Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Spiderman Thread

The all purpose Spiderman Thread.......

I wanted to start an all purpose/full service Spiderman thread where anyone can discuss the movies, comic books, animated series, action figures and anything else Spiderman related.

Spiderman was the first super-hero comic book character I truly loved as a kid. Sure there was Superman and Batman, but I always enjoyed reading Marvel comics over DC.

Here is some back ground information that some of you probably already know but for the fringe fan this might help with your over-all knowledge of the history of Spiderman.....

SPIDERMAN HISTORY
    Spider-Man was created for Marvel Comics by comic book writer, Stan Lee, and first appeared in a comic book series, “Amazing Fantasy #15”, in 1962. It was such a hit that Amazing Fantasy was renamed Amazing Spider-Man and Stan Lee was promoted. Lee, who had joined Marvel Comics at the age of 16, became the youngest editor in the industry one year later. By the early 1970s, Marvel Comics was the dominant comic-book publisher, largely due to the overwhelming popularity of Spider-Man.

In 1977 Spider-Man began starring in his own newspaper strip and quickly became one of the most successful newspaper comics. Spider-Man has appeared in more than 500 newspapers worldwide, making it the longest running of all Super Hero strips. Stan Lee personally wrote and edited the seven-days-a-week Spider-Man newspaper strip from its inception until he left Marvel Comics in the late 1990s. Stan Lee’s younger brother, Larry Lieber, drew the daily newspaper comics for Marvel since the late 1980’s, when Larry Lieber replaced Fred Kids as “The Amazing Spider-Man” artist.

The first Spider-Man animated television series premiered on ABC in 1967 and ran for two seasons (1967 -1969). A third unaired season was later released in syndication. From 1977 to 1979, CBS aired a live action Spider-Man TV series. Several of the shows were also edited to make three Spider-Man movies.

The animated Spider-Man returned to television in 1981. A syndicated Spider-Man solo series aired from 1981-1982, and was followed by “Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends” (Iceman, Firestar and the Incredible Hulk) on NBC from 1982-1985. The highly successful 1990’s “Spider-Man” consisted of 65 episodes and aired from 1994-1998. The follow-up series, Spider-Man Unlimited, was short-lived and pulled off the air to make room for Digimon.

For those unfamiliar with the Spider-Man story, Spider-Man is an atomic hero, inspired by the creation of the atomic bomb. A radioactive spider bit a high school student by the name of Peter Parker while he was attending a scientific demonstration of a new radiation technology. The spider crept into the beam of radiation generated by the experiment and then dropped onto and bit Peter’s hand. As a result, Peter gained the powers of a spider magnified by the radiation. Peter’s new found superhuman abilities included incredible superhuman strength, superhuman reflexes and equilibrium, the ability to stick to most surfaces and an intuitive sense for danger. He was also able to spin and shoot webs.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Greetings & Salutations

I love Spider-man 1 & 2 and am looking forward to Spider-man 3. However, my memory of the cartoon is spotty at best, and I've never read a comic book in my life. I'd like this thread to be dedicated to the movies only, because all of this future knowledge from the comic books and 90's cartoon are S P O I L E R S for me and anyone else who is only familiar with Spider-man through the movies.

I love Spider-man, but I found Spider-man 2 to be a supperior film, and the cliffhanger ending where Harry finds his father's secret lair was a terrible cliffhanger, because we had two wait two years to see whut happens next. On May 4th, we find out!

So far, we know the movie will revolve around Peter Parker, Marry Jane, Harry Osborne, the Sandman, Spider-man's black suit, some new photographer, and a new love interest for Peter Parker. I guess now that MJ knows Peter is Spider-man, they need something new to create emotional angst in this movie. Couldn't Peter and MJ just be a happy, united force in this movie? I don't mind emotional angst, but two movies was enough already. Anyway, I'm curious to find out just whut exactly this black suit will do to Peter's relationship with MJ and Spider-man's reputation with New York City.

Comment

go here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=37504
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I like the movies, tv series, comics and basically all of spiderman trivia and canon
        Spiderman 3 looks AWESAWM!!!
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

What the heck Daniel Jackson, I just start an all inclusive Spiderman thread and you then you copy me, NOT cool.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
            No. I do not want Spider-man 3 spoiled, because someone blabbed about a 20-year-old comic book.

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
            What the heck Daniel Jackson, I just start an all inclusive Spiderman thread and you then you copy me, NOT cool.
            Relax, Fifth. I see your thread, but once that discussion gets going, it's going to be one, big, fat S P O I L E R for anyone who only knows about Spider-man through the films.

That's why I started this thread. It will allow people to discuss the movies without Spider-man 3 being spoiled.

