2007, 05:45 PM
I Just got my Midnight tickets to Spiderman 3 and I am so Happy :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Starbase
May 2nd, 2007, 09:20 AM
I Just got my Midnight tickets to Spiderman 3 and I am so Happy :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sweet, I got tickets for a Friday noon showing of Spiderman III at the Sony Metreon which is playing the movie on there IMAX screen which is 75.6' x 97.9' in size. :eek: :D

If I didn't have to work so damn early I would do the Midnight showing myself.

Easter Lily
May 3rd, 2007, 01:42 AM
I've seen it! Spiderman 3... the wait is finally over. Overall, it's a fitting end to a great trilogy of films. It took a while to get going and the last 30 minutes was what I think we all were waiting for.
The main strength of the film as I see it is the way it manages to incorporate Spidey with The Sandman, Venom and the New Goblin. The backstories, the individual arcs are very well woven together. The performances from all four were very good but Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson seemed unconvincing as the love of Peter Parker's life.
If there is a weakness, it would be the dialogue. It lacked sparkle and at times felt somewhat hamfisted. It is to the credit of the actors that they overcame the rather stilted dialogue. In this franchise, I miss the witty banter of the comic book Spiderman and his adversaries, trading insults... making signature smartass remarks.

Ah well, we can't have everything... ;) On the plus side, the film has a strong emotional quality resonating throughout that rings true. :)

Edit: I should add that the special effects are fantastic in this final installment. Much better than the first two. The Sandman and Venom in particular are fabulous.

USS Defiant
May 3rd, 2007, 07:39 PM
If there is a weakness, it would be the dialogue. It lacked sparkle and at times felt somewhat hamfisted. It is to the credit of the actors that they overcame the rather stilted dialogue. In this franchise, I miss the witty banter of the comic book Spiderman and his adversaries, trading insults... making signature smartass remarks.
I couldn't agree more Easter Lily, I thought the "stilted" dialogue was going to make me walk out the theater. Note: there are plenty of opportunites to get out of your seat and go to the bathroon or get some snacks. - Especially when Aunt May starts talking. :rolleyes:

Ah well, we can't have everything... ;) On the plus side, the film has a strong emotional quality resonating throughout that rings true. :)

Edit: I should add that the special effects are fantastic in this final installment. Much better than the first two. The Sandman and Venom in particular are fabulous.
For me the special effects did save this movie. IMHO Spiderman III wasn't nearly as good as Spiderman II. They definetly took a step backwards and if they do make Spiderman IV they are going to have to go back to the Spiderman II formula.

kharn the betrayer
May 3rd, 2007, 07:43 PM
I Personally found SM2 rather overrated its a good movie but I dont think its as great as people hype it up to be

anyways I have a question about SM3

does Venom use his classic ''We are Venom'' line from the comics/Cartoon

or atleast say We instead of I and whatnot

oh and if they do a SM4 I want the Lizard and Kraven to be in it

they already have doc Connors in the movie so they wouldent need to introduce him and they could base kraven's story of off ''Kravens last hunt''

Easter Lily
May 3rd, 2007, 10:13 PM
I Personally found SM2 rather overrated its a good movie but I dont think its as great as people hype it up to be

anyways I have a question about SM3

does Venom use his classic ''We are Venom'' line from the comics/Cartoon

or atleast say We instead of I and whatnot

Not that I heard... But everything went pretty quickly towards to the end...

I liked Spiderman 2... I thought it was well-written and tightly made, probably the best in the franchise. But I find each one different and doing different things.

Elite Anubis Guard
May 4th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Saw it last night - God, I love working at a cinema. There's so many perks - and I walked out and I was 50/50. So...spoilers head:

I walked out thinking "Oh my God! That was so cool seeing that fight!". I absolutely loved seeing the Hob Goblin and Spiderman team up against Venom and Sandman. But from a media student POV it was "They tried to do too much." Seriously, they set their sights high and couldn't quite make it. They tried to pack so much into it. And then from fanboy POV...it was..."what was the point in that?". Seriously, the way that Venom was brought into the film was like..."meh".

If it had been connected to Peter or Jamerson like in the original comics or the Ultimate, it would have worked so much better. Gwen Stacy was pretty much pointless and Evil Peter just proved that emos are definately evil.

scifi_girl
May 4th, 2007, 04:41 AM
i cant wait to see the new one, i think it looks really good.

Starbase
May 4th, 2007, 05:18 AM
I am going to the noon matinee this afternoon and I am pretty physced. I know the critics are lambasting it and even the fans are about 50/50 on whether they think it's any good. It's time to find out for myself. :D

I found this while browsing yahoo this morning. It contains extcerpts from a 60 Minutes interview with Stan Lee where he talks about the creation of Spiderman and the legacy in which it entails. Plus there some other cool Spiderman stuff. Check it out.

http://60minutes.yahoo.com/segment/64/stan_lee

kharn the betrayer
May 4th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Saw it last night - God, I love working at a cinema. There's so many perks - and I walked out and I was 50/50. So...spoilers head:

I walked out thinking "Oh my God! That was so cool seeing that fight!". I absolutely loved seeing the Hob Goblin and Spiderman team up against Venom and Sandman. But from a media student POV it was "They tried to do too much." Seriously, they set their sights high and couldn't quite make it. They tried to pack so much into it. And then from fanboy POV...it was..."what was the point in that?". Seriously, the way that Venom was brought into the film was like..."meh".

If it had been connected to Peter or Jamerson like in the original comics or the Ultimate, it would have worked so much better. Gwen Stacy was pretty much pointless and Evil Peter just proved that emos are definately evil.

Harry isnt the Hobgoblin he is the 2nd Green Goblin

as for Gwen im surprised they even bothered introducing her in the 3rd movie considering she should have been in the first movie and died in the first movie

Exiled Master
May 4th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Rant topics:
Peter Parker as an Emo
That last scene (after the funeral) WTF
Gwen Stacy isn't dead- fatal continuity error

Fanboy OMG's:
Venom talking = amazing
symbiote + killer whale = holy f***ing s***! Coolest animal EVAR!
Most inspired fight I have ever seen!

kharn the betrayer
May 5th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Gwen Stacy isn't dead- fatal continuity error

how is it a ''fatal continuity error'' exactly? the movies arnt the comics and dont follow the comics continuity

though I think its stupid they waited to introduce her in the 3rd movie and not the 1st but its not a word for word comic adaption here (hence the fact Mary Jane being peters first love in the movies and not Gwen)

Venom talking = amazing

as for Venom... while I didnt want him to be exactly like the comic book version ( I HATE the whole '' IM GOING TO EAT YOUR BRAINS!!!!!'' thing he does in the comics) but he had to little screen time(and development) and felt more like a toned down Black Carnage than Venom to me...

and the way he was defeated...blah -_-

but onto the Good...

-I liked Harry alot in this movie
shame he died though... and he died like his father did... getting himself impaled by his own glider

-the Bruce Campbell cameo ruled

-sandmans birth was amazingly well done

-Emo peter was funny as hell

-Venoms Birth was pretty nostalgic despite the fact I dont think he was handled that well and I enjoyed Topher as Eddie Jr

Exiled Master
May 5th, 2007, 01:35 PM
how is it a ''fatal continuity error'' exactly? the movies arnt the comics and dont follow the comics continuity

though I think its stupid they waited to introduce her in the 3rd movie and not the 1st but its not a word for word comic adaption here (hence the fact Mary Jane being peters first love in the movies and not Gwen)

as for Venom... while I didnt want him to be exactly like the comic book version ( I HATE the whole '' IM GOING TO EAT YOUR BRAINS!!!!!'' thing he does in the comics) but he had to little screen time(and development) and felt more like a toned down Black Carnage than Venom to me...

and the way he was defeated...blah -_-

but onto the Good...

shame he died though... and he died like his father did... getting himself impaled by his own glider

-the Bruce Campbell cameo ruled

-sandmans birth was amazingly well done

-Emo peter was funny as hell

-Venoms Birth was pretty nostalgic despite the fact I dont think he was handled that well and I enjoyed Topher as Eddie Jr

The animation of venom talking was amazing.
I liked Stan Lee's cameo because he was on screen long enough to say OMFG.

kharn the betrayer
May 5th, 2007, 01:41 PM
shame Venom took his mask off way to much... but overall I did like his design (expecially when compaired to his current comic design... blah I like venom but his muscle mass is just getting out of control)

the CGI in this movie was great though (expecially when it comes to Sandman who's cgi was downright amazing)

hell sandman surprised me as I found his actor to be one of the better ones in this movie

Exiled Master
May 5th, 2007, 02:09 PM
James Franco was spectacular. But Tobey Maguire crying at the end was kind of funny looking. It sapped the mood of Harry's death.

kharn the betrayer
May 5th, 2007, 02:36 PM
you might want to put that in spoiler tags as not every one has seen the movie >_>

jds1982
May 5th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Here's a question. Did Harry use different sized grenades? The explosion that killed Venom seemed much larger than the one that scarred Harry. Considering the fact that the Venom killing grenade also vaporized Eddie Brock if he didn't use variable yield or different sized grenades than Harry should have died when Peter threw the grenade at him, especially considering the fact that he was sitting in a bunch of them.

kharn the betrayer
May 5th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Here's a question. Did Harry use different sized grenades? The explosion that killed Venom seemed much larger than the one that scarred Harry. Considering the fact that the Venom killing grenade also vaporized Eddie Brock if he didn't use variable yield or different sized grenades than Harry should have died when Peter threw the grenade at him, especially considering the fact that he was sitting in a bunch of them.

1)Venom is weak to 2 things Fire and Sound... when the pumpkin bomb goes off it makes lots of both

2)Harry is super human thanks to the GG formula and has advanced regeneration and toughness
plus Eddie pretty much just jumped back on the symbiote when the bomb went off

3)Norman used a special pumpkin bomb in the original spider-man to incinerate a bunch of board members so it could be a more powerful version of that thing

4)Venoms death was realy realy lame but I wouldent be surprised if they brought him back because of fan demand... (he was only in the damn movie in the first place as Rami was basicly forced to put him in)

the fifth man
May 5th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I'll probably end up seeing this one tomorrow. I can't wait.

TheBigFlush
May 6th, 2007, 11:55 AM
I was pretty disappointed. There were some really great moments, but they didn't hold together. Venom had no business being in this movie. He's a great character, but if he's not the focus of the story, then you can't do him justice.

the fifth man
May 6th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Overall, I really enjoyed the film. There were a few things I would have liked to have seen handled differently, but oh well. I think this was a fine addition to the other two Spiderman movies.

