Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
    No they are thier battleships, did you see the size of that thing, its the biggest ship ever seen in SG. Its bigger than the Oneil and the OWS. Did you see the size of the guns! thats not a cruiser lol, thats a battleships with a kickass weapons system. I want to flesh them out a bit in terms of technology and the structure of the race and their motives etc but i think the basics are there for a great enemy. I wish that grace aliens had become the main S10 enemy, they are jsut so much more mysterious and cooler than the Ori, thats why i wanted to use them, i loved that ship, its my favourate one ever.
    I understand that the ship is really impressive i like it too, but it's not the biggest ship in the SGverse hive ships and city ships are signicantly larger it's actually about the size of an Oneill roughly...

i have ideas for some technology aswell...

the reason i said cruiser is because i want to make them really impressive and them to have even larger ships, i see that ship as their standard warship but i want them to have even larger ships as well...

Knowles i like some aspects of what you wrote but i'd rather keep to my own in other areas if it's all the same, and i don't think they'd have fighters doesn't seem like their style they're supposed to be few in number...

i'll modify the history later, it's only a first draft afterall
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

My race..the Joten. Had the name first.

When the Asgard first became aware that the Goa'uld were taking over planets in the Milky Way, many Asgard believed that the Goa'uld could one day become a threat to peace in that galaxy, and even the Asgard themselves. They pressured the High Council to deal with the Goa'uld in a more offensive way. In their arrogance, the highcouncil didn't believe the Goa'uld could ever become a threat, and thought that a war with Goa'uld would be a waste of their time. They started the protected planets treaty with the Goa'uld. As the Goa'ulds power continued to increase, more Asgard began to support a more offensive policy when dealing with them, believing the current defensive way of dealing with them was not enough. Some wanted full scale war. These Asgard assembled themselves into a group called the Joten, with their mission being to do whatever they could to stop the Goa'uld from expanding their power. As time when on, the Joten became more popular, gaining supporters in the Asgard military. Many Joten doubted the High councils ability to effectively govern the Asgard, and thought they should be the ones in control of the government. After building up their forces, and gaining the support of 60% of those in the Asgard military, they attempted a coup. The High Council labeled the Joten as traitors, and began mass killings of their supporters. Not even civilians who labeled themselves as Joten, but had nothing to do with the coup, were spared. After years of fighting, the Joten were eventually defeated, and escaped with a fleet of 20 ships to an unknown galaxy. (The war was one of the darkest moments in Asgard history. The battle became known as Ragnarok to the primitive human worlds believing the Asgard to be gods. The Asgard described the Joten as hideous, savage giants.) When the Joten arrived in their new galaxy, the established their knew homeworld, Jotenheimr, and began to reconstruct their society. After many years, the Joten had established their own small empire, posing as gods to the intelligent species that evolved in the galaxy. While their Asgard brothers fought problems from cloning, the replicators, and the Goa'uld, the Joten galaxy remained peaceful, and the Joten began to advance at a high rate. Knowing the problems associated with cloning, and that they only had a small population, they began working on Android bodies that would be invulnerable to disease and not fragile like their current ones. The androids were made to resemble the Asgard before they began to manipulate their DNA, and were made to be extremely strong and durable. The majority of the Joten had their conciousness implanted into these androids. With no threats and a high rate of advancement, the Joten created many new technologies. Their ships are larger, more powerful, and more numerous than the Asgard O'neills, and are equipped with many advanced technologies, such as stealth generators, extremely powerful shielding, and gravity well generators. Their empire spans the entire galaxy that they currently reside in, and until the arrival of the Ori, they had thought themselves to be the most advanced race since the Ancients.

Me an Immhotep are talking about them. Not sure what will be changed, but they are gonna be an Ally of the Aschen.
      Last edited by ZakeD; 22 November 2006, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:

Maybe someone will remember this. Their main ship, the Naglfar class.

