X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name: Hurricane-II

Type: Two seated Fighter

Technology base: Tau’ri

Operators: Two human operators (pilot & navigator)

Classification: F-82

Hull: Single hull made of an alloy mesh of carbon 60/ trinium, titanium. Using nano-technology to produce carbon-60 nano-tubes which are woven into the trinium-titanium alloy. Thereby increasing the hull strength and making the armor less likely to suffer catastrophic failure.

Hull is coated with nano-solar panel, which supply only a limited amount of energy, used only for emergencies, to keep life-support going. This coating also allow a limited amount of energy weapon fire to be absorbed, it is not much but every little helps. This coating also absorbs much radar and other senor, thereby adding to the fighter stealth. (link to what i mean: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...arplastic.html)

Active camouflage: An earth based technology, one step shy of a full cloak. Due to the energy drain of full cloaks, active camouflage was chosen instead, couple with other stealth technologies aboard, it is nearly as effective as a full cloak.

The panels on the hull of the fighter, are manufactured in such a way that at the microscopic level the panel is not level, which causes active senor “beams” (i.e. like radar) to be scattered (like the skin of the f-117 but on a microscopic scale)

Dimensions:
    Beam: 11m
    Length: 18m

Power :
    Mark III Naquada Generator
    Emergency battery power.

Engines:
    Electro static propulsion based of Thomas Townsend Brown’s electrically charged flying disks. This engine doesn’t use fuel like conventional thruster, thereby freeing up space used by fuel storage, and reduces the overall weight of the fighter, which can be used for weapons payload. This engine system is used for acceleration and cruising
    Ion Engines, used for maneuvering based of Hebridan Ion drives. But are completely built from earth based materials and technology

Weapons:.
    -35mm coil-gun, mounted on nose of fighter controlled by pilot, the kinetic energy of the bullets from this cannon can match that of the death glider cannon as its mussel velocity is increased
    -25mm coil-gun mounted on a swivel arm on the undercarriage of the fighter, able to target enemies and the full 360’ (bit like the cannon on the apache)

-8 missile mounts, which can carter form various air to air missiles of varying yields (can be nuclear tipped)

Defenses:
    ECM
    Microware emitters to interfere in other fighter craft systems, and missiles systems

Other Technology:
    -Inertial Dampeners
    -Magnetic clamps
    -Subspace communication array

Other:
    Cockpit based ejection system- the whole of the cockpit section can be ejected from the rest of the craft, with self-contained life support.

Notes:
    Named after the historic plane that helped win the battle of Britain in WW2. It is capable of vertical take off and landing. This fighter is design to be built with earth based technologies and material barring the trinium. Which reduces earth’s reliance on other races.
    Arthur: O Knights of Ni. We have brought you your shrubbery. May we go now?
    Knight of Ni: Yes, it is a good shrubbery. I like the laurels particularly. But there is one small problem....
    Arthur: What is that?
    Knight of Ni: We are now no longer the Knights Who Say "Ni"!
    Other Knights of Ni: Ni! Shh! Shh!
    Knight of Ni: We are now the Knights who say "Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringmm".
    Other Knight of Ni: Ni!
    Knight of Ni: Therefore, we must give you a test.
    Arthur: What is this test, O Knights of..... Knights who 'til recently said "Ni"?
    Knight of Ni: Firstly, you must find.... ANOTHER SHRUBBERY!!!

Comment

Nice. i like the carbon nano-tube bits.
      for the rear gun it'd proable be best if it was mounted on the tail. if it was mounted on the undercarrige it couldn't cover the top half of the ship. If it was the tail it could cover the top and bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by hotshotalpha1 View Post
        Nice. i like the carbon nano-tube bits.
        for the rear gun it'd proable be best if it was mounted on the tail. if it was mounted on the undercarrige it couldn't cover the top half of the ship. If it was the tail it could cover the top and bottom.
        very true, maybe put one on top and one on the bottom, thereby covering all angles. (But i didn't want it to over burdened it with ammo)
        Arthur: O Knights of Ni. We have brought you your shrubbery. May we go now?
        Knight of Ni: Yes, it is a good shrubbery. I like the laurels particularly. But there is one small problem....
        Arthur: What is that?
        Knight of Ni: We are now no longer the Knights Who Say "Ni"!
        Other Knights of Ni: Ni! Shh! Shh!
        Knight of Ni: We are now the Knights who say "Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringmm".
        Other Knight of Ni: Ni!
        Knight of Ni: Therefore, we must give you a test.
        Arthur: What is this test, O Knights of..... Knights who 'til recently said "Ni"?
        Knight of Ni: Firstly, you must find.... ANOTHER SHRUBBERY!!!

Comment

you could do what the russians do with their chainguns. You could put maybe a 400round ammo pod on the same mounting as the cannon, thereby elimaniting any severe ammo handeling problems. Could reduce the calibre to 20mm to get more ammo, if you go for 2 guns.

Comment

ok guys and Gals this is the Swarm!

Spoiler:
            Swarm

No one knows where they came from or even their real name they are mystery as old as time itself all that is known of their history is that several millania ago they came and conquered the Red Devil galaxy, wiping out nearly all life and defeating one of the most advanced races ever to inhabit the stars...