Starbase
May 7th, 2007, 04:56 AM
Holy Cow, Spiderman III is tearing it up (read below). Personally I thought the movie was decent but rather boring, a lot like the original Spiderman movie. They could have easily cut about 30 minutes of diologue out, especially when Auntie May talks. :rolleyes:

I guess they are already working on the next Spiderman script. The question whether Toby comes back to play Spidey again.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Spider-Man has lost none of his bite, setting box office records around the world in his third crimefighting salvo.

All told, "Spider-Man 3" has sold an estimated $375 million worth of tickets worldwide, since opening internationally on May 1, distributor Columbia Pictures said on Sunday.

That is the highest opening since "Stars Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" opened to $254 million in 2005, the Sony Corp (NYSE: SNE - news).-owned studio said.

In North America, the film earned $148 million since launching on Friday, smashing the opening-weekend of $135.6 million set last July by Walt Disney Co.'s "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest."

The film also set a single-day record with Friday sales of $59.3 million, beating the $55.8 million record also held by the "Pirates" sequel.

The international portion -- $227 million from 107 markets -- beats the $155 million opening record set last year by Sony's
Vatican thriller "The Da Vinci Code," the studio said.

"I don't think that my brain went to this place. It's pretty wonderful," said Amy Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment.

WORLDWIDE EVENT

The studio said "Spider-Man 3" cost $258 million to produce, with sources estimating that prints and advertising adding about $125 million to the bill. The box office pot is split roughly between the studio and movie theater owners, according to a complex formula.

In a bid to create simultaneous worldwide buzz, Columbia started rolling out the film across Asia and Europe on Tuesday, and added markets as the week progressed. Britain and North America were among the last to get the movie.

Noting constant criticisms about Hollywood's ever-increasing budgets, Sony Pictures vice chairman Jeff Blake said the answer was to "find a way to raise the bar on box office (sales), and I think what we've done here on the worldwide opening -- getting figures that people have never seen before -- is the only way you can do it."

The film set opening-weekend records in more than two dozen countries, including Japan,
South Korea, China, Russia, Italy, Mexico and Brazil, Columbia said.

Weekend sales in Japan -- where the film had its world premiere last month -- totaled $26.5 million, followed by Britain with $23 million and France with $22 million.

As with its predecessors, "Spider-Man 3" stars
Tobey Maguire as both the titular crimefighter and as earnest newshound Peter Parker, and
Kirsten Dunst as his disenchanted girlfriend, Mary Jane.
Sam Raimi directs.

Spider-Man gets to explore his dark side, thanks to some extraterrestrial black goo that infects his personality, and to combat three villains, played by series veteran, James Franco and newcomers,Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace. His nerdy alter ego must also fight to keep Mary Jane.

The multi-strand plot frustrated some critics, but Pascal said it was key to keeping the franchise fresh.

"Spider-Man always appeals to boys, but I think this particular story also appealed to women and it appealed to families, in a way that the last one didn't," she said.

Columbia said exit polling in North America indicated that the audience was 54 percent male, while 63 percent of moviegoers were under 25 years old.

The first "Spider-Man," in 2002, started off with a then-record $114.8 million, and finished with $403.7 million. Two years later, "Spider-Man 2" totaled $373 million; it opened on a Wednesday, making weekend comparisons difficult. Pascal said she hoped to hit $400 million with the new film.

A script for "Spider-Man 4" is being written, but no talent deals have been signed. "We're making ... as many (films) as I can do," Pascal said.

Exiled Master
May 7th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Tycho (http://www.penny-arcade.com/2007/05/07) wrote a bit on the problem with rushing games to coincide with movie releases.

Easter Lily
May 7th, 2007, 02:56 PM

It was a good death though... Unlike his father, he chose to set aside his own selfish desires to help his friends. In that way, he was a better man than his father was.

Yeah, James Franco was terrific in this installment.

kharn the betrayer
May 7th, 2007, 04:24 PM
It was a good death though... Unlike his father, he chose to set aside his own selfish desires to help his friends. In that way, he was a better man than his father was.

Yeah, James Franco was terrific in this installment.

Harry was a better man than his father was even in the comics

also even in the comics Harry was always tragic
harry in the 616 universe(the main comic line) as he died said he always considered Peter his best freind even after he found out he was spider-man and tried to kill him

and then there is the Ultimate story line which is even more so as his Father not only is an evil ******* and abused his wife and son(and ended up killing his wife and nearly killing Harry) but he also brain washed Harry and messed with his genetics to turn him into a mutated monster which wanted Peter to kill him and Norman even tried to black mail Peter into helping him by threatning his freinds/family

any ways for the Next movie(if they make one) It would be nice if they introduced the Black Cat

the Fifth Race
May 11th, 2007, 06:02 AM
I finally got around to viewing Spiderman III yesterday. I went into it kind of skewed by the bad reviews and mediocre hype. Some of the dialogue was rather lengthy and there were plenty of opportunities to take a bathroom break. But over-all I enjoyed the experience. The special effects were amazing and Tropher Grace was excellent.

I would rank the three Spiderman movies as such .....
1) Spiderman II
2) Spiderman III
3) Spiderman

How would you guy's and gal's rank them?.

Starbase
May 11th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I would rank the three Spiderman movies as such .....
1) Spiderman II
2) Spiderman III
3) Spiderman

How would you guy's and gal's rank them?.
I would rank them exactly the same way Fifth Race. Spiderman II was such a joy to watch. The diologue and action sequences were so well put together, it just had a perfect flow to it. Where as the Original Spiderman Movie and Spiderman III seem dis-jointed and both go over-board on the boring talk scenes that seem to go on forever. Both of those movies could have cut out 30+ minutes of diologue, which IMHO would have made them much better.

What I want to know is - Do you think they should bring back the same tired bunch of actors to play the same parts, or should they replace Tobey and Kirsten?. Personally I would have no problem if they made a change.

kharn the betrayer
May 11th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Kirsten needs to go IMO

I always hated her as Mary Jane every since I saw the original

Starbase
May 14th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Kirsten needs to go IMO

I always hated her as Mary Jane every since I saw the original

As much as I loved her in the original Spiderman - I have to agree, it might be time to replace Kirsten, she seemed bored in Spiderman II and especially Spiderman III.

Exiled Master
May 17th, 2007, 05:18 PM
As much as I loved her in the original Spiderman - I have to agree, it might be time to replace Kirsten, she seemed bored in Spiderman II and especially Spiderman III.

But who to replace her? I mean, between her decreased interest in the part and stuff like this (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/07/16), she has to go.

Weyoun
April 17th, 2008, 06:19 PM
This new game looks interesting. I like how they based this particular game on the comic book version of Spiderman. :)

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/events/spider--man-web-of-shadows/top-five-reasons-to-swing-back-to-nyc/1204746

April 18th, 2008, 12:11 AM
why does noone in this thread spell spider-man correctly? :eek:

what villians do people want, or think would work well in a spider-man 4 anyway?

Bey0nd
April 18th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I loved the 1994 Cartoon

Madwelshboy
March 13th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Marvel pushes back 'Thor', 'Avengers'
Friday, March 13 2009, 06:10 GMT

By Simon Reynolds, Movies Editor

Marvel has delayed its superhero blockbusters Thor and The Avengers by a year, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Thor's new release date is June 17, 2011, moved from July 16, 2010, while The Avengers is now on course for a May 4, 2012 arrival having been originally planned for July 15, 2011.

Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel said that the change of dates are in order to space out the release of their solo superhero movies before uniting the characters for ensemble film The Avengers.

"[It] maximizes the visibility of our single-character-focused films, leading to the highly anticipated release of the multi-character The Avengers film in 2012," he explained.

Initial plans would have seen two Marvel movies out in 2010 (Iron Man 2 and Thor) and three the following year (The First Avenger: Captain America, Spider-Man 4 and The Avengers).

Captain America has also been shifted back two months to July 22, 2011, with Spider-Man 4 slotting into its old May 6 release date.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a149440/marvel-pushes-back-thor-avengers.html

Ksya
March 13th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Hey guys, I love Spiderman, he's my favorite superhero :D

I think that I would rank them
1)Spiderman II
2)Spiderman III
3)Spiderman

Everyone says that Spiderman III is horrible, but I like it.

Replicator Todd
March 14th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Spider-Man 3 was a very rushed movie, but I still really enjoyed it the most out of the three, then again I usually enjoy any Marvel comic-based movie. Except for Elektra....yikes.

the fifth man
March 15th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I would also rank the Spiderman movies

1) Spider-man II
2) Spider-man III
3) Spider-man

I can't wait for what is in store with Spider-man IV.

jelgate
March 15th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Spider-man II
Spider-man III
Spider-man

I think they took to long explaining his origin story in the first Spider-man movie. Spider-man III tried to do too much. It had a lot of action and I think they fell with some of the characterization. Spider-man II had a perfect mix of both

Descent
March 15th, 2009, 07:01 PM
1. Spider-Man II
2. Spider-Man
3. Spider-Man III

While I don't exactly hate 3, it was definitely the weakest to me. I think they tried to do way too much and ended up with a real mess of a movie.

Still... I am excited for Spider-Man 4 and 5. I hope they finally include The Lizard and maybe even Carnage or Morbius..?? That would be neat.

Madwelshboy
March 17th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Dunst still not signed for 'Spider-Man 4'
Monday, March 16 2009, 11:19 GMT

By Simon Reynolds, Movies Editor

Spider-Man director Sam Raimi has admitted that Kirsten Dunst has not yet signed up to return for the latest superhero sequel.

Speaking to IGN, the filmmaker insisted that "it wouldn't be the Spider-Man series" without Dunst reprising her role as Peter Parker's love interest Mary Jane Watson.

"I'm hoping that Kirsten will be in it, but we're still talking about that," he said. "Definitely, she's got to be in it. It wouldn't be the Spider-Man series without her."

Raimi also dismissed the idea that Spider-Man 4 and 5 will be shot concurrently, saying that he is only concentrating on one movie.

"The writers, producers and I are working out what the story will be, but we haven't been talking in terms of part 4 and 5," he informed MTV. "Right now we're just working on the story for Spider-Man 4, just that one film."

