Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
    Why would destroying the Ori get rid of the priors powers? And what about Adria?
    Well... Damn. You're right. Okay, seems like the Priors would probably still live. On the other hand, they would need the Ori to make more, so they'd be on the defensive at that point. Heck, some might get a Messiah complex and fight their fellow Priors if we play our psywar right.

Comment

I have a question. If the Ori were destroyed, how would their followers find out? The priors would know, but what would prevent them from keeping that information hidden from Origins followers?

Comment

You see no need for name calling, yet you call him a small and petty person, and then tell him too piss off? Doesn't that make you as bad as you think he is? I don't see why you people are making such a big deal about it. It's global warming. It has nothing to do with stargate.
        actually i wasn't name calling, i said that name calling shows that he's small and petty - e.g. he's being petty and small by resorting to name calling and piss off statement was because i think that there's no point jumping into a thread just to call names (although he did raise valid points in the beginning)etc...

but any who i deleted that post

and i'm sorry for getting annoyed AJT, i just don't like unneccessary name calling so lets call it quits...

and i do see your points they are valid and deserve looking into but i just think the method could be better
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I have a question. If the Ori were destroyed, how would their followers find out? The priors would know, but what would prevent them from keeping that information hidden from Origins followers?
          ... Again, good question. Much more difficult conundrum than it seems, hm?

Well, I suppose that leaves us in very much the same position as we were in before, though at least the number of Priors would freeze. That's something.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon View Post
            ... Again, good question. Much more difficult conundrum than it seems, hm?

Well, I suppose that leaves us in very much the same position as we were in before, though at least the number of Priors would freeze. That's something.
            Yeah, but I'm sure once the number of priors began getting too low they would be able to make the ships capable of being activated/piloted by normal humans.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
              actually i wasn't name calling, i said that name calling shows that he's small and petty - e.g. he's being petty and small by resorting to name calling and piss off statement was because i think that there's no point jumping into a thread just to call names (although he did raise valid points in the beginning)etc...

but any who i deleted that post

and i'm sorry for getting annoyed AJT, i just don't like unneccessary name calling so lets call it quits...

and i do see your points they are valid and deserve looking into but i just think the method could be better
              The method could always be better. The principles are rarely unsound.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon View Post
                The method could always be better. The principles are rarely unsound.
                err...i'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, but i'm guessing that you agree
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                  err...i'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, but i'm guessing that you agree
                  Yes. I am.

Comment

Ok here is one design for a cargo ship

Specs:
                    Size:
                    The size is 15 meters wide by 100 meters lenght by 10 meters depth
                    Weapons/Defense:
                    The weapons and the defense are one in the same. this ship is outfitted with no offensive weapons. But the shields are repulsive shields, like the one in Window of Opportunity, it will repluse any shots fired at it back in the opposite direction. the hull is also strong, its a titainum-trinium alloy
                    Capcity for Cargo:
                    The capcity for cargo is 250,000 cubic feet, weight is not a factor unless it is caring a massive amount of super heavy material
                    Power:
                    a Mark II reactor
                    Pulpulsion:
                    The ship has two very power sub-light engine and two hyper-drive
                    engines
                    Others:
                    Beaming technology

To get the sketchup model --->Click Me!

Spoiler:
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Can i just say i am open for this history to be edited and rewriten, i have never seen eye to eye with AJT, we have more rows than anyone, i respect him but rarely agree. If people dont like what ive done then im ok with that, it wasnt exactly my biggest moment in postign history. If you want to change and rewrite it, then do so.
                      As to the Ori, priors, adria, ships etc..i really was just doing what needed to be done, the ancients solving everything with the asgard seemed the best course, without us having to actually find a way to defeat the Ori on our which would take a whole lot of backstory. that i dont have time to make up.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

X-512A Adder

Description
                        A gate capable fighter, the hull of the ship is made of a trinium-titanium-aluminum alloy wraped in carbon fiber composite for added strength.

