No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it looks less like a school bus with wings...
    Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

Yeah i like it, it can be put in to the Running in the Transport craft. Iwill be adding my own craft to that Class too (the ATS/Atlantis combo)
      Last edited by immhotep; 11 November 2006, 02:14 PM.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by WTFOwned View Post
        I'd like to add the Asis to fleet
        (and if anyone needs a picture)
        Spoiler:

It is a cruiser, and a rather large one at that. 2400 feet long, that's ~750 meters.
        I hope this fleet is as good as the other one.
        I may add the Entropy ships to this one, but I only have a concept for one of them.

Edit: Stats are as follows:
        10 Heavy Rail Guns (500mm)
        Reverse engineered and reconstructed Asgard shield
        10 Nuclear weapons launchers (built into rail guns, only 10 nukes on board)
        Engines are 2 large Ion drives and 2 smaller secondary Ion drives.

Hull is an alloy of Trinium and Titanium
        Mark IV reactor

I like it. I can see elements of Human, Goa`uld and Asgard design in her...very good indeed.
        Looks like a power to contend with. I think this is a good start to the fleet.

Comment

The weird thing is that i always look at the Asis and think WOW very cool...i think it should be a battleship or atleast a battlecruiser. It looks like it should be very powerfull and impressive, its one of my all time favourate models from GW.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
            Right so bit bored so standard things ship should use that are submitted. There can be exceptions but need a good reason...

Ok running down the componants ships can use, open to revisement.

Standard componants:

Hull:
            ~Trinium/titanium
            ~Trinium/Naquadah/Carbon
            ~Titanium
            ~Naquadah
            ~Trinium
            ~Steel

Engines:
            ~Hebridan Ion drives
            ~Asgard hyperdrives
            ~Goauld Gravity drives
            ~Asgard chemical drives
            ~Human chemical thrusters

Power sources:
            Mark I - Origional
            Mark II - Second prototype 600% overload from origional
            Mark III - Second version made stable (even at 600% ) and suitable for full time use
            Mark IV - Third version but 3 times the Size, industrial scale Reactor, powers most Ships without any problem, most common
            Mark V - Smaller mark III reactor, extreamely efficient, powers smaller vessels and colonies.
            Mark VI - Large scale experimental Naquadriah reactor, able to power any ship without instability
            Mark VII - large scale Commercial reactor, used by private sector power conpanies after public revelation, 1reactor powers an entire mid sized town.
            Mark VIII - Industrial scale perfect reactor, only 1 ever built, able to power atlantis to 60% opimum power rate. So large a section of Pier b had to be rebuilt in order to fit it in.

Defences:
            ~Asgard shields
            ~Goauld shields
            ~Trinium plating
            ~Ablative trinium/titanium armour

Weapons:
            ~ Rail guns; Calibres 10-50 mm, 100mm, 250mm, 500mm
            ~ Coil guns; Calibres 10-50 mm, 100mm, 250mm, 500mm
            ~ Energy cannons; #Asgard energy weapons #Goauld Hatak cannon #Tollan Ion cannons

May need revisement and other bits and bobs added
            I too hope this fleet is as good as the other one

Chinese Gattling guns for defensive fire and mark V - XIII Naquada
            Enhanced Nuclear Weapons plus some sort of cloaking/active camouflage device and the "close-in" asgard shield.
            Maybe the tauri/asgard designed ion cannon or particle cannon.

Maybe instead of flooding the thread with random classed ships, we do what we did in v1.0 pick a class to vote on and anyone can email their submissions to someone in the thread (like freyr was in v1.0), probably either me or immhotep, unless freyr wants to do it again. We then submit the ships to a vote and we vote. I don't know if anyone agrees but instead of a elimination round type voting, we have one vote and the winner is the one with the most votes. 1 person, 1 vote and quicker too.

Comment

Here is my prologue to the 2nd fleet.