When quizzed about villains for the sequel, Raimi added: "We're definitely talking about working from all the material in the comic books and nothing [invented] outside of that. All the characters or villains will be from Stan Lee’s creations or those that came after him."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a149687/dunst-still-not-signed-for-spider-man-4.html

the fifth man
March 17th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Hopefully they can sign her for this film. Not because I like her all that much, but for continuity.

Descent
March 18th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Hopefully they can sign her for this film. Not because I like her all that much, but for continuity.

:jack_new_anime06:

Yeah. Still... I wouldn't mind if they got someone else for the part.

the fifth man
March 18th, 2009, 09:45 AM
:jack_new_anime06:

Yeah. Still... I wouldn't mind if they got someone else for the part.

If they could find a good enough replacement for her, I guess. I just hate when movies have to re-cast parts, especially considering we've had Kirsten for 3 movies already.

March 19th, 2009, 02:37 AM
i would rather have them recast everybody, since they're all getting a bit old, than recast one person, i hope dunst signs, she always said she'd be on board as long as maguire and raimi both were.

the fifth man
March 19th, 2009, 07:10 PM
i would rather have them recast everybody, since they're all getting a bit old, than recast one person, i hope dunst signs, she always said she'd be on board as long as maguire and raimi both were.

However, we all know saying and doing are two different things.

March 20th, 2009, 01:30 AM
However, we all know saying and doing are two different things.

i know, that's why i said "i hope she signs" not "if she doesn't sign she will be going against her word"

the fifth man
March 22nd, 2009, 06:50 PM
Hopefully we'll know more soon.

Madwelshboy
March 26th, 2009, 02:29 AM
SPIDER-MAN 4 Plot and Villains Leaked?

OK, so fans are wondering and speculating over who the villains might be in the 'Spider-Man 4' movie, due out in 2011 from Sony.

An anonymous Maniac sent in a link from a movie database hosted by Hoyts Cinemas in Australia. The database lists 'Spider-Man 4' as "coming soon" and even provides a plot synopsis for the movie:

Peter Parker now faces a more greater threat. After a man is accidentally killed in an electrical power outage; a mass murderer has bonded with a symbiote. Thus wreaking havoc as Peter faces this red rampage, as well as an electrifying madman.

Well, that certainly sounds like Carnage and Electro.

However, we have to say this info sounds extremely dubious for several reasons. First of all, why this plot summary would surface first on an Australian Cinema chain site is beyond us. Add to that the fact that the author of the summary is extremely grammar-challenged, with run-on sentences and awkward redundancies like "a more greater threat".

We're guessing someone at Hoyts picked up on fan chatter found on message boards over the past two years. Either that or someone has found a way to update Hoyts' database through surreptitious means. And, of course, Sam Raimi said just last week that he was still working on the basic storyline and contemplating which villain (or villains) he might use.

So, file this rumor under "highly doubtful".

http://www.mania.com/spiderman-4-villains-leaked_article_113950.html

Madwelshboy
March 27th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Sam Raimi Empire Interview

Sam Raimi has creative control over Spider-Man 4 -- Unlike Spiderman 3...
In an interview with Empire for this May’s issue, Raimi openly talked about some of the problems with Spider-Man 3 and confirmed some rumors we all heard about two summers ago when the movie was released.

“They really gave me a tremendous amount of control on the first two films, actually. But then there were different opinions on the third film and I didn’t really have creative control, so to speak.”

It was rumored that Raimi wasn’t allowed to do his own story and that producers forced him to add Venom last minute as one of the villains in the story. When asked about that, Raimi responded:

“I don’t even want to comment on Venom, because I know he’s a great character and all the fans love him. I never want to say anything bad about a much-beloved character because usually it turns out that I’m the one that doesn’t understand what makes it great.”

More questions were thrown at the director about the issues surrounding Spider-Man 3 and the at-the-time Marvel head honcho Avi Arad’s rumored insistence on Venom’s inclusion, but Raimi responded professionally and didn’t name names or play the blame game in his answers.

“The best way for me to move forward on films, I realize…and this was a lesson I had to learn for myself…is that I’ve gotta be the singular voice that makes the creative choices on the film.”

"I love Spider-Man so much that I'd like to continue telling Spider-Man stories but only under those circumstances where I think I can honour him. I don't think I can honour him any other way."

Hopefully the next movie will return to the style and grade of the first two films. I’m glad that Raimi has confirmed that Tobey Maguire will be back as Peter Parker. Raimi also wants Kirsten Dunst back as Mary Jane but no deal has been made as of yet.

Earlier this month Raimi did give an update on Spider-Man 4, but he declined to add any more information: "I haven't yet talked to my producers about what they want to reveal. It's such a long way off that I'd rather not talk about it in case I say things that they didn't want me to reveal."

As for the villains of the next Spidey flick, Raimi has expresed interest in Morbius as a possible choice. He also has talked of bringing back a dead character. They have also spent a lot of effort in developing The Lizard.

I definitely prefer the choices of Lizard and Morbius, or Kraven, rather than the recently rumored Electro and Carnage movie. They can’t do Carnage because they disintegrated Venom, and totally screwed him up.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/OnlyZodKnowsWhy/news/?a=6773

Stefan8
March 27th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I love Spider-Man and I'm looking forward to the fourth movie, but...

... does anyone on here read the (Ultimate) comics?

Replicator Todd
March 28th, 2009, 11:16 AM

I've read a few and a graphic novel, pretty good, much cooler version of Spidey. But I like Stan Lee's version much better.

Descent
March 28th, 2009, 04:39 PM
As for the villains of the next Spidey flick, Raimi has expresed interest in Morbius as a possible choice. He also has talked of bringing back a dead character. They have also spent a lot of effort in developing The Lizard.

!

Bring back Doc Ock! Alfred Molina was fantastic in the role and I would love to see that character come back.

jelgate
March 28th, 2009, 04:49 PM
!

Bring back Doc Ock! Alfred Molina was fantastic in the role and I would love to see that character come back.
It would be interesting to see how that happens. How do you bring back a character who plunged himself into the Hudson.

pbellosom
March 28th, 2009, 05:07 PM

Love most of the Ultimate line. I tend to read the trade paperbacks instead of the comics though so I'm only as far as 122 Spiderman wise.

AtlantisRules!!!
March 28th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I wanna see that bad guy with the crystal ball head in one of the movies... .cant think of his name... :S

jelgate
March 28th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I wanna see that bad guy with the crystal ball head in one of the movies... .cant think of his name... :S

The name you are thinking is Mystero. The guy who could produce illusions

the fifth man
March 28th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Kraven or the Lizard would be great choices IMO.

Stefan8
March 29th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Love most of the Ultimate line. I tend to read the trade paperbacks instead of the comics though so I'm only as far as 122 Spiderman wise.
Same here; I recently started reading the Ultimate series and it's much better than I expected. I enjoy it lots more than the Brand New Day storyline in Amazing Spider-Man.

Kraven or the Lizard would be great choices IMO.
Agreed, and Curt Connors was in the last two movies so it would be logical to have him as the next villain.

We've had three villains in Spider-Man 3, so why not six in Spider-Man 4? It would be great to see Spider-Man against the Sinister Six. Or they could just wait for Spider-Man 6 and first introduce more villains. And Doc Ock is already dead and he was the founder of the original Sinster Six in the comics.

If we are looking at more recent villains, JMS' Morlun would be great to see in a movie.

the fifth man
March 29th, 2009, 06:07 PM
They have certainly seemed like they were setting up Dr. Connors as a player sometime down the road.

Madwelshboy
March 31st, 2009, 07:51 AM
Sam Raimi says Spider-Man 4 script due by summer

Sam Raimi, who will direct Spider-Man 4, told SCI FI Wire that the film's script, by David Lindsay-Abaire (Inkheart), should be ready by summer. "Right now, David Lindsay-Abaire is working on a draft of the new picture," Raimi said in an exclusive telephone interview on Monday. "And he's hard at work, and hopefully we'll see something in about three months."

Raimi said that the film has to make its previously announced May 6, 2011, release date. "We have to make the release date, and on all of these pictures, the Spider-Man films—and I'm sure it's the same as with many of the other bigger-budgeted films—they have release dates far in advance of a screenplay," he said. "So it's about getting it ready the best you can in time for the first day of production. That's what we've always done, and that's what we'll try to do again."

Tobey Maguire has reportedly signed on to reprise the title role. Raimi added that it's a bit early to discuss other casting, though he does plan to reassemble the core cast, which includes Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane. "At this point I do, but it's really ... all going to be dependent upon the script, and I'll just have to wait and see," Raimi said. "I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but hopefully we can service the story in the screenplay, and whatever it demands, hopefully we'll be its eager servants."

Raimi also declined to discuss possible villains for the fourth installment in the Marvel Comics franchise, though early speculation has centered on everyone from Dylan Baker's Curt Connors/Lizard to Carnage and Electro and other bad guys drawn from Stan Lee's original comics.

"I'm not at liberty to discuss the villains yet," Raimi said. "I think I have to wait till the finished screenplay, and then it'd really be up to Sony Pictures and the producers to determine when they want to release that information. To them, it's usually a big, a big, big thing, a big moment where they want to present the villain with the proper respect or fear that he or she deserves."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/sam-raimi-says-spider-man.php

Madwelshboy
April 3rd, 2009, 11:19 PM
Sam Raimi Sheds Big News About Spider-Man 4

Campbell, a self-parodying B-movie sensation, is an ever-present staple in Sam Raimi’s repertoire, whether as the heroic lead in “Army of Darkness” or as a clever cameo in the “Spider-Man” movie franchise. If Raimi has his way — and it’s a good bet that he will — there’s a strong chance that Campbell will return to match wits with Peter Parker for a fourth time.

“I would love to have Bruce in ‘Spider-Man 4,’” Raimi told MTV News. “I haven’t talked to him about it yet, but he’s such a source of humor for me. I love working with the guy. He’s a great and really dedicated actor, as much as we kid each other all the time. I haven’t spoken to him yet, but I hope that he would [be in the film].”

Campbell has appeared in all three of the Spider-Man movies to date.
In Spiderman, he portrayed the wrestling announcer that gave Peter Parker name Spiderman.

He provided a more villainous role in Spider-Man 2 when he prevented Parker from seeing Mary Jane Watson’s play, thereby being as he has put it the only villain in the Siderman movies to successfuly foil Spiderman.

Campbell was the manager of the reraurant Spider-Man 3 by assisting Peter’s ill fated marriage proposal to MJ.

