No announcement yet.

The Spiderman Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol well I dont really go into the behind the scenes technical-scientific stuff but I loved his evil, showing-off sense of humour. Kind reminds me of me.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
      I understand, which is why I avoid threads that might spoil a movie I have not seen or a Stargate episode that has not aired.

Indeed it does! Do you think the one-armed professor from Spider-man 2 will have a role in this movie? I remember him from the cartoon, he was in several episodes. I'm guessing his cameo in 2 was a teaser, letting the audience know he'd be in 3?

Oh, and have you watched the DVD special features about the Spider-man suit? Apparantly, it's not just a spandex suit with a plastic-looking web effect on top. It's actually a very complicated suit that they paste to the actor in pieces.

I wonder whut it's made of in terms of story and how Peter would put it on? I don't see a zipper. lol
      I'm disappointed that only the symbiote creature is in it, not Venom the funny alien after spidey thingy
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Wtgo brother Fifth, its about time you started a Spiderman appreciation thread. I will add some info and trivia when I can.......

According to the Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Spider-Man’s official height is 5/10”, weight is 165 pounds, eye color is hazel and hair color is brown.

Stan Lee, the mastermind behind Spider-Man, also created the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, Iron Man, and the Hulk. At the age of 77, Stan Lee left Spider-Man and Marvel Comics to start his own company, Stan Lee Media, an internet portal company.

In 1978, Toei Animation in Japan produced a Japanese version of the live action Spider-Man TV series. Although the Spider-Man costume was similar, the story-line was quite different from the U.S. version.

Spider-Man made his debut onto Nintendo 64’s video game in November 2000. Gamers utilize Spider-Man’s super strength and superior wit to protect the innocent as they solve a variety of puzzles and defeat old and new super villains.

There is now a Spider-Man ride in the “Marvel Super Hero Island” of Universal Studios theme park in Orlando, Florida.

Comment

I JUST finished watching Spiderman 2... then I come across this thread. Cool..! I love Spiderman..! He was always my favorite comic book hero growing up. I could identify with Peter Parker in some ways, and I just LOVED how he'd beat up the bad guys and be a wise-guy while he was at it. Classic! His combination of abilities made him a formidable foe against just about anyone. He's really strong (even if NOT the strongest), but more than that to beat him you'd actually have to hit him, and it isn't easy to move a very quick and agile target.

Go, SPIDEY..!
          The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
          Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
          My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
          Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Way to go, Moderators, for merging my thread with a thread full of spoilers.

I am done discussing Spider-man in this forum.

DELETE ALL MY POSTS!!!!

Comment

Don't be hating on the Mod's, there just doing there job, and doing it quite well.

And for the record, this is NOT a spoiler thread!, I hate spoilers as much as anyone.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion View Post
                I JUST finished watching Spiderman 2... then I come across this thread. Cool..! I love Spiderman..! He was always my favorite comic book hero growing up. I could identify with Peter Parker in some ways, and I just LOVED how he'd beat up the bad guys and be a wise-guy while he was at it. Classic! His combination of abilities made him a formidable foe against just about anyone. He's really strong (even if NOT the strongest), but more than that to beat him you'd actually have to hit him, and it isn't easy to move a very quick and agile target.

Go, SPIDEY..!
                Spiderman II rocked, and like brother Fifth and yourself I grew up reading Spiderman first!. Marvel superhero's just have an edge to them that DC superhero's are lacking.

His abilities with the fact that he was a humble and cool guy made him very easy to appreciate.

Have you viewed the the Spiderman III trailer Seastallion?.

http://www.ifilm.com/presents/spider...m&refsite=8030

Comment

Way to go, Moderators, for merging my thread with a thread full of spoilers.

I am done discussing Spider-man in this forum.

DELETE ALL MY POSTS!!!!
                  Quiet you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                    Don't be hating on the Mod's, there just doing there job, and doing it quite well.
                    Obviously, not, because he didn't read my post which clearly said the thread was dedicated to discussing the movies only, not the franchise as a whole.

Comment

Obviously, not, because he didn't read my post which clearly said the thread was dedicated to discussing the movies only, not the franchise as a whole.
                      You didn't even bother reading Fifth Races first post when he started this thread......

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                      The all purpose Spiderman Thread.......

I wanted to start an all purpose/full service Spiderman thread where anyone can discuss the movies, comic books, animated series, action figures and anything else Spiderman related.
                      That states all purpose including "Movies".

The Mod's are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                        You didn't even bother reading Fifth Races first post when he started this thread......
                        I didn't want to be spoiled on events that might be used in the 3rd feature film.

Comment

I didn't want to be spoiled on events that might be used in the 3rd feature film.
                          Can we just end this pointless debate? The thread made by Daniel Jackson was meant to be made about the movies without spoilers (which he should have pointed out) and this thread was made to discuss the franchise as a whole, the mods saw that this thread would benefit people more about learning about spideys story from all of the canon behind the character thus discussing the character as a whole - with everything included.