Post-Ori events of the Milky Way Galaxy

Spoiler:

After the defeat of the Ori, the rebuilding of the Milky Way races took many years. The free jaffa nation was in ruins, distraught at the loss of dakara. This meant a new capital had to be chosen: Of which the chosen planet was teal’c’s home: Chulak. He was voted in as leader of the jaffa and straight away signed a full alliance treaty with the Tau’ri and the nearly fully rebuilt Asgard. Together with the Tok’ra and the Nox, a new alliance was formed. This was the greatest alliance for 10,000 years.
              Although the Nox wouldn’t fight, their wisdom was their greatest strength. The Tok’ra brought their espionage as their strength to the alliance. The Asgard brought technology to the alliance. The Tau’ri brought tactical thinking to the alliance and the Jaffa brought brute strength to the alliance. For the first time in many millennia, the galaxy was at peace with each other. But, for how long? The Aschen were first encountered in 2001, they tried to steal our planet by giving us treatments that would cause infertility across the planet. Their plan was thwarted by SG1. However, sources tell us that during the Ori invasion, they laid low and built up a fleet of highly advanced ships. The Jaffa and the Tau’ri were the hardest hit by the Ori invasion and the rebuilding had taken many years. If the Aschen were to attack, our defences wouldn’t be able to withstand their fleet.
              By 2010, the whole world knew of the stargate program and the relative space warship program. While conflicts still arise on Earth, the amount and size of the conflicts are far lower than they use to be.
              This has meant that many countries have become far more involved in the program,
              In 2035, in a final showdown with the wraith, Earth’s population and fleet took a massive hit, losing 2 billion people in that final battle and countless Pegasus attack group ships. The ships were rebuilt at the shipyards above Atlantis and were upgraded with new high spec shields, engines, fighters and weapons. This left Earth with a very old and very worn fleet. A lot of these ships need to be decommissioned, but will not be decommissioned until a new fleet structure is established.
              After taking 5 years to rebuild the planet, Earth is now ready to start building ships again. All we need now are the designs for these new and improved ships…….

Comment

Yeah thats fine, not 100% about the nox being in the allience but i think it would happen, after the war with the Ori, or during we would need a serious band of fighters that were devoted to it and the races there are the ones id pick..not neccisarily the jaffa but the tokra, asgard, tauri, id like the serakkin too..
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

Well it's mainly with the jaffa because of Teal'c. The serrakin possibly could be there as well. I chose the Nox because of their will not to fight and one of the original 4 alliance races.

Comment

Fair enough, there is already an unoffical allience between the asgard, earth, jaffa, tokra, serakkin, kelownens. That was established during the last few years, S6-8 really showed that. So having the Humans take the role of the ancients and the jaffa/tokra replace the furlings would make sense if the asgard and Nox chose to reform the allience in the face of the Ori.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

hi guys, i haven't posted much in this thread yet due to my 1000th but i've been watching, and i agree with everything thats been said and the plans to move it forward...

Davidtourniquet the history is good, but i don't think the Asgard would be completely recovered in the space of 5 years, they were almost wiped out by genetic problems and the Reps plus they suffered heavily in the war with the Wraith and Reapers they won't be back to full strength for a while....everything else is great though it's believable and fits in well...

one other thing, i don't think the Aschen should be more advanced than the Asgard at least not in all area's afterall the asgard have been in space far longer...

how are we going to work out the Aschen fleet? and is there a place in the fleet for my Hades class??? lol
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                        Chinese Gattling guns for defensive fire and mark V - XIII Naquada
                        Enhanced Nuclear Weapons plus some sort of cloaking/active camouflage device and the "close-in" asgard shield.
                        Maybe the tauri/asgard designed ion cannon or particle cannon.

Maybe instead of flooding the thread with random classed ships, we do what we did in v1.0 pick a class to vote on and anyone can email their submissions to someone in the thread (like freyr was in v1.0), probably either me or immhotep, unless freyr wants to do it again. We then submit the ships to a vote and we vote. I don't know if anyone agrees but instead of a elimination round type voting, we have one vote and the winner is the one with the most votes. 1 person, 1 vote and quicker too.
                        sounds like a good idea
                        Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

yeah i agree with that, 1 round, 1 vote, most votes = ship in that role. Also i dont mind flooding the thread with ship designs, because my inbox in on 96% and dont have the room.
                          Also in the process of getting the ship designs in the thread we can also look at the histories and models and specs as a collective. I will post a ship class, then you can post whatever design you want to submit to get voted upon. Then after we get a few designs then we can vote for them. We can have the top three designs go in to another round if need be because there may be two or three really great designs for one class (fighter for example). I expect everyone to vote in each class/round.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                            hi guys, i haven't posted much in this thread yet due to my 1000th but i've been watching, and i agree with everything thats been said and the plans to move it forward...