Having already played both antagonist and matchmaker to Tobey Maguire’s Spider-Man, where can Campbell go in a fourth film?

“I don’t know what [his role] would be yet,” Raimi admitted. Until then, we can only hope that the actor will play an important role in “Spider-Man 4.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/OnlyZodKnowsWhy/news/?a=6870

Ksya
April 4th, 2009, 06:52 AM
I really think they should stop making Spiderman movies, they actually needed to stop at three. They just seem to get worse. Not like I don't like Spiderman, I just can't stand to see him in another pathetic movie.

AtlantisRules!!!
April 5th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I really think they should stop making Spiderman movies, they actually needed to stop at three. They just seem to get worse. Not like I don't like Spiderman, I just can't stand to see him in another pathetic movie.

The third one was good. I didn't like the second one though. :S Hopefully this one will be better :D

the fifth man
April 5th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I enjoyed all three so far, for different reasons. The only problem with the third film may have been that they tried to fit in too much at one time. I am very excited about what awaits us in the fourth Spiderman.

April 6th, 2009, 04:21 AM
The third one was good. I didn't like the second one though. :S Hopefully this one will be better :D

really? i thought the 3rd was the worst! and the second the best!

anyway, i'm looking forward to campbell in 4, therewere rumours he was going to play the alter ego of mysterio, quentin back, in #3 and when he wasn't i was quite upset :(, so seeing him as mysterio would be my dream.

Stefan8
April 6th, 2009, 12:47 PM
I didn't really like the actors they chose for Sandman and Venom, but it was still a good movie.

A_PophisandhisFran
April 6th, 2009, 01:31 PM
I don't get the hate for 3 really, although it is my least favorite of the bunch (1 is my favorite with 2 in-between).

I've always liked Spiderman. I even bought like 100 of the old Amazing Spiderman comics. As a nerd I could always relate to Peter Parker. :p

Madwelshboy
April 9th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Writers confirm a Spider-Man Venom spinoff is in the works

Sony is officially moving forward with its Spider-Man spinoff movie focusing on Venom and has hired Zombieland writing team Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese to pen the script, the writers told a group of reporters.

"We had a really great relationship with Sony on [Zombieland], and so that was a nice in for us there," Reese said in a group interview. "It gave us a leg up."

The duo is already working on the script, but they are sworn to secrecy on the details. "We're under strict orders on Venom," Wernick said. "We can't talk about it. It's just super secret."

Unlike Spider-Man director Sam Raimi, who has admitted that he wasn't a Venom fan before directing Spider-Man 3, Wernick and Reese said they are big fans of the comic character and have recently been doing their research to ensure that they do justice to him. "We read [Venom] growing up, but we were not experts," Reese said. "We certainly know the mythology of Venom, but went back and learned more when it became clear that we could actually get this job."

Ultimately, the writing team has fan interest at heart, they said. Even as they are just getting started on the script, they admit fan scrutiny is on their minds. "Absolutely, I'm terrified," Reese said with a nervous laugh. "It's source material that everybody knows and everybody's familiar with and everybody loves. There's a burden on you to meet the expectations of people. A lot of people are curious about Venom."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/writers-confirm-a-spider-.php

April 9th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Writers confirm a Spider-Man Venom spinoff is in the works

Sony is officially moving forward with its Spider-Man spinoff movie focusing on Venom and has hired Zombieland writing team Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese to pen the script, the writers told a group of reporters.

"We had a really great relationship with Sony on [Zombieland], and so that was a nice in for us there," Reese said in a group interview. "It gave us a leg up."

The duo is already working on the script, but they are sworn to secrecy on the details. "We're under strict orders on Venom," Wernick said. "We can't talk about it. It's just super secret."

Unlike Spider-Man director Sam Raimi, who has admitted that he wasn't a Venom fan before directing Spider-Man 3, Wernick and Reese said they are big fans of the comic character and have recently been doing their research to ensure that they do justice to him. "We read [Venom] growing up, but we were not experts," Reese said. "We certainly know the mythology of Venom, but went back and learned more when it became clear that we could actually get this job."

Ultimately, the writing team has fan interest at heart, they said. Even as they are just getting started on the script, they admit fan scrutiny is on their minds. "Absolutely, I'm terrified," Reese said with a nervous laugh. "It's source material that everybody knows and everybody's familiar with and everybody loves. There's a burden on you to meet the expectations of people. A lot of people are curious about Venom."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/writers-confirm-a-spider-.php

dude... this. is. awesome! venom was so badly done in SM3, mostly because he was pushed in by execs even though raimi is vocal in his dislike of the character. this could be so cool, bring on the carnage! ;)

Madwelshboy
April 10th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Raimi denies 'Spider-Man 5' plans

Sam Raimi has denied that Spider-Man 5 will go into production anytime soon.

Sony Pictures had previously announced that the next two instalments of the series would be filmed back-to-back, Ain’t It Cool News reports.

However, the director insisted that there is no truth to the statement.

"No-one's talked to me about making part five at this moment," he said. "Right now I'm hoping to make part four."

Raimi said that Spider-Man 4 is still in the planning stages and the production team are "talking about the story right now".

He added: "Whenever the picture comes out we want to make sure we were shooting above the bar as it currently stands as far as visual effects go and we may or may not make that, but that will be my team's goal when we start."

The movie is due to hit cinemas on May 6, 2011.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a152434/raimi-denies-spider-man-5-plans.html

Replicator Todd
April 11th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure if this mentioned, but i heard Jim Carrey is playing as Carnage.(no valid link though, just rumors.)

the fifth man
April 11th, 2009, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure if this mentioned, but i heard Jim Carrey is playing as Carnage.(no valid link though, just rumors.)

I absolutely love Jim Carrey, but him playing Carnage? I don't know about that one.

jelgate
April 11th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I doubt you will see Carnage in a Spider-man movie anytime soon. Rami has made it well known he doesn't like the Venom/Carnage storyline.

the fifth man
April 11th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I doubt you will see Carnage in a Spider-man movie anytime soon. Rami has made it well known he doesn't like the Venom/Carnage storyline.

I wonder why he doesn't like those story-lines?

jelgate
April 11th, 2009, 07:18 PM
personal taste I imagine. Aren't their story arcs in Stargate you don't care for?

the fifth man
April 11th, 2009, 07:19 PM
personal taste I imagine. Aren't their story arcs in Stargate you don't care for?

Yeah, I see your point.

Madwelshboy
April 21st, 2009, 06:58 AM
Sam Raimi to meet with Kirsten Dunst about Spider-Man 4

Spider-Man director Sam Raimi told reporters that he will meet with Kirsten Dunst soon to talk about her reprising the role of Mary Jane Watson in the upcoming fourth installment of the superhero franchise.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/sam-raimi-to-meet-with-ki.php

Madwelshboy
April 21st, 2009, 12:17 PM
Raimi Lets Go Some More Spidey 4 News

Who is Peter Parker? Is the director interested in the return of Kirsten Dunst? What will the tone of Spider-Man 4 be? All these questions are at least touched on by the Webslinger's director.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=7086

the fifth man
April 21st, 2009, 06:40 PM
Raimi Lets Go Some More Spidey 4 News

Who is Peter Parker? Is the director interested in the return of Kirsten Dunst? What will the tone of Spider-Man 4 be? All these questions are at least touched on by the Webslinger's director.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=7086

Thanks for that.:) I really look forward to hearing more about this new Spiderman.

Madwelshboy
April 23rd, 2009, 10:27 AM
Spider-Man 4 Swinging Through Theatres In 3-D!?!?

The head honco's over at Sony, Amy Pascal and Michael Mynton, drop some heavy hitting 3-D format news.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=7111

Madwelshboy
May 7th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Will We Be Seeing Venom In Spider Man 4 After All?

Todd Mcfarlane seems to think so. In an interview with MTV the co creator of Venom talks about what makes the character so appealing and the possibility of him coming to the screen again..

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=7357

Madwelshboy
May 14th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Spider-Man 4 Filming In Ireland

The first confirmed shooting location for the upcoming Spidey film is on the Emerald Isle!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/OnlyZodKnowsWhy/news/?a=7513

the fifth man
May 14th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Spider-Man 4 Filming In Ireland

The first confirmed shooting location for the upcoming Spidey film is on the Emerald Isle!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/OnlyZodKnowsWhy/news/?a=7513

Ireland? That is interesting.

Madwelshboy
May 18th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Why Spider-Man 4 helmer Sam Raimi heard your complaints about 3

Sam Raimi, who is developing Spider-Man 4, told reporters Monday that he is about four weeks away from reading a screenplay draft from writer David Lindsey-Abaire and added that he's taking fan concerns about the last installment seriously

Raimi participated in a group interview in Beverly Hills, Calif., where he was promoting his upcoming horror movie Drag Me to Hell. The following Q&A features edited excerpts of the interview. Drag Me to Hell opens May 29.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/why-spider-man-4-helmer-s.php

Madwelshboy
May 21st, 2009, 12:46 AM
MJ Back For Spidey 4?

“Kirsten? I have talked with her, and she's very excited about the possibility of it,” I think I'm going to have to read the screenplay and make sure everything we've talked about is working, before I could honestly tell you absolutely how [MJ's return to the big screen] would go.”

When you ask, when will Raimi finally see the Spider-Man 4 script? Raimi has indicated it could be as early as June.

This from Sam Raimi, “Right now, David Lindsay-Abaire, a New York playwright, is working on the screenplay. He says that he'll be done in about four weeks with his first draft. So that's where I am right now. And I'm just about to hire a production skeleton.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=7625

Madwelshboy
May 21st, 2009, 01:16 AM
Raimi announces 'Spider-Man 4' start date

Sam Raimi has revealed that filming on Spider-Man 4 will commence in February.

The director also admitted that there were many changes he would like to go back and fix about the 2007 third instalment of the superhero franchise, First Showing reports.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a156631/raimi-announces-spider-man-4-start-date.html

Madwelshboy
May 25th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Raimi May have Confirmed Morbius for Spider-Man 4

While doing promos for "Drag Me to Hell," Spider-Man director Sam Raimi seemed to confirm Morbius would be a part of Spider-Man 4...
While not coming out and saying it, Raimi went on so much about the sexiness of Vampires that you can tell he's spent a lot of time thinking about Morbius as the villain

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man_movies/spider-man_4/news/?a=7681

the fifth man
May 25th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Raimi May have Confirmed Morbius for Spider-Man 4

While doing promos for "Drag Me to Hell," Spider-Man director Sam Raimi seemed to confirm Morbius would be a part of Spider-Man 4...
While not coming out and saying it, Raimi went on so much about the sexiness of Vampires that you can tell he's spent a lot of time thinking about Morbius as the villain

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man_movies/spider-man_4/news/?a=7681

That sounds very cool. I hope this is true.