Comment

BTW ive tried modelling the Grace ship, i think its gone ok, no detailing or textures yet..if you want to improve or look you cna get it here:
          http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...b173a5c9316eb9
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

BTW ive tried modelling the Grace ship, i think its gone ok, no detailing or textures yet..if you want to improve or look you cna get it here:
            http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...b173a5c9316eb9
            now that is a cool ship!!!!!
            Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

i was rather chuffed!
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

well done immhotep! it's a good representation and it's a hard model to do...IOW lots of green lol...

as for the Joten, i don't know if the Aschen should have sooo many advanced allies it's getting a bit silly we'd never be able to defeat them...
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

GRR ive just spent ages tell zake we wanted them as an enemy lol! someone figure it out..you and zake have both said youd give me green in the space of 3minutes...i feel so loved
                  Also i need more designs, theres only 2/3 so far, so get them in ASAP forthe transport class.
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

GRR ive just spent ages tell zake we wanted them as an enemy lol! someone figure it out..
                    Also i need more designs, theres only 2/3 so far, so get them in ASAP forthe transport class.
                    lol...sorry i just think the Aschen, the grace aliens and the Joten is going to be far too much especially as 2 of the races are more powerful then our greatest enemy...there is no way we could beat all 3...we need to decide what enemies we want cause otherwise it's going to get ridiculas...

Comment

So..since Immhotep signed off, I'm gonna post what's going on.

The Aschen are at war with Earth. The war and the two powers massive expansion is forcing the GA(grace aliens) to expand their territory because of overcrowding. So they are pushing into the galaxy known as the void that the Joten had escaped too (It's between Pegasus and the MW) after their attempted coup. After taking the void, they plan to push into Ida. So the Joten and Asgard are fighting the GA, the Aschen are fighting Earth, the GA are helping the Aschen because they want the Aschen-Earth war to stop, and the Joten and Asgard are helping Earth because they also wanna end the war. Sometime near the end of this the Joten are gonna reunite with the Asgard, then the Asgard will be strong as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
                        So..since Immhotep signed off, I'm gonna post what's going on.

The Aschen are at war with Earth. The war and the two powers massive expansion is forcing the GA(grace aliens) to expand their territory because of overcrowding. So they are pushing into the galaxy known as the void that the Joten had escaped too (It's between Pegasus and the MW) after their attempted coup. After taking the void, they plan to push into Ida. So the Joten and Asgard are fighting the GA, the Aschen are fighting Earth, the GA are helping the Aschen because they want the Aschen-Earth war to stop, and the Joten and Asgard are helping Earth because they also wanna end the war. Sometime near the end of this the Joten are gonna reunite with the Asgard, then the Asgard will be strong as ever.
                        like i said in the convo, i haven't agreed with any of it!!! i have as much say as anyone so don't ignore my comments...i am not happy with the Grace aliens expanding into the void...and i will continue to argue until you start to pay attention to what i'm saying

Comment

personally three enemies is a few to many. Also I did not like the Jotan idea.

Personally I think we should keep the battle combine as much as possible to the Milkyway. Perhaps have the Grace aliens behind the scenes, planning and manipulating other races. May be have the aschen at the center of their plans.

Then may be bring in other miner threats, ones which we perhaps could have a one of enemy, or someone who works in a different way.
                          May be the aliens, which use holographic technology,updated with the grace aliens technology, so the interference frequency Samantha discovered is no longer a threat, this would give greater range of tactics our enemies could use against us.

Also perhaps have them also working with other enemies, may be even the Gould or the Lucian alliance.

Instead of having couple of super enemies, have lots of minor threat and that are organizing together being control for a single purpose.

Then we could have this purpose discovered over time, during the battles. Having the grace aliens revealing them selfs only when it is neccessary or need to press a advantage.

I just think also we could perhaps create a couple more friends for the milky way, now their effectively no one controlling the galaxy, I reckon more aliens would start popping up.

This just what I think the virtue fleet should be like We should try to make the battles more dynamic and more surprises and try to avoid overpowering aliens.

I was also thinking about perhaps we could include the tok'ra. It been a while since the we defeated the gould, their population is slowly growing after they manage to create a new queen for their kind. Perhaps someone could design a capital vessel for them. I might do it over Christmas where I will most likely have plenty of time to focus on modeling and coming up with ideas. Also perhaps we could have hyberians come into play, they recovered from the ori and started to expand the economic influence in the galaxy.