Comment

I like the movies, tv series, comics and basically all of spiderman trivia and canon
              Spiderman 3 looks AWESAWM!!!
              It does look awesome Mappa, I noticed Trpher Grace is in it, very cool. I can't believe that Daniel Jackson guy starts a Spiderman thread right after I did, that pisses me off. Thanx for noticing I started mine first and telling him so.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

It does look awesome Mappa, I noticed Trpher Grace is in it, very cool. I can't believe that Daniel Jackson guy starts a Spiderman thread right after I did, that pisses me off. Thanx for noticing I started mine first and telling him so.
                Well y'know me, Mr Controversial.

Anyways, I always figured that Venom was going to be in the third movie but it's just the symbiote suit, right? dang. Anyways the sand man looks frakin gr8!!!!

oh yeah, and the hobgoblin (aka. Harry)...lol, it should be good.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                  No. I do not want Spider-man 3 spoiled, because someone blabbed about a 20-year-old comic book.

Relax, Fifth. I see your thread, but once that discussion gets going, it's going to be one, big, fat S P O I L E R for anyone who only knows about Spider-man through the films.

That's why I started this thread. It will allow people to discuss the movies without Spider-man 3 being spoiled.
                  Then I recommend putting a big fat 'NO SPOILERS PLEASE' sign above.

sigpic

Comment

Well y'know me, Mr Controversial.

Anyways, I always figured that Venom was going to be in the third movie but it's just the symbiote suit, right? dang. Anyways the sand man looks frakin gr8!!!!

oh yeah, and the hobgoblin (aka. Harry)...lol, it should be good.
                    It does look like a symbiont suit, I was hoping Tropher plays Venom

Sandman does look incredible, that scene of him where he is as big as a tall building was amazing.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Why? That's common courtesy, considering the movie is not out yet.

Instead of arguing, do you have anything you'd like to discuss about the movies?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                        Why? That's common courtesy, considering the movie is not out yet.

Instead of arguing, do you have anything you'd like to discuss about the movies?
                        It's not common courtesy though....spoilers are all over this forum!!!!! I just got the movie Serenity spoiled for me just half and hour ago in this place!!!!!

The movies? yeah okay....Spiderman 3 looks awesome

sigpic

Comment

It does look like a symbiont suit, I was hoping Tropher plays Venom

Sandman does look incredible, that scene of him where he is as big as a tall building was amazing.
                          yeah lol, and Venom was always my favourite character from the entire franchise, especially from the spiderman game for the PSone. Quality!!!

sigpic

Comment

It's not common courtesy though....spoilers are all over this forum!!!!! I just got the movie Serenity spoiled for me just half and hour ago in this place!!!!!
                            I understand, which is why I avoid threads that might spoil a movie I have not seen or a Stargate episode that has not aired.

The movies? yeah okay....Spiderman 3 looks awesome
                            Indeed it does! Do you think the one-armed professor from Spider-man 2 will have a role in this movie? I remember him from the cartoon, he was in several episodes. I'm guessing his cameo in 2 was a teaser, letting the audience know he'd be in 3?

Oh, and have you watched the DVD special features about the Spider-man suit? Apparantly, it's not just a spandex suit with a plastic-looking web effect on top. It's actually a very complicated suit that they paste to the actor in pieces.

I wonder whut it's made of in terms of story and how Peter would put it on? I don't see a zipper. lol

Comment

yeah lol, and Venom was always my favourite character from the entire franchise, especially from the spiderman game for the PSone. Quality!!!
                              Was Venom created from Spidermans DNA?.

I just googled and found this brief but accurate account of who Venom is.....

The homicidal embodiment of pure hatred and blinding rage, Venom is an amalgamation of two wildly disparate beings, each obsessed with Spider-Man. One half is Eddie Brock, an unethical former journalist whose meteoric career was cut short when Spider-Man revealed a story he had written to be false. The other is the alien symbiote that posed for a time as Spider-Man’s black costume, attempting all the while to graft itself to the wall-crawler permanently.

Coincidentally arriving at the church where the creature had gone to ground, the devastated Brock’s intense emotions attracted the empathic symbiote, which Spider-Man had rebuffed repeatedly and nearly destroyed. Brock gave himself fully to the alien, their mutual fixation fanned into an overwhelming animosity by the union. There is no more Eddie Brock, no more symbiote: There is only Venom.

Armed with the alien’s intimate knowledge of Spider-Man, Venom embarked on a campaign of terror against Peter Parker, often tormenting the hero's friends and loved ones to cause him personal distress. On numerous occasions, Venom has targeted Mary Jane Watson, using her pain as a means to unsettle Spider-Man.

Utterly insane and totally without remorse, Venom is the antithesis of his adversary. Spider-Man understands that with great power, there must also come great responsibility. Driven entirely by a single base emotion, Venom comprehends only its all-consuming desire for revenge
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                              X