Madwelshboy
May 28th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Raimi Reveals more on the Spider-Man 4 Villains (or villian-esses)

When the director was asked how the selection of the villain/s was coming along with scriptwriter, David Lindsay-Abaire he said, "I’ve talked with David about a possible villain, villains, villain-ess. We’ve spoken about who knows what Spider-Man’s conflicting personas would be.”

Raimi also revealed that he may even be happy to introduce even the most obscure of supervillains, "That would be absolutely fine - but I’m not looking for things like that. I’m trying to, with the writer, find Peter Parker’s story primarily. And find the right conflict for him to come up against. So that either he can grow as a human being and overcome this thing, or perish. It’s more about finding the villain that represents the best story for Peter.”

However, Raimi also told MTV that whatever villain may be featured in the first draft script may not be the one who appears on the big screen, "Really, I have to read the screenplay and see if it’s working, what we’ve discussed. Before I really, in my heart, could tell you that I knew.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=7730

Madwelshboy
June 3rd, 2009, 07:14 AM
"Spider-Man 4" Teaser Posters

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/smspidey4.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=7810

the fifth man
June 3rd, 2009, 07:14 PM
Not much to go by. But it is something.

June 4th, 2009, 04:01 AM
Raimi Reveals more on the Spider-Man 4 Villains (or villian-esses)

When the director was asked how the selection of the villain/s was coming along with scriptwriter, David Lindsay-Abaire he said, "I’ve talked with David about a possible villain, villains, villain-ess. We’ve spoken about who knows what Spider-Man’s conflicting personas would be.”

Raimi also revealed that he may even be happy to introduce even the most obscure of supervillains, "That would be absolutely fine - but I’m not looking for things like that. I’m trying to, with the writer, find Peter Parker’s story primarily. And find the right conflict for him to come up against. So that either he can grow as a human being and overcome this thing, or perish. It’s more about finding the villain that represents the best story for Peter.”

However, Raimi also told MTV that whatever villain may be featured in the first draft script may not be the one who appears on the big screen, "Really, I have to read the screenplay and see if it’s working, what we’ve discussed. Before I really, in my heart, could tell you that I knew.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=7730

my vote is for six-arm saga, lizard and mysterio :D

Madwelshboy
June 6th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Dunst "Defenitly on board" Spider-man 4

Speculation has been rife all over the net about what to expect from the latest "Spider-man" movie, slated for release on May 6, 2011. It's obviously still very early in development, but that didn't stop the New York Post from asking Sony producer Todd Black a few questions in order to clear up some of the rumors that have been circulating.

In the article, Black confirms that Kirsten Dunst is definitely on board, but that there are no plans to have a wedding between Peter Parker and Mary Jane in the forthcoming movie. He also squashed the rumors that Morbius the Living Vampire will be the villain in the movie, but that the villain will be very New York centric.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/worldsgreatest/news/?a=7863

TheRandomOne
June 6th, 2009, 09:51 AM
:( to Dunst

jelgate
June 6th, 2009, 10:19 AM
:( to Dunst

??????

the fifth man
June 7th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Dunst "Defenitly on board" Spider-man 4

Speculation has been rife all over the net about what to expect from the latest "Spider-man" movie, slated for release on May 6, 2011. It's obviously still very early in development, but that didn't stop the New York Post from asking Sony producer Todd Black a few questions in order to clear up some of the rumors that have been circulating.

In the article, Black confirms that Kirsten Dunst is definitely on board, but that there are no plans to have a wedding between Peter Parker and Mary Jane in the forthcoming movie. He also squashed the rumors that Morbius the Living Vampire will be the villain in the movie, but that the villain will be very New York centric.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/worldsgreatest/news/?a=7863

I am glad the Dunst question has finally been answered.

Zarius
June 7th, 2009, 10:12 PM
God not another one. All three movies are awful and don't remotley represent Spider-Man well at all. I'd dare say Twilight is better written.

Dunst, while a great actress, is lumbered with an appauling MJ and will just provide the same old crap.

the fifth man
June 8th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the first 3 movies. I say bring on #4.

Ksya
June 9th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Has anyone been on the Spiderman ride at Universal Studios? If not, go! It's so awesome. :cool:

the fifth man
June 9th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Has anyone been on the Spiderman ride at Universal Studios? If not, go! It's so awesome. :cool:

Never been there yet. Maybe someday.

Ksya
June 9th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Never been there yet. Maybe someday.

Ah, that's too bad. Try to go someday, it was one of the best rides I've EVER been on. :D

the fifth man
June 9th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Ah, that's too bad. Try to go someday, it was one of the best rides I've EVER been on. :D

I will definitely have to check that out. Thanks.:)

Madwelshboy
June 12th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Alfred Molina has expressed interest in returning as Doc Ock in future Spider-Man films...

This from MTV's Splash Page-

When asked about the return of the villainous Doctor Octopus, "No one’s mentioned it, and I think it’s highly unlikely, seeing as he died,” Molina told MTV News during a press event for his upcoming film 'The Sorcerer’s Apprentice'.

“But at the ‘Spider-Man 2? premiere in London, I turned around to one of the producers and said, ‘It’s a real shame that I died, because I would’ve loved to do another one of these.’ And he said, ‘Oh, characters don’t die in this universe, they just disappear.’”

Molina also went on to say that in future Spider-Man sequels he would prefer to see them concentrate on just one villain as, having two or three of them sort of dilutes the potency of it.”

Considering that 'Spider-Man 2' is considered by many to be the best of the three films, it doesn't seem all that unlikely that Doc Ock could potentially return...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=7931

Descent
June 12th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Yes! I would love it if they brought Molina/Doc Ock back for 4 or 5. He was a great villain/character and it would be a shame if his story didn't continue in some way. Maybe he could return as a potential ally...? If there's one thing the movie version of Spider-Man needs more of, it is some superhero buddies to back him up. :P

jelgate
June 14th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Yes! I would love it if they brought Molina/Doc Ock back for 4 or 5. He was a great villain/character and it would be a shame if his story didn't continue in some way. Maybe he could return as a potential ally...? If there's one thing the movie version of Spider-Man needs more of, it is some superhero buddies to back him up. :P

I would like to see how the movie franchise portrays Black Cat

Descent
June 14th, 2009, 12:07 PM

Same here. I don't quite know who they would get to play her though...? Elisha Cuthbert? Maybe? I dunno... what do you guys think? :P :confused:

Madwelshboy
June 14th, 2009, 12:14 PM

Same here. I don't quite know who they would get to play her though...? Elisha Cuthbert? Maybe? I dunno... what do you guys think? :P :confused:

I agree would love to see the Black Cat. I'm not sure who i would like cast as the character. If the time comes for the character to make it to the big screen, im sure leading up to the casting that there will be a casting rumor saying "Megan Fox cast as Black Cat", after all these a "Megan Fox cast as female hot/kick ass Character" almost every month.

Bey0nd
June 14th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I don't get the hate for 3 really, although it is my least favorite of the bunch (1 is my favorite with 2 in-between).

I really enjoyed the 3rd,
Look at any trilogy and part 3 will be a disappointment

the last of a trilogy is always a stinker but Spiderman it wasn't so bad at all in fact I liked the movie, minus retcon of Uncle Ben's death the movie was quiet good.

Ksya
June 14th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I really enjoyed the 3rd,
Look at any trilogy and part 3 will be a disappointment

the last of a trilogy is always a stinker but Spiderman it wasn't so bad at all in fact I liked the movie, minus retcon of Uncle Ben's death the movie was quiet good.

Yes it was, the effects were really good. :D

the fifth man
June 14th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Yes it was, the effects were really good. :D

Yeah, it was visually stunning. No doubt about that.

Ksya
June 14th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Yeah, it was visually stunning. No doubt about that.

Yes, the Spiderman movies usually are.

the fifth man
June 14th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Yes, the Spiderman movies usually are.

I am fully expecting this fourth installment to continue that trend.:)

Descent
June 14th, 2009, 06:01 PM
im sure leading up to the casting that there will be a casting rumor saying "Megan Fox cast as Black Cat", after all these a "Megan Fox cast as female hot/kick ass Character" almost every month.

Ugh, no. She may be "pretty" but her acting skills leave a lot to be desired.

I honestly think Elisha Cuthbert could pull it off:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/61/BlkCatfh.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8c/Kim_Bauer.jpg

Just don't make her wear a white wig or anything like that. :P

jelgate
June 14th, 2009, 06:02 PM

How else do you propose they make her hair white?

Descent
June 14th, 2009, 06:06 PM
How else do you propose they make her hair white?

Dye it, I guess. Or just let her keep it blonde (it was like that in the '90s cartoon).

Madwelshboy
June 20th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Michael Papajohn Returning for Spider-Man 4?

Scooper 'Cassassin' sent us the following note today about Spider-Man actor Michael Papajohn:

During a Q&A with Ted Raimi and Michael Papajohn at Wizard World Philadelphia today, Papajohn (aka the carjacker/original killer of Uncle Ben from the Spider-Man films) said that he would be reprising his role for Spider-Man 4. He then proceeded to say if he told us what his role entailed, he'd have to kill us.

If this will indeed happen, it will be interesting to see why they still need to show the character in another film considering what happened in the third installment.

Spider-Man 4 is scheduled for a May 6, 2011 release.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=8447

the fifth man
June 21st, 2009, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I also wonder why they would need him back after what was revealed in the last film.

Madwelshboy
July 8th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Seabiscuit writer to redraft Spider-Man 4

When last we spoke with Spider-Man 4 director Sam Raimi, he was just about to read the latest draft of the script, by Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright David Lindsay-Abaire.

Well, guess he didn't like it that much: News has broken that Seabiscuit writer/director Gary Ross has been brought on board to do a rewrite, according to The Hollywood Reporter:

Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire are back as director and star, respectively, as are series producers Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad. ...

The move also puts Ross back to work with Maguire, with whom he worked on his directorial vehicles Pleasantville and Seabiscuit. The two were also working on Tokyo Suckerpunch, a drama set up at Columbia; that project is now on hold as Ross tackles another writing project, Columbia's Lance Armstrong biopic.

