This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 back in Scifi Friday line up

So, Stargate fans aren't the only people to noticve something is wrong with the ratings for the entire channel?

Stargate Solutions

Interesting....
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Got this here

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=705

Are Scifi admitting they were wrong?

Come and visit the Daniel/ Vala Forum

SAVE SG-1 CLICK HERE TO SIGN PETITION

Comment

Funny how SciFi now admits BSG's ratings are sucky, and they are putting it back with SG1. . .even if it is reruns. Will be interesting to see how the ratings improve.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

funny too how it's season 8 and not that bunk from season 9 they touted oh so highly. Guess they saw how S8 fared in the ratings versus S9 and decided that the classic, original SG-1 was the way to garner the ratings and boost BSG.

Comment

Originally posted by BPC View Post
          funny too how it's season 8 and not that bunk from season 9 they touted oh so highly. Guess they saw how S8 fared in the ratings versus S9 and decided that the classic, original SG-1 was the way to garner the ratings and boost BSG.
          While I agree they prolly chose season 8 because it's the highest rated one (and because they haven't shown it to death on Stargate Mondays) it was my understanding that as long as season 9 is syndicated, they're not allowed to air it... Could be wrong, the entire US TV system usually keeps me confused.
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

maybe that is an issue but then again I could say the same thing about their highly touted "new show" from Season 10 that Roobert Cooper and his posse all couldn't say enough about and the only change would be to say "that utter, dismal bunk from Season 10" which didn't fare any better then BSG so why not go with the proven winner and use the original, classic, real Stargate SG-1 when it was Stargate SG-1 and a good show that actually drew good ratings for a small, niche cable channel to help boost BSG.

Comment

I really doubt Scifi will admit they are wrong, however their actions do seem to suggest they aren't as stupid as we'd like to believe. By returning SG1 to it's original slots on friday, they do seem to be acknowledging the fact they are stupid, but they are trying to fix their mistakes.

However, I don't really see how reruns help. Maybe if they did all new SG1, Atlantis and BSG then ratings would completely change around, but i'm not sure many people would spend a friday night in just to watch a rerun of SG1 even if BSG is new.

Hopefully they will return things, but I don't see it helping all that much until new SG1 and Atlantis are put together with new BSG. Here's hoping it works.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by michey View Post
                Got this here

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=705

Are Scifi admitting they were wrong?
                That's the first good news we've had in weeks! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Yeah, but season 8?

Comment

I don't see how this could possibly improve BSG ratings.....it's a season that has been repeated over. and over. and over. and over yet again. Strikes me only as something that would keep the viewer around after the BSG episode, not get more viewers to watch BSG first. Seems more like just a regular schedule switch- what was in that time-slot before?

Comment

It makes sense with Season 8 ratings being good.I still do not understand this talk about SG-1 ratings being affected since it's no longer with BSG.The ratings for SG-1 and Atlantis were not good when airing with BSG.IMO putting SG-1 and Atlantis back with BSG is not the miracle cure some think it will be.

Comment

With BSG ratings below the level that th SCI-FI Channel droped SG1 for it is no wonder they are puttinf reruns of season 8 back on friday nights. Looks like they are getting a message from SG1 fans in their ratings.
                        You cant cook a CROW and make it taste better it is still CROW. Trying to get on shows ratings up by using one that they killed...To coin a phrase from Capt. Kirk in Star Trek The Wrath of Conn, We are laughing at the SCI-FI and NBC's intelict. !!!!

Comment

I don't see why this thread warrents bashing of anything SG1, but I guess that's just me.

Anyway, good to know SciFi is seemingly sweating...hopefully it'll die of dehydration soon.

Comment

I still not going to watch BSG. I'll turn on the channel to watch SG-1 and then disappear into the night when it's over.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GMTalkingdeer View Post
                              With BSG ratings below the level that th SCI-FI Channel droped SG1 for it is no wonder they are puttinf reruns of season 8 back on friday nights. Looks like they are getting a message from SG1 fans in their ratings.
                              You cant cook a CROW and make it taste better it is still CROW. Trying to get on shows ratings up by using one that they killed...To coin a phrase from Capt. Kirk in Star Trek The Wrath of Conn, We are laughing at the SCI-FI and NBC's intelict. !!!!
                              A better line from Wraith of Khan discribing SCIFI is "Revenge is a dish best served cold". Bravo Stargate fans!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X