And the the ree'tau, a pretty powerful race their, we have not been told a lot about them. these could be just race who are watching on, monitoring the war, and trying not get envolve, may be we could include their rebels some how perhaps they do not like the way we have been taking over the galaxy.

I just saying we should expand on some of the current species, and introduce new ones but try to stay with in the galaxy as much as possible, and try to keep most of the races near to our level of technology or just a bit further ahead.

I will be designing probably over Christmas holidays new ships for the Gould and a shipped for the tok'ra.

Tonight I have figure how to make the wings of grace vessel. Now its just he rest of the body to figure out how to do. But I think I should get most of it done, eventually looking pretty much like the grace vessel we saw on the screen or some where near it. Still working out how to make descent textures and so fourth in maya, getting their.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                            like i said in the convo, i haven't agreed with any of it!!! i have as much say as anyone so don't ignore my comments...i am not happy with the Grace aliens expanding into the void...and i will continue to argue until you start to pay attention to what i'm saying
                            Dude, calm down. I was on ebuddy and experiencing errors with the conference. For some reason I got none of your messages whatsoever. I thought you left the room. PM me your MSN thing. As for you having as much say..you have more than me.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              personally three enemies is a few to many. Also I did not like the Jotan idea.
                              My Joten? Aww..why not? xD

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              Personally I think we should keep the battle combine as much as possible to the Milkyway. Perhaps have the Grace aliens behind the scenes, planning and manipulating other races. May be have the aschen at the center of their plans.

Then may be bring in other miner threats, ones which we perhaps could have a one of enemy, or someone who works in a different way.
                              May be the aliens, which use holographic technology,updated with the grace aliens technology, so the interference frequency Samantha discovered is no longer a threat, this would give greater range of tactics our enemies could use against us.

Also perhaps have them also working with other enemies, may be even the Gould or the Lucian alliance.

Instead of having couple of super enemies, have lots of minor threat and that are organizing together being control for a single purpose.

Then we could have this purpose discovered over time, during the battles. Having the grace aliens revealing them selfs only when it is neccessary or need to press a advantage.

I just think also we could perhaps create a couple more friends for the milky way, now their effectively no one controlling the galaxy, I reckon more aliens would start popping up.

This just what I think the virtue fleet should be like We should try to make the battles more dynamic and more surprises and try to avoid overpowering aliens.

I was also thinking about perhaps we could include the tok'ra. It been a while since the we defeated the gould, their population is slowly growing after they manage to create a new queen for their kind. Perhaps someone could design a capital vessel for them. I might do it over Christmas where I will most likely have plenty of time to focus on modeling and coming up with ideas. Also perhaps we could have hyberians come into play, they recovered from the ori and started to expand the economic influence in the galaxy.

And the the ree'tau, a pretty powerful race their, we have not been told a lot about them. these could be just race who are watching on, monitoring the war, and trying not get envolve, may be we could include their rebels some how perhaps they do not like the way we have been taking over the galaxy.

I just saying we should expand on some of the current species, and introduce new ones but try to stay with in the galaxy as much as possible, and try to keep most of the races near to our level of technology or just a bit further ahead.

I will be designing probably over Christmas holidays new ships for the Gould and a shipped for the tok'ra.

Tonight I have figure how to make the wings of grace vessel. Now its just he rest of the body to figure out how to do. But I think I should get most of it done, eventually looking pretty much like the grace vessel we saw on the screen or some where near it. Still working out how to make descent textures and so fourth in maya, getting their.
                              Why new ships for the Goa'uld? They would be like..totally whiped out by now more than likely.

Comment

Anyway..here is the carrier I'm submitting whenever we vote for carriers. Felt like posting some pics..
                                Spoiler:

And here it is next to last GW fleets carrier, the Columbia, its predecessor. The new one is called Challenger.
                                Spoiler:
                                Last edited by ZakeD; 22 November 2006, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X