James Vanderbilt (Zodiac) also reportedly worked on the script.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/seabiscuit-writer-to-redr.php

the fifth man
July 9th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Back to the drawing board, I guess.

July 10th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Yeah, I also wonder why they would need him back after what was revealed in the last film.

seems pretty obvious to me, parker is overwhelmed by the guilt of killing him, when he now knows that he didn't kill uncle ben, so he haunts his nightmares!! muhahaha

Ozman
July 10th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Ugh, no. She may be "pretty" but her acting skills leave a lot to be desired.

I honestly think Elisha Cuthbert could pull it off:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/61/BlkCatfh.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8c/Kim_Bauer.jpg

I totally agree!

Madwelshboy
August 16th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Writer hired for Spider-Man 5 and 6

Spider-Man 4 is eyeing a production start early next year, and Sony Pictures has already hired screenwriter James Vanderbilt to draft chapters five and six, Variety reported.

Vanderbilt was the first writer on Spider-Man 4; director Sam Raimi brought on "Rabbit Hole" playwright David Lindsay-Abaire to rewrite him, and Gary Ross is now rewriting that script. Spider-Man 4 is aiming for a May 2011 release.

Here's what the trade paper reported:

Raimi didn't embrace all of Vanderbilt's ideas, but execs at Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios have. Vanderbilt has been hired to pen the fifth and sixth movies, which have an interconnected storyline. That's what was originally discussed when Vanderbilt signed on to write Spider-Man 4, but the idea of shooting a fourth and fifth film back to back with the original cast was scrapped.

Sources said it was unclear whether Raimi, Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst will be back. If they aren't, Vanderbilt's script would be the blueprint for a franchise reboot.

After committing to his fourth Spider-Man film, Raimi signed on to direct a new franchise based on the massively multiplayer role-playing online computer game World of Warcraft for Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/writer-hired-for-spider-m.php

the fifth man
August 17th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Honestly, I don't want a reboot of this franchise. At least I should enjoy 4. Anything after that though, if Raimi and Maguire aren't involved, I just don't know.

Madwelshboy
September 13th, 2009, 03:28 AM
Bigger Part for Bruce Campbell in Spider-Man 4?

At the premiere for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs on Saturday, Bruce Campbell told Access Hollywood that Spider-Man 4 will start shooting in January 2010 and that he'll have a larger part:

The actor, who has a long relationship with director Sam Raimi via his lead role in the "Evil Dead" trilogy, made memorable cameos in the first three "Spider-Man" films.

However, he may have a bigger role this time around. Bruce told Access that in the next installment in the superhero franchise, he’s been told he has a major part – but didn’t yet know anything about his character.

Columbia Pictures has scheduled the fourth installment for a May 6, 2011 release.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59077

the fifth man
September 13th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Bigger Part for Bruce Campbell in Spider-Man 4?

At the premiere for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs on Saturday, Bruce Campbell told Access Hollywood that Spider-Man 4 will start shooting in January 2010 and that he'll have a larger part:

The actor, who has a long relationship with director Sam Raimi via his lead role in the "Evil Dead" trilogy, made memorable cameos in the first three "Spider-Man" films.

However, he may have a bigger role this time around. Bruce told Access that in the next installment in the superhero franchise, he’s been told he has a major part – but didn’t yet know anything about his character.

Columbia Pictures has scheduled the fourth installment for a May 6, 2011 release.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59077

That certainly works for me. I think Bruce Campbell is great.:) I really hope he has a larger role.

Madwelshboy
September 15th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Spidey 4 Gets Bigger

IMAX Corporation and Columbia Pictures today announced that the highly-anticipated action-adventure Spider-Man 4, will be released to IMAX theatres simultaneously with the film's worldwide release on May 5, 2011. The fourth installment of the successful Spider-Man franchise, based on the Marvel Comicbook character, will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience. The film will be distributed by Columbia Pictures domestically and by Sony Pictures Releasing International overseas.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/102/1024771p1.html

Madwelshboy
September 18th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Movie Wars: Thor vs. Spider-Man 4

First, it was announced that Spider-Man 4 had an official release date of May 6, 2011, the date formerly listed as the release date of The First Avenger: Captain America, and then it was announced that Kirsten Dunst would be reprising the role of Mary Jane Watson in the film.

However, what everyone seemed to overlook is the release date of another Marvel superhero movie: Thor is slated to open May 20, 2011. This means that two Marvel characters will be in direct competition with one another for early summer blockbuster bucks, which is not a good thing for comic book movie fans.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BrentSprecher/news/?a=10138

the fifth man
September 18th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I will definitely have to see Spiderman 4 long before I consider seeing Thor.

Madwelshboy
September 19th, 2009, 12:38 AM
I will definitely have to see Spiderman 4 long before I consider seeing Thor.

Personally im the other way around! Thor will be first on my list

the fifth man
September 19th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Personally im the other way around! Thor will be first on my list

To each their own, right my friend?:) Don't get me wrong, I like Thor. I just like Spidey better.

Madwelshboy
September 21st, 2009, 09:21 AM
Spider-Man 4-6
Release Dates: May 6, 2011 (Spider-Man 4)
Development Status: After a brief, chaotic period where fans were uncertain whether the cast and crew of the Spider-Man films would return for a fourth outing, things seem to have gotten back on track. Spider-Man 4 is now set for release in May 2011. Sam Raimi will once again direct, and Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst will return to play Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson.

There is no early word on the villains in the fourth film, though the previous three movies certainly set the stage for an appearance by the Lizard. Michael Papajohn, who played the criminal who apparently-but-not-really shot Uncle Ben in the first film, has revealed that he'll be reprising his role, most likely in the form of a flashback sequence. Bruce Campbell, who cameoed in all three Spidey films, has also hinted that he may be taking on a larger role this time.

Early rumors suggest Sony would film Spider-Man 4 and 5 back to back, but Raimi has denied this possibility. However, work has already begun on the fifth and sixth movies. It appears that the two will be closely connected and may indeed be filmed concurrently. Unfortunately, Spider-Man 4 is starting to sound be the last outing for Raimi, Maguire, and Dunst, leaving many to wonder if the fifth and sixth films will actually be reboots.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=10199

the fifth man
September 21st, 2009, 06:51 PM
If 5 and 6 are a re-boot, I probably won't want anything to do with them.

Madwelshboy
September 21st, 2009, 11:57 PM
If 5 and 6 are a re-boot, I probably won't want anything to do with them.

Sounds to me that 5 & 6 will do a James Bond, rather than reboot the franshies.

the fifth man
September 22nd, 2009, 05:59 PM
Sounds to me that 5 & 6 will do a James Bond, rather than reboot the franshies.

You mean re-cast? Still not sure if that would interest me. Tobey has become Spiderman to me.

jelgate
September 22nd, 2009, 07:07 PM
You mean re-cast? Still not sure if that would interest me. Tobey has become Spiderman to me.

Its better then a reboot. Because it they reboot they will most likely return to the most iconic Spider-man villians. I want something a little more less known

the fifth man
September 22nd, 2009, 07:50 PM
Its better then a reboot. Because it they reboot they will most likely return to the most iconic Spider-man villians. I want something a little more less known

I totally agree with that. I would just be disappointed is all.

Madwelshboy
October 12th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Sam Raimi Says "Spider-Man 4" Will Begin Shooting In March 2010

"We're hoping that it's the first week in March," states Raimi.
"He's working on a draft," he continued. "I just gave him some notes and he's doing a rewrite right now."

Raimi is of course referring to Gary Ross. Oh boy, another rewrite or maybe this is the same rewrite reported earlier in the summer. Let's hope so.

"The production is starting to come together," Raimi told splashpage. "I've got a production designer who is starting to design the sets and the environments that the picture will take place in. We just brought aboard Scott Stokdyk as one of the two visual effects supervisors, and I worked with him on all three 'Spider-man' pictures."

We know Toby Mcguire and Kirsten Dunst are set to reprise their roles but what about the other cast members? Who is playing the villain?

"None of the casting has really taken place, but we're starting to think about that now," the director said

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=10807

the fifth man
October 12th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I hope most of the supporting cast can be brought back too.

Madwelshboy
October 13th, 2009, 03:28 AM
Sam Raimi Talks Spider-Man 4 Villains

MTV has an exclusive chat with Sam Raimi about Spider-man 4 Villains, here's an excerpt:

"I love the Lizard," said Raimi. "There's a great story there in the Marvel comic books about Dr. Connors. I'm less familiar with Carnage."

Raimi then took a long pause. "I'm not allowed to say at this point," he confessed.

Spilling the identity of the villain months before the film's prospective March shoot date was a little too much to hope. But Raimi was keen to illuminate his thought process regarding how and why he and his creative team select a specific villain. As he explained, it has less to do with the mention of a particular villain in an earlier film (as is the case with the Lizard) or about connecting the fourth film to another planned Marvel adaptation (see Carnage in "Venom").

Rather, the choice of a villain comes down to what makes most sense for the arc of Peter Parker's character. And with screenwriter Gary Ross still working on a draft of the script, everything is still very much in flux.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/portals/news/?a=10903

Kontr4band
October 14th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Sounds good, i cant wait!

the fifth man
October 14th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Sounds good, i cant wait!

You are definitely not alone, my friend.:)

jelgate
October 14th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I want them to use Electro as a villian. He seems underappreciated

the fifth man
October 14th, 2009, 06:14 PM

The Lizard has to play some role hopefully. They have been hinting at him for some time showing Dr. Connors like they have.

October 15th, 2009, 06:57 AM

he may be a good villain but is his character interesting enough? he certainly couldn't be the only villain. i say save him for if they do a spidey ensemble villain movie. i class him among rhino and shocker, as good villains but would only work as a distraction from or thug for a larger more important villain.

Replicator Todd
October 15th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Im hoping for a The Lizard and Kraven as the villains.

Madwelshboy
October 17th, 2009, 02:17 AM
Sam Raimi admits Spidey 3 mistakes, what he plans for 4

Spider-Man director Sam Raimi is now admitting what the rest of us have known for a while: That the third movie wasn't that terrific and that he needs to get back to basics for the upcoming Spider-Man 4.

Oh, Raimi doesn't say outright that 3 sucked, but he does acknowledge that "I think having so many villains detracted from the experience. I would agree with the criticism," according to an interview in the Coventry Telegraph.