Now, DJ, I'm sure that the polite people will use spoiler tags and so if you dont wish to see what happens in Spiderman 3(like me) then dont read them, but unfortunately there are some people who dont use spoiler tags and thiers a thread about this here:
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=37130
                          I'm not picking on you or anything, mate, but let's just face facts: Daz wants his forum nice and the mods are there, not only to delete posts and cause chaos in the 'Who's your favourite mod?' thread, but to ensure that this place looks good and doesn't have too many threads based around more or less the same subject...And yes I know that most of the threads here are based on Stargate but it's a stargate website and forum....so that's the end of that topic.

So I hope that sort of explained a few things for you...I don't who made their spidey thread first, but since one gives us more to read, write and learn from.

sigpic

Comment

<<<<< Big Spiderman fan myself. I just watched the trailer for Spiderman III and for the sake of people that do not like Spoilers I won't discuss what I saw, I will just say Wow!. I'm glad Tropher Grace was cast in this movie.

I have a huge Spiderman comic book collection, anyone else into Spiderman comics?.
                            The USS Defiant Rocks!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

im into the comics
                              sigpic
                              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Here is some more Spiderman history and notes....

Creation of character
                                There have been conflicting accounts of Spider-Man's creation, with Stan Lee, Steve Ditko (the official creators), Jack Kirby and Joe Simon claiming varying amounts of credit for the character.

Stan Lee claimed in the 1980s that the idea for Spider-Man arose from a surge in teenage demand for comic books, and the desire to create a character with which teens could identify. Lee cited the non-superhuman pulp magazine crime fighter The Spider as an influence. [citation needed] In the documentary Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters and Marvels and elsewhere, Lee claimed that he was inspired by seeing a fly climb up a wall. He mentioned that he has told the story of Spider-Man's origins so often that he has become unsure of whether or not it is true. Afterward, Lee approached Marvel publisher Martin Goodman to seek approval for the character. In a 1986 interview with the Detroit News, he described in detail his arguments to overcome Goodman's objections.

Jack Kirby counterclaimed in a 1982 interview that Lee had minimal involvement in the character's creation, and that it was Kirby and Joe Simon who created a character called The Silver Spider planned for the Crestwood comic Black Magic until that company went out of business.

Simon, in his 1990 autobiography, disputed Kirby's account, asserting that the supernatural anthology Black Magic was not a factor, and that he (Simon) devised the name "Spiderman" (later changed to "The Silver Spider"), while Kirby outlined the character's story and powers.

Comics historian Greg Theakston says that Lee, after receiving Goodman's approval for the name Spider-Man and the "ordinary teen" concept, approached Kirby. Kirby told Lee about his 1950s Silver Spider/Spiderman, in which an orphaned boy living with an old couple finds a magic ring that gives him superpowers. Lee and Kirby "immediately sat down for a story conference" and Lee afterward directed Kirby to flesh out the character and draw some pages. "A day or two later", Kirby showed Lee the first six pages, and, as Lee recalled, "I hated the way he was doing it. Not that he did it badly — it [just] wasn't the character I wanted; it was too heroic". Joe Simon concurs that Kirby showed the original Spiderman version to Lee, who liked the idea and gave Kirby the assignment, but who ultimately disliked the results — in Simon's description, "Captain America with cobwebs".

Lee turned to artist Steve Ditko, who had originally been scheduled to ink the new character. Ditko developed a visual motif Lee found satisfactory, although Lee ironically later replaced Ditko's cover with one penciled by Kirby. As Ditko recalled:

"The Spider-Man pages Stan showed me were nothing like the [eventually] published character. In fact, the only drawings of Spider-Man were on the splash. At the end, Kirby had the guy leaping at you with a web gun. ... Anyway, the first five pages took place in the home, and the kid finds a ring and turns into Spider-Man.

Joe Simon later elaborated that his and Kirby's Silver Spider became the basis for Simon's Archie Comics character The Fly, introduced in early 1959. Simon says Ditko recognized that Kirby's Spiderman was highly similar to the Fly, and designed his own original version, which Lee dubbed Spider-Man. Ditko's recollections in Comic Book Artist #3 (Winter 1999) were similar. Much earlier, in a rare contemporaneous account, Ditko described his and Lee's contributions in a mail interview with Gary Martin published in Comic Fan #2 (Summer 1965): "Stan Lee thought the name up. I did costume, web gimmick on wrist & spider signal". Additionally, Ditko shared a Manhattan studio with noted fetish artist Eric Stanton, an art-school classmate who, in a 1988 interview with Theakston, recalled that although his contribution to Spider-Man was "almost nil", he and Ditko had "worked on storyboards together [and] I added a few ideas. But the whole thing was created by Steve on his own. ... I think I added the business about the webs coming out of his hands".
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X