That was many thousands of years ago but what of the present...

The Red Devil galaxy has approximately 30 times the volume of the MW and is the largest recorded galaxy by any of our advanced allies thought devoid of life and with only remours of a powerful and hostile race almost nothing is known. In reality the entire galaxy of hundreds of billions of stars is controlled by the swarm and has been since long before the ancients ever rose up amongst the stars.

The swarm are incredably hostile and pursue and threat to their surpremacy with ruthless and relentless vigor and by far their greatest asset it their numbers. With a fleet numbering in the millions fighting them is like trying to fight every insect on the planet earth. Most of their ships are small attack craft lightly armed with fewer cruisers and battleships for support - death by a thousand pins.

The Galaxy is so big it would take a standard Tau'ri ship over a month to traverse, the galaxy is broken up into 16 sections each one controlled by a seperate swarm fleet but each part of the whole they pursue their opponents without end as the Wandering Wolf discovered...

In 2039 the first outside ship in 300 years entered the Red Devil galaxy and brought down the wrath of the swarm on the entire MW. Suffering a hyperspace overload the Wandering Wolf was sent billions of light years to the far edge of the Red devil galaxy. They soon encountered the swarm who pursued the Wandering Wolf relentlessly for months without end, forced to fight a running battle almost without end the Wandering Wolf barely made it out in one piece somehow even with their superior hyperdrive technology the swarm were somehow able to match their every move...

After facing the Wandering Wolf the Swarm learned of a new advanced galaxy one which threatened their own and for the first time in many thousands of years the swarm departed their homes a set out accross the void destination the MW...

Technology:

Hyperspace Corridors - These corridors enable almost instantaneus travel accross the the galaxy, by configuring their Hyperspace generators the swarm ships are able to effortlessly move their fleets accross the galaxy in virtually no time at all...

Gravity well generator - These devices are deployed in a thousands of star systems. When a ship passes one in hyperspace it disrupts the hyperspace field pulling them from hyperspace and normally into the arms of a waiting swarm fleet. These litter the outskirts of the galaxy making escape and entry almost impossible.

Particle beam - The Swarm weapons. These fire a beam of barely coherent white energy of varrying yields. The weapons come in different sizes but all have certain properties which interfere with the shield matrix of ships they hit. This means that shields drain far faster than normal though the Asgard designed Tau'ri shields of the wandering wolf are able to resist this affect some what though not completely.

what do you guys and gals think then???
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

hmm i like the fact that they predate the ancients, i didnt want another enemy of the ancients, im getting bored of that. They look like they could be an interesting fight, especially if we have to fight against such overwhealming numbers.
              What about ground troops, you say they have millions of gunship/frigate type ships, but what about ground troops, what do they look like, humanoid, totally alien? inorganic?
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                ok guys and Gals this is the Swarm!

Spoiler:
                Swarm

No one knows where they came from or even their real name they are mystery as old as time itself all that is known of their history is that several millania ago they came and conquered the Red Devil galaxy, wiping out nearly all life and defeating one of the most advanced races ever to inhabit the stars...

That was many thousands of years ago but what of the present...

The Red Devil galaxy has approximately 30 times the volume of the MW and is the largest recorded galaxy by any of our advanced allies thought devoid of life and with only remours of a powerful and hostile race almost nothing is known. In reality the entire galaxy of hundreds of billions of stars is controlled by the swarm and has been since long before the ancients ever rose up amongst the stars.

The swarm are incredably hostile and pursue and threat to their surpremacy with ruthless and relentless vigor and by far their greatest asset it their numbers. With a fleet numbering in the millions fighting them is like trying to fight every insect on the planet earth. Most of their ships are small attack craft lightly armed with fewer cruisers and battleships for support - death by a thousand pins.

The Galaxy is so big it would take a standard Tau'ri ship over a month to traverse, the galaxy is broken up into 16 sections each one controlled by a seperate swarm fleet but each part of the whole they pursue their opponents without end as the Wandering Wolf discovered...

In 2039 the first outside ship in 300 years entered the Red Devil galaxy and brought down the wrath of the swarm on the entire MW. Suffering a hyperspace overload the Wandering Wolf was sent billions of light years to the far edge of the Red devil galaxy. They soon encountered the swarm who pursued the Wandering Wolf relentlessly for months without end, forced to fight a running battle almost without end the Wandering Wolf barely made it out in one piece somehow even with their superior hyperdrive technology the swarm were somehow able to match their every move...

After facing the Wandering Wolf the Swarm learned of a new advanced galaxy one which threatened their own and for the first time in many thousands of years the swarm departed their homes a set out accross the void destination the MW...

Technology:

Hyperspace Corridors - These corridors enable almost instantaneus travel accross the the galaxy, by configuring their Hyperspace generators the swarm ships are able to effortlessly move their fleets accross the galaxy in virtually no time at all...

Gravity well generator - These devices are deployed in a thousands of star systems. When a ship passes one in hyperspace it disrupts the hyperspace field pulling them from hyperspace and normally into the arms of a waiting swarm fleet. These litter the outskirts of the galaxy making escape and entry almost impossible.