It's not Raimi's fault that Spidey 3 tried to juggle so many bad guys: He originally wanted to focus solely on Sandman. But Marvel wanted to insert Venom, because the kids like him, and Raimi was forced to figure out a way to shoehorn the character in among the other plot threads, which also included Harry Osborn's new Goblin character. The result, of course, was kind of a mess.

At the time, Raimi tried to make the best of it, saying he thought it worked out. But now he's clearly acknowledging that he needs to simplify.

continues:
http://scifiwire.com/2009/10/sam-raimi-admits-spidey-3.php

the fifth man
October 17th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Personally, I really enjoyed Spiderman 3. But, that is just me. I am sure he will do a fine job on number 4.

Madwelshboy
October 23rd, 2009, 01:29 AM
Dylan Baker confirmed for 'Spider-Man 4'

Actor Dylan Baker has been confirmed to appear in the next Spider-Man movie.

At a screening for his new movie Trick 'r Treat, Baker announced that he would reprise his role as Professor Curt Connors in Spider-Man 4. It remains to be seen whether Connor will appear as his villainous alter ego, The Lizard. Baker appeared as Connors in Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3.

Spider-Man director Sam Raimi has previously identified The Lizard as one of his favourite villains.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a183272/dylan-baker-confirmed-for-spider-man-4.html

Replicator Todd
October 23rd, 2009, 01:08 PM
Oh boy oh boy, I sure hope to see some Lizard action!

the fifth man
October 24th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Oh boy oh boy, I sure hope to see some Lizard action!

Same here, my friend.:)

Madwelshboy
October 28th, 2009, 09:13 AM
The Villain For Spider-Man 4 Is the Lizard..And the Lizard Only?

While reviewing comic book-related news, I came across an article on Latinoreview.com involving the most current and highly talked about comic book sequel..."Spider-Man 4."

It has been in discussion for weeks as to who the villain or villains would be in the sequel. With the recent update of Dylan Barker returning for the role of Dr. Curt Connors, everyone speculated that this means The Lizard would finally get some screen time.

The site goes a bit further by stating not only will the villain be the Lizard, but if the reliable source is correct, he'll be the only one to appear in the film.

"Jim here. In what must be exclusives week at MarketSaw, we get a quick update on SPIDER-MAN 4 which of course is getting lensed in stereoscopic 3D.

We all pretty much knew that either The Lizard and/or Carnage would be in this movie and now we have word that it will be The Lizard ONLY. No multiple villains. Again, strong source here. Of course, things could change - but it is highly doubtful.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Whispers68/news/?a=11334

Replicator Todd
October 28th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I wouldn't mind just The Lizard. But why do people keep suggestion Carnage as the villain, hasn't Sam Raimi stated he doesn't like symbiotes?

the fifth man
October 28th, 2009, 05:55 PM
If The Lizard is the only villain in this movie, I will be fine with that. I just hope they get the most they can out of the character.

October 29th, 2009, 01:37 AM
I wouldn't mind just The Lizard. But why do people keep suggestion Carnage as the villain, hasn't Sam Raimi stated he doesn't like symbiotes?

i don't know, especially since the Venom spin off is still on the cards!! carnage will undoubtably be the villain in that.

and with only the lizard eh? i hope there is a lot of personal dilemma stuff, that's what made 1 and 2 so great, the perfect balance between the villain and the personal Parker stuff.

ReFRidgerator
October 29th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Personally, I really enjoyed Spiderman 3. But, that is just me. I am sure he will do a fine job on number 4.

I agree Spiderman 3 was pretty good. The only scene taht was not so great was the "evil Peter Parker scene" where Peter is strutting around. It was funny but kinda outta place. I guess Peter is just to good to become a murdering psychopath when under the symbiote's corrupting influence, so instead he just becomes NYC's dorkiest jerk.

Madwelshboy
November 9th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Spidey Gets To Tangle With The Black Cat In Spider-Man 4!!!

Mania.com broke the story:

"We can exclusively reveal that actress Rachel McAdams has met with the producers of the film for a major role. McAdams (of 'Wedding Crashers' and 'Sherlock Holmes' fame) is said to be a top contender for the role of Felicia Hardy, known to comic fans as The Black Cat."

Finally a piece of major news. If this holds true it will please a lot of fans.

But what about The Lizard getting his chance to wreak havoc on New York City? Mania.com has also learned that Raimi is going the two villain route, their source says Raimi and company are trying to cast a yet unnamed Villain. Which puts the kaboosh on The Lizard rumors as Dr. Curt Conners is already cast and has been since Spider-Man 2. Unless off course they are referring to "The Lizard" side of Doc Conners but more then likely that will be a CGI effect. Not that that's a bad thing, but it is what it is.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=11739

Replicator Todd
November 9th, 2009, 03:31 PM
:eek: Wasn't Black Cat a villain at first though? Similar to Catwoman?

jelgate
November 9th, 2009, 04:55 PM
:eek: Wasn't Black Cat a villain at first though? Similar to Catwoman?

Not really. They just approacher superhero life differently

Madwelshboy
November 11th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Black Cat Confirmed in Spider-Man 4...Possibly Vulture?

There’s obviously some heavy auditioning going on for a certain female antihero that most believe to be Felicia Hardy, the Black Cat. It has been rumored that Sam Raimi has met with both Rachael McAdams and Romola Garai for the role. But is this information viable?

According to a credible source, it seems without a doubt we will see the feline cat burglar in Spider-Man 4. According to Slashfilm.com, we might have a possible plot outline revealed:

"I’ve verified with Hey U Guys that their sources are 100% legit, and am pleased to confirm that they’ve passed the sniff test easily. This is still just a rumour, sure - but it’s a very nice smelling one. Have a quote:

Their report goes on to tell us that the big screen Felicia Hardy is not the daughter of a cat burglar, as per the original, but that her old man is, for some of the film at least, the new man in charge of the Daily Bugle. This is presumably how she first meets Peter Parker, who she then goes on to fall in love with and discover the secret identity of - which will, as was inevitable, put both of them in danger. Jeez, Pete - can’t you just keep it in your pants mask?

Hardy’s father is not only a newsman but also reportedly a villain in some sense, though possibly not a costumed one. On the other hand, Hey U Guys tell us that their source were calling this chap a “viper”, over and over. It doesn’t really add up that they’ve confused “lizard” and “viper” but how about “vulture” and “viper”? There’s also an outside chance that the word was “venom” and there’s some cross-over between Spider-Man 4 and the touted Venom spin-off on the cards. Vulture seems most likely to me… or Hardy senior might just be a ticked off news man with no animal alias."

more at:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/88Mph/news/?a=11784

Madwelshboy
November 17th, 2009, 05:58 AM
McAdams dismisses 'Spider-Man' rumours

Rachel McAdams has dismissed rumours that she will play villain Black Cat in Spider-Man 4.

The Notebook actress had been rumoured for the role of Felicia Hardy, an ex-girlfriend of Spider-Man-turned-cat burglar, along with Glorious 39 star Romola Garai.

However, McAdams told Entertainment Weekly that the web speculation about her involvement in the movie was false.

"That's a total rumour, I have to say," McAdams commented. "I was hanging out in Toronto the other day and someone came up to me and said, 'I just heard you're doing Spider-Man 4'. And I said, 'Really? No-one told me!' It's not true."

Garai also ruled out her chances of appearing in the film, telling DS last week: "I had no idea that with Spider-Man 4 being such a big film... that people would pick up on it. I was a bit taken aback... I'm not going to get this [role]!"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a187286/mcadams-dismisses-spider-man-rumours.html

Madwelshboy
November 18th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Julia Stiles auditions for 'Spider-Man 4'

Julia Stiles has reportedly tried out for a part in Spider-Man 4.

The 28-year-old is rumoured to be eyeing the role of Felicia Hardy/Black Cat, reports UGO.

Earlier this week, it was speculated that Rachel McAdams auditioned for the same character in the superhero sequel. McAdams later denied the claims.

Stars Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and Dylan Baker are returning for the fourth film, directed by Sam Raimi, due to hit US cinemas on May 5, 2011.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a187399/julia-stiles-auditions-for-spider-man-4.html

Replicator Todd
November 18th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I'm not trusting the Black Cat thing for a while now, rumors are evil!

the fifth man
November 18th, 2009, 06:37 PM
I'm not trusting the Black Cat thing for a while now, rumors are evil!

Yeah, they sure can be.

Madwelshboy
November 19th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Hathaway Also Up for Spider-Man 4?

It looks like we can add another name to the list of actresses who are reading for a new role in Spider-Man 4. Deadline Hollywood reports:

While Sony Pictures insists no decisions have been made, sources tell me that the producers have approached Anne Hathaway to star in the film. Maybe you experts have an idea what she'll play? All I know is that she's wanted for a starring role, and she won't replace Kirsten Dunst who's also cast in the Spidey fourquel.

Julia Stiles, Rachel McAdams and Romola Garai have previously been rumored to be auditioning for possibly Felicia Hardy/Black Cat. Will Sony Pictures start making official casting announcements soon?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61022

Replicator Todd
November 19th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Anne Hathaway? Wow. I cant think of any other major female roles in the world of Spiderman other than Mary Jane, Gwen Stacy, and Felicia Hardy.

the fifth man
November 22nd, 2009, 06:23 PM
I really hope we get some official announcements soon.

Madwelshboy
December 9th, 2009, 02:01 AM
Malkovich, Hathaway for 'Spider-Man 4'?

John Malkovich and Anne Hathaway are reportedly in talks to appear in Spider-Man 4.

According to Movieline, Malkovich has been approached to play villain Vulture in the superhero sequel.

Hathaway, who was rumoured for the role of Black Cat, is expected to star as Felicia Hardy, also known as Vulturess.

Julia Stiles, Rachel McAdams and Romola Garai have all been linked to the film in recent months, but both McAdams and Garai have ruled out appearing in the project.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a190544/malkovich-hathaway-for-spider-man-4.html

Replicator Todd
December 9th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Vulturess? I'm not one to complain when movies don't follow the original books or comics, but come on! Vulturess?!

the fifth man
December 9th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Vulturess? I'm not one to complain when movies don't follow the original books or comics, but come on! Vulturess?!

If true, we just have to give it a chance.

Madwelshboy
December 11th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Spider-Man 4 Not To Be In 3D!

