Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
    Well..in Star Wars they use solar ionization reactors, which are miniature suns. Or they could have a powersource like that sun thing in spiderman 2. xD The solar flare weapons is a little..lame sounding. Just have the power source powering some plasma firing weapon. I also the think the ZPE firing gun is kinda lame. I don't have a really high understanding of that kind of crap..but I'm not sure it would be very effective.
    Plasma weapons sound lame, as does Solar flare guns the concept is pretty ridiculas...

and Z.P.E weapons would be very effective...

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
    No im sorry but having a technolgy which store plasma produced in mini solar flares( their fusion reactors) and then firing that plasma is much, much less fanwank than taking energy from another layer of our subspace, which we know produces exotic particles and destroys entire solar systems because it was the basis for the Arcturis project.

Asgard use some kind of Plasma pulse based technology, either Ion based or Naquadah based (that IMO is the difference, the power source). the goauld use Naquadah which produced a golden bolt, the Asgard use Ion plasma (from thier Neutrino Ion generators)..its just like using spent fuel from a nuclear reactors to armour tanks.
    If they use a Hydrogen fusion reactor, which any race in SG would be able to do, including us at this point (i think carter has said that the N.G is a fusion reactor) then the spent fuel would be the plasma ejected in solar flares, which could be caught by a beaming technolgy of some kind and repositioned in a chamber, which stores the ejected plasma; maybe even in a buffer like the stargates do, not actually remateriallising it until the guns fire.

I totally disagree with ZPE, its so fanwank that it makes and Ori warship look like a tug boat.

PS knowles ive add your ship to the voting.
    If fusion reactors are so powerful why do non of the advanced races use them? Fusion reactor are pathetic in Stargate and they'd need to be huge to produce the power neccessary probably too large for the ship and even so i doubt they could be used in that way...

We have Z.P.Ms don't we? and in the episode Mckay and Mrs millar
    Spoiler:
    we found we could take Z.P.E from other parralel universes meaning that the exotic particles get left in their universe

the powersource doesn't affect the gun type, adding an neutrino generator to a ha'ak would still make golden bolts...

how do you know the asgard use plasma based tech?

Z.P.E fanwank??? i's already been esablished as a powersource for the most advanced races the Ori probably use it...

even if we don't use Z.P.E, we won't be using solar flares instead it's silly IMO
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
      Plasma weapons sound lame, as does Solar flare guns the concept is pretty ridiculas...

and Z.P.E weapons would be very effective...
      That's what the Goa'uld use. -_- ZPE guns and solar flare guns are both fankwankish as hell. Like I was telling immhotep, instead of getting all complicated, say they have "energy weapons" and be done with it.

If fusion reactors are so powerful why do non of the advanced races use them? Fusion reactor are pathetic in Stargate and they'd need to be huge to produce the power neccessary probably too large for the ship and even so i doubt they could be used in that way...
      Fusion reactors are pretty much suns. We don't even have them yet.

Someone with a good understanding of science and crap needs to start postin here. Most of the science in this thread is probably flawed.

Comment

Im going to end this buba, were just going to large energy weapons, because if we go any deeper in to this were going to flame. And i really dont want to flame, a) because i love this thread b) because your one of my favoruate poeple on GW c) i havent flamed for ages
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Im going to end this buba, were just going to large energy weapons, because if we go any deeper in to this were going to flame. And i really dont want to flame, a) because i love this thread b) because your one of my favoruate poeple on GW c) i havent flamed for ages
          ok mate you're right, i like you an there's no point falling out over something so petty...so large energy weapons it is, though i prefer the term High powered energy weapons lol

Edit: i vote for Immhotep's Atlantis/ ATS combo...

and i'm still working on the pirate fleet i thought i'd write down their rough specs

Raider

Size about

80-100m long
          60m wide
          20m high

Defenses

Earth designed shields

Weapons

2 500mm coil guns both forward
          4 Alkesh canons all forward
          4 Forward missile tubes capable of launched 4 missiles each at a time with 16 nukes between them

Missiles are nukes, enhanced by naquadah though usually raw and unrefined

thats a rough idea...
          Last edited by Buba uognarf; 24 November 2006, 02:40 PM.
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

so do i. now you cant argue! Grr. children
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

so do i. now you cant argue! Grr. children
              lol ...cool so we're sorted, what class is after this one?

Comment

I say we should do the fighter class nexts.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  I say we should do the fighter class nexts.
                  Yeah fighter would make the most sence,
                  Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_arbiter View Post
                    Yeah fighter would make the most sence,
                    yeah i agree aswell

btw my Pirate raider is coming along well, it may be posted by tonight...if not tommorrow

Comment

i forgot, yes fighter is the next in line, and im not entering but i might help zake out cos he has a model but is bad with specs in his opinion, i think hes just lazy
                      Im going to be in sketchup for most of the afternoon so i might work up a design for the grace cruisers...
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

i forgot, yes fighter is the next in line, and im not entering but i might help zake out cos he has a model but is bad with specs in his opinion, i think hes just lazy
                        Im going to be in sketchup for most of the afternoon so i might work up a design for the grace cruisers...
                        cool, do you know what kind of look you're going for with the cruisers?

Comment

this is really crap..
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

this is really crap..
                            lol, it's alright...but i was think of something sleeker looking...

i'd do a ship which is relatively flat, it'll look more advanced and menacing...

Comment

ok
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

ok
                                cool mate, i'm sure it'll look great

this a picture of my pirate raider, it's still got a bit of a way to go yet...

what do you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X