This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poisoning the Well

Ok, there was a drug developed that stoped the wraith from feeding on the person that took said drug, however the people that took the drug only 50% survived it, so.....

Why dont they give every human they come across the drug and use it as a "suicide pill" that is to say when captured by the wraith "pop the pill",

if it kills what harm?, you are going to die any way so why not!!

or if it works you stop the wraith feeding and kill the wraith that attempted to feed, if they cant feed they die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WIN WIN !!!!

Why not stick the drug in a dart and fire it at the wraith, or creat a virus that is based on the protein the drug is based and infect the wraith.

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED TRY DOING IT THE WAY YOU WERE TOLD!!!!
    Last edited by flsghujslkuo; 30 August 2004, 01:31 AM.

Mainly because they won't be carrying the drug with them EVERYWHERE they go. They are too thick to fire it in a dart because they are obbsesed with injecting it into themselfs and it would be difficult to fire it and make sure it got into the wraiths bloodstream. Anyway I doubt if anyone injected with it is still alive.....some people would die quickly, for others it would take longer, never the less they would die.
    Wier: Nice work Rodney!
    McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
    Wier: Yes, several times....
    [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

Im talking about the atlantis people, sheperd etc. that they give to people on worlds they visit. And people take it when captured

Comment

The point is not to let Wraith know the pill works. Once they knew it exist, they will concentrate their forces and wipe us out instead of feeding.

Humans need time to prepare for Wraith's attack, the pill will hasten the Wraith's advance and we are not ready yet.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

Why not try spraying it on the wraith directly?

Another way might be to go with a "patch" for humans to put on their chest when they go to Wraithville. (Naturally the side that adheres to the human would not be pourous so as to not be absorbed.)

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Spraying it on the Wraith might not work because the chemical fusion only mutated when the Wraith tried to feed. Get it on his hand and you might have a chance to kill it WHEN IT FEEDS, not when it is shooting you down.

Comment

Originally posted by waz
              Mainly because they won't be carrying the drug with them EVERYWHERE they go. They are too thick to fire it in a dart because they are obbsesed with injecting it into themselfs and it would be difficult to fire it and make sure it got into the wraiths bloodstream. Anyway I doubt if anyone injected with it is still alive.....some people would die quickly, for others it would take longer, never the less they would die.
              I agree. They seem to have some sort of marytr complex going on here.

Comment

There's an official episode discussion thread where this conversation would be much more appropriate. Saves the clutter and confusion.

Comment

Liar. :O

That thread is tired and old... Besides, there's just too much going on in those threads to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by flsghujslkuo
                    Ok, there was a drug developed that stoped the wraith from feeding on the person that took said drug, however the people that took the drug only 50% survived it, so.....

Why dont they give every human they come across the drug and use it as a "suicide pill" that is to say when captured by the wraith "pop the pill",

if it kills what harm?, you are going to die any way so why not!!

or if it works you stop the wraith feeding and kill the wraith that attempted to feed, if they cant feed they die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WIN WIN !!!!

Why not stick the drug in a dart and fire it at the wraith, or creat a virus that is based on the protein the drug is based and infect the wraith.

Actually good point (the 2nd one). Why not shoot them with that "poison". They have used such a tehniques in SG-1 before (poison darts)...

Comment

Originally posted by 220683
                      The point is not to let Wraith know the pill works. Once they knew it exist, they will concentrate their forces and wipe us out instead of feeding.

Humans need time to prepare for Wraith's attack, the pill will hasten the Wraith's advance and we are not ready yet.
                      Or just make antipoison for it as they said in movie Darn this kills my recent post lol

Comment

Originally posted by HaTak
                        Actually good point (the 2nd one). Why not shoot them with that "poison". They have used such a tehniques in SG-1 before (poison darts)...
                        Too many biological variables. We know that feeding off one particular patient (who had another unspecified disease) who had taken the drug killed one particular wraith. There is no evidence that delivering it by any other means would kill the Wraiths, and we aren't even sure that there wasn't something particular about either Snack or Steve that caused the reaction.

Comment

Seems to me that the potential of the drug is too much to just ignore. The SGA should procure another Wraith (through the same means as last time) and begin testing various approaches to delivering the drug. The expeditionary team needs to cease thinking of the Wraith as anything more than a virus that you've got and wanna get rid of. If they keep letting their human morality towards a being that is solely concerned with wiping them out get in the way they're gonna end up being Wraith food and may even give them access to Earth (although this would set up a potential Asgard vs. Wraith matchup that would be very entertaining ).

Comment

Originally posted by TheAncientOne
                            The expeditionary team needs to cease thinking of the Wraith as anything more than a virus that you've got and wanna get rid of. If they keep letting their human morality towards a being that is solely concerned with wiping them out get in the way they're gonna end up being Wraith food and may even give them access to Earth (although this would set up a potential Asgard vs. Wraith matchup that would be very entertaining ).
                            I just want to point out that as someone who studies modern german history, I find that statement.... really quite disturbingly familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                              I just want to point out that as someone who studies modern german history, I find that statement.... really quite disturbingly familiar.
                              As someone who had family members die and lose limbs to stop the Germans I'm offended that you would contrast an alien race who feeds on humans in a science fiction show with Jews, Gypsies and other minorities in Europe during the middle part of this century.

Even if you were to place the Wraith within the context of the real world there is no comparison between them and the victims of the Nazis. The Nazi organization systematically eliminated innocent people within their own society simply because they viewed them as inferior. The Wraith, were they real and were it possible to exterminate them would be killed because none of them is innocent, every single one has survived by feeding on (i.e. murdering) humans. Therefore, they are all at the least guilty of murder and the worst guilty of genocide. We can debate the merits of the death penalty (something that I am opposed to) but in the case it seems to me that it would be justified since they require human sacrifice to live and the alternative to execution would be starvation. Whichever is less painful would be appropriate as such.
                              Last edited by TheAncientOne; 30 August 2004, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X