In an effort to generate more money Sony CEO Howard Stringer is throwing the S as they say and nixing any 3D plans for "Spider-Man 4". This from Marketsaw:

"SPIDER-MAN 4 Not In 3D Afterall? MEN IN BLACK IS? Sony CEO Howard Stringer stuck his neck out against the tide of 3D as his company ramps 3D in just about every feasible way. While he was at an electronics company's headquarters on Thursday he elaborated (From AP): Stringer said he didn't think the next "Spider-Man" sequel would be in 3-D either, but a 3-D version of "Men in Black" was being considered. It was unclear what titles in Sony's extensive film library might be reissued in 3-D, he added."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=12390

Replicator Todd
December 11th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I don't care much for 3D anyways so it doesn't bother me!

Madwelshboy
December 11th, 2009, 08:31 AM

me neither

the fifth man
December 11th, 2009, 07:58 PM

It certainly doesn't bother me either.

jelgate
December 11th, 2009, 08:05 PM
3D viewing always gives me headaches. I'm glad they aren't doing it

Replicator Todd
December 11th, 2009, 08:19 PM
3D viewing always gives me headaches. I'm glad they aren't doing it

Me too, my family forced me to see Up in 3D...I wanted to see it but not with a headache...

Exiled Master
December 11th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Malkovich, Hathaway for 'Spider-Man 4'?

John Malkovich and Anne Hathaway are reportedly in talks to appear in Spider-Man 4.

According to Movieline, Malkovich has been approached to play villain Vulture in the superhero sequel.

Hathaway, who was rumoured for the role of Black Cat, is expected to star as Felicia Hardy, also known as Vulturess.

Julia Stiles, Rachel McAdams and Romola Garai have all been linked to the film in recent months, but both McAdams and Garai have ruled out appearing in the project.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a190544/malkovich-hathaway-for-spider-man-4.html
I really hope that this one doesn't have a case of villain inflation. I mean, there were some pretty scary rumors about a spiderman movie that was never released. And something about a dance number...

Madwelshboy
December 17th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Rumor: Spider-Man 4 has been shut down!

Is the upcoming fourth Spider-Man in trouble? First, there was the negative reaction to rumors about the film's new villains (Vulture? Vulturess??)

Now comes a rumor that preproduction on the Sam Raimi movie has been suspended indefinitely, according to IESB.net:

Apparently, several department heads working on the SPIDER-M4N production were notified of the halt last Thursday. Spidey and friends have some issues that need to be dealt with before production can move forward once again. Oh, and the film is known as SPIDER-M4N within the production offices so take note!

The site says there were problems with an incomplete script because director Raimi and Sony Pictures can't agree on a villain for the film.

Raimi is pushing hard for the Vulture to be the big baddie, something he also pushed for in the third film to star alongside the Sandman but didn't get and we all know how that one turned out. On the flip side, who does the studio want to be the villain? Our source says they seem to only be interested in featuring which ever character is selling books right now but basically they have no idea, just not the Vulture.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/rumor-spider-man-4-has-be.php

Replicator Todd
December 17th, 2009, 12:13 PM
:( Great, just great. Not that I don't like Iron Man but I want another Spidey film more.

the fifth man
December 17th, 2009, 07:38 PM
:( Great, just great. Not that I don't like Iron Man but I want another Spidey film more.

This does indeed suck pretty bad.:(

Madwelshboy
December 18th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Spider-Man 4 is NOT in Trouble!

This morning, IESB reported a rumor that 'Spider-Man 4' "has been been placed on indefinite hold." Relax people. It's just an X-Mas break.

The site continued by saying that "several department heads working on the SPIDER-M4N production were notified of the halt last Thursday. Spidey and friends have some issues that need to be dealt with before production can move forward once again."

Our studio source tells us this is not true. They are simply on hiatus for the holidays and production will resume in the new year. This is a very common practice on films, and not really surprising.

The fourth installment is scheduled for a release in conventional and IMAX theaters on May 5, 2011.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man_movies/spider-man_4/news/?a=12918

Replicator Todd
December 18th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Ohhhh....:o

the fifth man
December 18th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Spider-Man 4 is NOT in Trouble!

This morning, IESB reported a rumor that 'Spider-Man 4' "has been been placed on indefinite hold." Relax people. It's just an X-Mas break.

The site continued by saying that "several department heads working on the SPIDER-M4N production were notified of the halt last Thursday. Spidey and friends have some issues that need to be dealt with before production can move forward once again."

Our studio source tells us this is not true. They are simply on hiatus for the holidays and production will resume in the new year. This is a very common practice on films, and not really surprising.

The fourth installment is scheduled for a release in conventional and IMAX theaters on May 5, 2011.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man_movies/spider-man_4/news/?a=12918

That makes me feel much better.:)

Madwelshboy
December 23rd, 2009, 12:49 AM
This news is either the best/worst news to come of the fourth film!

Kirsten Dunst Written Out in Spider-Man 4

According to Contact Music, Kirsten Dunst is being written out of Spider-Man 4 and Anne Hathaway will be the new central love interest of the film series. Anne Hathaway is rumored to be playing Black Cat or Vulturess, neither have been confirmed. In fact, Hathaway has not been confirmed.

A source says, "The plan is for her character to be written out, probably by dying. "Anne will take over as Peter Parker's new love interest for this project and for Spider-Man 5 and 6 which are being written now. Anne's in L.A. doing a lot of meetings on the movie, because filming is right around the corner."

I know that Kirsten Dunst is so-so to Spidey fans. Some love her, some hate her. It intrigues me though that Hathaway will likely be Black Cat in all three of the next films... how will they make it so that she sticks around?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/CookiepussProduction/news/?a=13080

Replicator Todd
December 23rd, 2009, 09:46 AM
But, but, but,
Kirsten Dunst IS Mary Jane! Whaat?! How unfortunate....but maybe its a good thing I don't know.

jelgate
December 23rd, 2009, 11:10 AM
I think it is a bad move bases on the comics storylines. His main love interest has always been Mary Jane

Replicator Todd
December 23rd, 2009, 01:02 PM
I think it is a bad move bases on the comics storylines. His main love interest has always been Mary Jane

:indeed:

Alan Wake
December 24th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I wish these spiderman movies had a more "darker" tone to them, like the batman movies do.

I think the only reason I don't like these movies is because they have a "childlike" feel to them, which kinda bugs me.

Jumper_One
January 11th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Spidey 4's dead, Raimi & Maguire out, reboot coming

Seems like the problems hanging up Spider-Man 4 are more serious than previously reported: Nikki Finke's Deadline Hollywood is now reporting that director Sam Raimi and his entire cast, led by Tobey Maguire, have dropped out and that Sony Pictures will reboot the series with a new director and new cast for 2012.

**snip**

Here's Sony's full announcement:

Peter Parker is going back to high school when the next Spider-Man hits theaters in the summer of 2012.

Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios announced today they are moving forward with a film based on a script by James Vanderbilt that focuses on a teenager grappling with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises.

The new chapter in the "Spider-Man" franchise produced by Columbia, Marvel Studios and Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin, will have a new cast and filmmaking team. Spider-Man 4 was to have been released in 2011, but had not yet gone into production.

**snip**

http://scifiwire.com/2010/01/spidey-4-is-dead-sam-raim.php

Replicator Todd
January 11th, 2010, 05:58 PM
No. NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Ridiculous, retarded, unnecessary, and just confusing to the audience, Spidey doesn't need a reboot, he really doesn't. :( I will miss you Sam Raimi.

jelgate
January 11th, 2010, 06:01 PM
I'm okay with Sam Rami leaving and a different cast but I hate reboots

the fifth man
January 11th, 2010, 07:38 PM
This is not good news at all. This franchise does not need a reboot. Come on!:mad:

Pharaoh Atem
January 12th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Idiots complete and utter frakking idiots.

SaberBlade
January 12th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Not only is it a reboot, it's going to be a High School drama which is ****ed up since Peter pretty much left High School within the first 20 minutes of the first movie once he got powers.

I hope that Sam Raimi will die someday soon just so I can say he will roll in his grave if someone at Marvel allows them to do this. Maguire and Raimi are gone, sad yes, but that is just a sign to leave the franchise alone and end it with 3, or do a new cast. this prequel reboot bull****.

At this rate, they will end up thinking reboot is the cure for everything. Batman basically got rebooted after Keaton/Burton left and what came next was crap. Hulk got it but I enjoyed the first movie and thought the reboot was just too dumbed down and action based than a moral issue (although it's tie in with Avengers/Iron Man/Who knows next is cool), Punisher got it and it sucked ass, there has been talk about Fantastic Four getting the same treatment and even DC's Superman once this lawsuit business is dealt with. In fact, I read Ghost Rider II will be a reboot despite having Cage returning.

What next if Bale/Goyer leave Batman, or Downey/Favreau?

Seriously, rebooting with High School, sounds like the idea of a cartoon.

Alan Wake
January 12th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Not only is it a reboot, it's going to be a High School drama which is ****ed up since Peter pretty much left High School within the first 20 minutes of the first movie once he got powers.

I hope that Sam Raimi will die someday soon just so I can say he will roll in his grave if someone at Marvel allows them to do this. Maguire and Raimi are gone, sad yes, but that is just a sign to leave the franchise alone and end it with 3, or do a new cast. this prequel reboot bull****.

At this rate, they will end up thinking reboot is the cure for everything. Batman basically got rebooted after Keaton/Burton left and what came next was crap. Hulk got it but I enjoyed the first movie and thought the reboot was just too dumbed down and action based than a moral issue (although it's tie in with Avengers/Iron Man/Who knows next is cool), Punisher got it and it sucked ass, there has been talk about Fantastic Four getting the same treatment and even DC's Superman once this lawsuit business is dealt with. In fact, I read Ghost Rider II will be a reboot despite having Cage returning.

What next if Bale/Goyer leave Batman, or Downey/Favreau?

Seriously, rebooting with High School, sounds like the idea of a cartoon.

well the reviews and praise sure tell a different story about batman...

and as for the first hulk being an enjoyable film... I think that's a lonely ship you're sailing on my friend.

but anyways, I welcome this change to Spiderman. its better then not having a movie at all.

the fifth man
January 12th, 2010, 07:40 PM
well the reviews and praise sure tell a different story about batman...

and as for the first hulk being an enjoyable film... I think that's a lonely ship you're sailing on my friend.

but anyways, I welcome this change to Spiderman. its better then not having a movie at all.

Not necessarily, my friend. Time will tell on this one.