Particle beam - The Swarm weapons. These fire a beam of barely coherent white energy of varrying yields. The weapons come in different sizes but all have certain properties which interfere with the shield matrix of ships they hit. This means that shields drain far faster than normal though the Asgard designed Tau'ri shields of the wandering wolf are able to resist this affect some what though not completely.

what do you guys and gals think then???

pretty cool. not to sure about the hyperspace corridors, I think I would stick to regular hyperspace.

Also its a good start to a mini series of the wandering wolf, whole I love that name.

Looking forward to seeing a modal of the ship. I choose a different name for the hyperssapce disruptors I was never fan of the name gravity well, I never liked the name. Hyperspace disruptor is a better name I think and would stop people from getting confuse.
                Also a slight a adjustment to the time line the wondering wolf would get back to the Milky before the Aschen and grace aliens wars, begin this way they can supply the pirates with technology which give them advantage against earth and other races ships and save their organisation, even if the captain did not give them technology one of his over ambitious crew could supply them with the technology. Then perhaps have swarm arrive in 2050 - 2060 as new power for us to fight.

But their you are we should leave this discussion until after fleets and are design.

But like where the story is going, a races older than ancients could be interesting.
                Last edited by knowles2; 27 November 2006, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                  hmm i like the fact that they predate the ancients, i didnt want another enemy of the ancients, im getting bored of that. They look like they could be an interesting fight, especially if we have to fight against such overwhealming numbers.
                  What about ground troops, you say they have millions of gunship/frigate type ships, but what about ground troops, what do they look like, humanoid, totally alien? inorganic?
                  thats a good question, erm i was think kind of humanoid shaped e.g. head, 2 arms and legs etc...but i picture them with a kind of metalic exoskelaton which looks kind of insecty kind of like this...

anything else you want to know?
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I want to no where you got that picture from. I do not recognize it.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                      I want to no where you got that picture from. I do not recognize it.
                      just saw it on the internet somewhere a few days ago, i was looking for weird aliens to base them off i think that one is from star trek...

Comment

The background suggest its from star trek voyager I just do not recognize the species. I guest it over to good old Google.

Comment

the race is actually called the Swarm lol

Comment

Ok decided to enter a fighter.

Spoiler:
                            http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=c23f778a5d756f6121d8bbc7146aaae6

the specs

Spoiler:

Specs
                            Length: 8m
                            Wingspan: 10m
                            Height: 2m
                            Volume: 160 cubic metres

Crew: 2

Material: Reinforced Aluminium-Trinium-Titanium

Power: Mark I Naquadah Mini-Generator

Engines:
                            1x Tau’ri Fighter Sublight Engine (capable of speeds up to 5% LS)
                            2x Booster Engines (for manoeuvrability and adding a further 3% to the top speed)
                            2x SCRAMjet engines for atmospheric manoeuvres (Top speed: Mach 50)

Shields:
                            None

Stealth:
                            Stealth Material

Armour:
                            1m Ionised Reinforced Aluminium

Weapons:
                            10x Naquadah Enhanced Cruise Missiles

Other:
                            Inertial Dampeners
                            Ejector system
                            Life Support for up to 24 hours

History of the X452

Design is based on the B-52 stealth bomber of the late 1990s and early 21st century (hence the 52 in the name)
                            Discussion about this model came up when debating what to replace the aging F-302 fleet with.
                            Uses sublight engines in space, and SCRAMjet engines in a planetary atmosphere.
                            Far more manoeuvrable then the F-302.
                            Designed by the British and American designers.
                            Uses naquadah enhanced versions of the old cruise missiles.
                            This a completely Tau’ri designed and built ship, no materials came from other sources.

Comment

I like thier look, they are kind like one of the concpet images Genesis did for the furlings...seriously.
                              I think these are a really cool enemy and i like the idea of a Wandering wolf miniseries. Man i love these thread, some of the ideas are really great, if only we got them on screen!
                              Anyways looking forward to more. also F_A about the Sig. i would like something thats says everything about what were about. The future of the tauri, our rise to power. So something with us at the begining and and us now, the asgard..i dunno jsut something that says that were in the future kinda thing...vague i know
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                                I like thier look, they are kind like one of the concpet images Genesis did for the furlings...seriously.
                                I think these are a really cool enemy and i like the idea of a Wandering wolf miniseries. Man i love these thread, some of the ideas are really great, if only we got them on screen!
                                Anyways looking forward to more. also F_A about the Sig. i would like something thats says everything about what were about. The future of the tauri, our rise to power. So something with us at the begining and and us now, the asgard..i dunno jsut something that says that were in the future kinda thing...vague i know
                                yeah the Wandering wolf miniseries is going to really delve into the Swarms routes as a prelude to war i've got sooo many ideas so it should be cool...

and F_A my idea for a sig would be 2 pictures one of a Tau'ri ship getting hammered maybe a pic from the lost city with the Prometheus getting hammered by Anubis's ubertak and another picture maybe the start of the camelot battle with all the allied ships firing together or Tau'ri ships generally kicking butt...with a caption...

if you get what i mean

Comment

Working...
                                X