Armerment
                        2 light pulse laser cannons
                        1 light rail gun

Armor
                        Covered with easily replacable tiles that help absorb some of the energy from enegry weapons
                        Shield Generator

Engines
                        Main engine is on the ring which is a tauri-asgard mix developed by the scientists of earth.
                        Secondary engine on platform

Crew
                        1 pilot

Other notes
                        The platform can break way from the ring in emergency.
                        Can land on flat surfaces with use of internal landing gear, although in hangars it uses a special landing pad that holds it securely in place.
                        To componsate for the lack of visiblility, a powerful radar/sensor/camera package is instaled at various points on the ship for complete visibility. The pilot wheres a helemt that has a HUD and allows him to see in 360 degree shpere.
                        Not hyperspace capable(it goes throught the gate!)
                        X-512 Adder

Spoiler:

Background
                        A ship that quickly and easily be deployed and operate off world and in space was need to help support ground troops and achieve air supremecy. The designers designed this fighter which goes through the stargate with one foot of spare room to fit throught the gate. It has proven its self as an excelent space combat adn atmosphereic fighter, but it is not the best of ground attack fighters as the whole ship must be oriented toward the ground, develpoers are working on designing a ship that has bottom mounted retcractable rail gun, but speed and manuverablility will be effected.Only once has a X-512A hit the gate as it was going through. The couse was a spike in power on the port side engine whoch caused the ship to swerve violently. Hte pilot was able to release the platform from the ring and continued throught the gate and crashlanded at the Alpha Site which the base of operations for the X-512As.
                        Last edited by Dr. Who; 29 November 2006, 04:33 PM.
                        Oh, believe me its not the first time we tried it
                        I shot him...

in the leg...
                        I'm invulnerable!
                        Spoiler:
                        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten.
                        http://www.aviationexplorer.com/airc...ft_carrier.jpgUSN

Comment

Here's my design for 2 unmanned fighters; a hyperspace and a gate capable fighter.

Name: UMSF- unmanned space fighter
                          Role: Defense of ships and planets and strike craft
                          Height: 6’ 11”
                          Length: 31.5’
                          Wingspan: 30’
                          Armament: 12 (6 on each side) 3” diameter K-naquadah missiles each with a one-kiloton
                          warhead
                          6 human built staff cannons
                          2 Mark-3 nukes
                          Power plant: Mark-1 naquadah generator
                          Engines: two small, gravity drives, 8 small maneuvering thrusters
                          Small short-range hyperdrive (capable of short bursts of a few billions miles {a short distance by space standards})
                          Shields: low-powered human designed shields

Alternate design: UMGF- unmanned gate fighter
                          Gate capable fighter for the defense of ships and planets and strike craft
                          Height: 6’ 11”
                          Length: 31.5’
                          Wingspan: 10’ (or just skinny enough to fit through the stargate.)
                          Armament: 6 K-naq missiles
                          4 human built staff cannons
                          Power plant: Mark-1 naquadah generator
                          Engines: two small, gravity drives, 8 small maneuvering thrusters
                          Shields: low-powered human designed shields

The UMSASGF was designed for the defense of planets and ships. If a hostile ship is detected, the fighter will intercept it and distract it long enough for the attacked ship to make it to safety or hold the enemy back long enough for reinforcements to arrive.
                          The lack of pilot allows life-support systems and the cockpit to be excluded from the designs, saving space and energy for weapons, shields, and engines. The ship can also be considered disposable, going where no human dares.
                          The UMSASGF is popular with civilian vessels as a cheap means of defense. If a freighter is attacked by pirates, then it can deploy the fighters. The fighters will engage the pirates until the freighter can escape, then the fighters make a micro jump to a predetermined location for pick-up.
                          The fighters can also be used by the military to attack a target. Carriers can jump near the target and the fighters can micro jump the rest of the way, leaving the carriers in safety.
                          Quacks

Comment

ok guys and gals, as i think mentioned i'm currently designing and modeling a Tau'ri flagship - The Nemisis Class...

what do you think is an approtiate size and what do you think is the MAXIMUM size it should be?

bear in mind i want this to be massive...

(and i do realize this will probably be the last thing we vote on, i just wanted to get a head start )

Comment

Hi guys,

Been away for ages, thought id drop by and ask whats going on whats happening.

Comment

Hey Dr.who i like your ship but i think it shouldnt be gate based, the ring around the edge could be a hyperspace engine which the craft uses, and then the main engine on the ship could be a ion engine. The main pod could be gate-able, but if they cant gate to a location then then can opt to use the hyperspace drive instead. Also turrent rail guns are pretty solid format in 2040 so you could at thoe and take the lasers away..

buba, i think the Maximum is 1.5kmL, but i would prefer it less than 1km long, in fact i think 1km should be the Maximum of the entire fleet. Even at this point in time we cant make ships that big.

Also the flagship doesnt have to be the most powerfull, it has to be the most important..
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X