Davidtourniquet the history is good, but i don't think the Asgard would be completely recovered in the space of 5 years, they were almost wiped out by genetic problems and the Reps plus they suffered heavily in the war with the Wraith and Reapers they won't be back to full strength for a while....everything else is great though it's believable and fits in well...

one other thing, i don't think the Aschen should be more advanced than the Asgard at least not in all area's afterall the asgard have been in space far longer...

how are we going to work out the Aschen fleet? and is there a place in the fleet for my Hades class??? lol
                            I meant rebuilt after the replicator arc. Then shipwise they took a dent in the wraith/alliance/reaper war.
                            Of course there is space in the fleet for the hades, providing it gets through the vote.
                            I agree I don't think the aschen will be as powerful as the asgard, but will at least we equal if not slightly more powerful than us.
                            About voting, I would like to start it as soon as possible. Maybe start with the orbital defence systems/space station. I have an empty inbox if people want to message me their designs and then we can get the ball rolling. The class will be split into 2 parts, space station and defence platform.
                            Last edited by Davidtourniquet; 12 November 2006, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Yeah i have to say that the asgard have already been given a new civilization, they are nearly all onbaord one cityship, the Valhalla, which is as powerful as atlantis and travels in a pattern throughout the MW, PG, and IDA galaxy as a mobile capitol. They are rebuilding their empire, but are not doing it in the conventional way. They are still working on the genetic problem which have plauged them for hundreds of years and will not actual kill them off in the time that we have been friends with them. they are a dying race but they are preparing to fight it out and focus on longevity, preseving their kind for as long as possible. Focusing on doing as much good and help as many poeple as they can before they are wiped out. The fact that 20% of the asgard population coexist in human settlements or aboard our ships in the Pegasus galaxy is sign of faith that the Asgard bleive that we are the future. The Aschen are meant to be rivals to the Emerging Tauri empire, they are technologically on par with us, with our technological level, which is at this point a balenced cocktail of advanced human, asgard and lower grade ancient technology. We are at this point in 2040 at about the level that the tollan were when we saw them last. We have been using ancient and Asgard technology for so long that while the origional technology may not be ours we certainly have the technological expertise required to both use and understand the technology.
                              The asgard ship wise have commited heavily in the Pegasus galaxy in the 25 years they have been fighting the wraith over 100 oniels have been lost, 5 times the number they origionally commited to the war. In additon to the number of ships Thor has used fighting and driving the Remaining Ori fleet out of the MW, they are running low on ships. They have got the Valhalla, and about 30 Oniels in Total. So while they have military strength this fleet shouldnt rely on them because they have given us enough. They helped with the wraith and in return we have bene given a fleet far superiour than any we could have developed on our own. We have got production facilities in the Pegasus galaxy and a new understanding of asgard technology. In essence the new fleet should be based on the fact that we dont need the asgard to provide their technology and fight with us. The amount of time we have spent studying and serving withthe technology means that we have learnt all that we need to. We can built our own ships, with asgard technology and not even need the asgard to provide the parts. Which means our fleet should focus on having Human/Asgard hybrid technology, rather than simply having Asgard technology latched on. Were in 2040 now, and we are a whole new race. its going to be fun to see how people's ships/models/ battles will reflect that
                              Last edited by immhotep; 12 November 2006, 08:30 AM.
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

reading the above I think we also the need the aschen to have a allied. I mean we got the asguard and the possible the jaffa. May be we should give them two allies, one as powerful as the asguard and one equal to the jaffa. Just one suggestion may the weaker one should be the the aliens in foothold would be a good one.
                                Last edited by knowles2; 21 July 2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X