Daedalus landing on Atlantis (question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus landing on Atlantis (question)

When the Daedalus lands on Atlantis, I noticed the appearance of water right on the bottom of the forward section of the ship. My question, does Daedalus actually land on the city, or in the water next to the piers on the city? And if the former, where exactly does it land?
    Last edited by rarocks24; 06 November 2006, 03:37 PM. Reason: Said Atlantis, meant to say Daedalus. I don't think Atlantis would be landing on Atlantis. ;)
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
    When the Daedalus lands on Atlantis, I noticed the appearance of water right on the bottom of the forward section of the ship. My question, does Atlantis actually land on the city, or in the water next to the piers on the city? And if the former, where exactly does it land?
    I have to admit that i thought the exact same thing a few times but I actually think that the illusion of water is just the effect made by thrusters at the front of The Daedalus to allow landing.

Comment

I think the Daedalus lands on the water and then beams people and objects into the city. The shape of the daedalus seems a bit too wide to actually fit onto the pier.

But that's just what I think.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:
      President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
      President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
      Forum Charmer
      Forum Ambassador
      Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
      VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
      VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

the pier is HUGE. i think you could ALMOST fit two BC404s on it.

and theres 6 piers. so...

Comment

These are two images from a music video displaying Daedalus's landing in detail.

As you can see, Daedalus is clearly over water.

As you can see, Daedalus is actually sitting in water, which leads this thread into another area, How can the Daedalus float?

Probably by boyancy though. I'm just trying to think how it's shape could make it compatible.
          Last edited by rarocks24; 06 November 2006, 03:36 PM.

Comment

These are two images from a music video displaying Daedalus's landing in detail.

As you can see, Daedalus is clearly over water.

As you can see, Daedalus is actually sitting in water, which leads this thread into another area, How can the Daedalus float?
            Because it's an intergalactic spacecraft with really super-advanced technology.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

I still don't see it as landing on the water.

It appears that the pier was wet - extremely wet.
              Rain, mb? A huge puddle on the pier?
              Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFOwned View Post
                I still don't see it as landing on the water.

It appears that the pier was wet - extremely wet.
                Rain, mb? A huge puddle on the pier?
                Pay attention to the forward section of the ship, it is submerged in water, I'd say by at least one or two decks.

@Freyr's Mother, yes, a ship filled with advanced technology. Though, one wonders how they were able to repair the underbelly of the Daedalus in Misbegotten while it was floating there.

Comment

Pay attention to the forward section of the ship, it is submerged in water, I'd say by at least one or two decks.

@Freyr's Mother, yes, a ship filled with advanced technology. Though, one wonders how they were able to repair the underbelly of the Daedalus in Misbegotten while it was floating there.
                  Magic!

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                    Magic!
                    Well, at least now we definitely know how the ships park at Atlantis, which I guess means they kept the meaning of pier as a pier. Honestly, though, I think it's better than way to land the ship in the water, as I imagine during the Wraith-Ancient war, that pier area to the right of the Daedalus, on the left side of the images () could be used for unloading and loading passengers.

Comment

This kind of thread has been done to death...but usually a majority agrees that the Deady lands in water.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        This kind of thread has been done to death...but usually a majority agrees that the Deady lands in water.
                        I still think it's on the pier though.
                        Could the pier have a pool of water on it?

And why the **** would it land in water? It's illogical. It's like landing a plane in water without skids, and obviously this doesn't have the interstellar warship equivalent of skids if it's sinking.
                        Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Actually, only one thread, one easy to miss when searching too fast.

Comment

Hmmm...maybe they were all combined into one thread then?

Originally posted by WTFOwned View Post
                            I still think it's on the pier though.
                            Could the pier have a pool of water on it?
                            Uh...no?

And why the **** would it land in water? It's illogical. It's like landing a plane in water without skids, and obviously this doesn't have the interstellar warship equivalent of skids if it's sinking.
                            Intersteller warships don't need skids; they're, by definition, airtight.

Planes only have skids because they can't land like Helicopters, and would probably flip over once in the water. If you want proof, watch the actual episode; you can see the ocean waves.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                              Hmmm...maybe they were all combined into one thread then?
                              Well, I've asked a moderator to merge it, so... Remind me to be sarcastic when you make a mistake and post a thread that has been done before and you fail to see it in search.

Comment

Working...
                              X