This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intergalactic Bridge And Jumpers in the return

Ok when a jumper goes through the bridge from atlantis and it comes out the gate grand but how does it dial an address in the milky way galaxy when all the symbols on the jumper dial are from the pegasus Galaxy??
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
    Ok when a jumper goes through the bridge from atlantis and it comes out the gate grand but how does it dial an address in the milky way galaxy when all the symbols are from the pegasus Galaxy??
    It doesn't, it uses a macro that sends a signal to one gate in the pegasus network that tells it to forward it to the next...and the next and the next and the next.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
      It doesn't, it uses a macro that sends a signal to one gate in the pegasus network that tells it to forward it to the next...and the next and the next and the next.
      Remember the jumper exits at the midway station and dials earth....but how does it do that cos it would be a 7 symbol address and the one from atlantis wouldn't work and actually what point of origin does it use???
      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
        Remember the jumper exits at the midway station and dials earth....but how does it do that cos it would be a 7 symbol address and the one from atlantis wouldn't work and actually what point of origin does it use???
        Intresting. Remeber in the last episode of SGA?
        Spoiler:
        Shep and team steal the jummper and dial, from the SGC, the bridge, from the PJ.

How did that work?
        Oh, believe me its not the first time we tried it
        I shot him...

in the leg...
        I'm invulnerable!
        Spoiler:
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten.
        http://www.aviationexplorer.com/airc...ft_carrier.jpgUSN

Comment

It has everything to do with that Macro I think. Maybe it provides the address without actual "dialing" anyting.

Afterall, if you're able to tell the Gate to dial a coordinate, then it doesn't matter if you do it through a DHD, a computer, or a phone call.

Comment

Just thought I'd mention that there are a couple of threads on this topic already. Not to be a nag. To keep the number of threads on the same topic down to a minimum, it helps to use the search function. On the other hand, I'm sure we're all guilty of making repeat threads at some point or another.
            The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
            Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
            My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
            Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

hrmm..that makes sense..cause the jumper would use symbols based off constellations in the pegasus galaxy so you would assume it would have a different keyboard to punch than the milky way galaxy.....interesting..

Gelasius

Comment

the symbols in both galaxies still can be used to dial each other. it's about the stars.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                pps = power per second
                The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                xfire = zpm
                [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                http://m2kclan.com
                vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                port: 3785
                P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Maybe they used the DHD from the time jumper to determine where each symbol is and which symbol replaces it on the PG Jumpers.

So the Jumper determines that it is trying to dial a Milky Way Stargate and so it converts itself to dialling MW symbols. Even though the symbols on the DHD itself don`t change, when you press a Pegasus symbol it correlates to a MW symbol.

So you press the button at position 1 of the DHD which shows a PG symbol and it will enter the MW symbol Cetus, position 2 is MW symbol Leo, and so on and so forth.

So the person dialling just needs to know which PG symbol correlates to which MW symbol and they are away.

Apologise if i`m not explaining this too well, it makes it more difficult as we don`t know the names of any of the Pegasus symbols.

Although don`t ask me how the jumper knows it is dialling a MW gate when there is also a Pegasus gate in the near vicinity.

Guess this is just one of those unexplained things that will be theorised about until the end of time!

Comment

Perhaps they included the software of a pegasus dhd in the macro, kindof like emulating Windows XP on Linux so you can still play Half-Life 2.

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver View Post
                      Perhaps they included the software of a pegasus dhd in the macro, kindof like emulating Windows XP on Linux so you can still play Half-Life 2.
                      LOL

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                      pps = power per second
                      The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                      xfire = zpm
                      [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                      http://m2kclan.com
                      vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                      port: 3785
                      P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                      halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                      Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

just ot add to your post mayby the jumpers also change the symbols on the button to the mw system
                        i mean the acciants as advaced as they are should be able to desgin a button that can change the symbol on it
                        something like the qled keyboard that they are building

Comment

Originally posted by Xeon_1 View Post
                          just ot add to your post mayby the jumpers also change the symbols on the button to the mw system
                          i mean the acciants as advaced as they are should be able to desgin a button that can change the symbol on it
                          something like the qled keyboard that they are building
                          Actually, that keyboard won't be coming out any time soon...they recently got ONE key working...but anywho...

In the return - Pt. 1, I remember seeing a dialing computer actually in the Jumper...wait...i have proof!!! Proof captured directly from iTunes!

This image is actually from a scene where the atlantis team is inside the Jumper (after zatting Siler, if anyone remembers). Okay, yeah...so...that's how it's done...there's a dialing computer for the MW galaxy on the Jumper.

Spoiler:
                          Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                          Check out my Flickr

Comment

McKay added a macro to the dialing progam, so that would suggest that it is possible to re-write the dialing program and exchange the pegasus symbols for the symbols that are used in the milky way.

Or maybe the jumper DHD links into the correlative update that the gate network uses, although the SGC computers doesn't update doesn't mean that if you add an Ancient designed DHD to the gate it wont do the same.

Although it seems that the symbol on the Jumper DHD are printed to the buttons so they would look the same. You could also say that the macro is activated by using a certain combination and that is used to do the jump to midway and another combination to travel the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
                              Actually, that keyboard won't be coming out any time soon...they recently got ONE key working...but anywho...

In the return - Pt. 1, I remember seeing a dialing computer actually in the Jumper...wait...i have proof!!! Proof captured directly from iTunes!

This image is actually from a scene where the atlantis team is inside the Jumper (after zatting Siler, if anyone remembers). Okay, yeah...so...that's how it's done...there's a dialing computer for the MW galaxy on the Jumper.

Spoiler:
                              That monitor is outside the Jumper.
                              Don`t forget the SGC seems to have dialling screens like that dotted all around the base, mainly in labs, observation rooms, offices, etc. So that might just be another dialling status monitor for the Earth Stargate.

Comment

Working...
                              X