This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post ep3, Ancients. Spinelessness?????

As the title says, is it me or are they being spineless, or is it something else?

They know Daniel, he's got a serious beef with them, well who doesn't? lol. They know about a potential weapon that could wipe-out the ascended Ori........ and themselves, what are they afraid of? Being shown-up? that us little, immature humans will save there collective asses from being annihilated be there own kind. Who knows.

Also, how about this. Because of there (the Ori's), actions became known as the Ori. Like a Jedi turning into a Sith? the Ori were once the Furlings, a once GREAT race, who also learnt how to ascend at the same time as Ancients, became real.... er... gits? Hence because of there actions, became known as the Ori.

Now I know that tptb have given no clues what-so-ever, as to this, but maybe, just maybe this could be a twist in the storyline.

Also, just to reitterate my opinions... SAVE SG-1!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Originally posted by sg1adam View Post
    As the title says, is it me or are they being spineless, or is it something else?

They know Daniel, he's got a serious beef with them, well who doesn't? lol. They know about a potential weapon that could wipe-out the ascended Ori........ and themselves, what are they afraid of? Being shown-up? that us little, immature humans will save there collective asses from being annihilated be there own kind. Who knows.

Also, how about this. Because of there (the Ori's), actions became known as the Ori. Like a Jedi turning into a Sith? the Ori were once the Furlings, a once GREAT race, who also learnt how to ascend at the same time as Ancients, became real.... er... gits? Hence because of there actions, became known as the Ori.

Now I know that tptb have given no clues what-so-ever, as to this, but maybe, just maybe this could be a twist in the storyline.

Also, just to reitterate my opinions... SAVE SG-1!!!
    Interesting theroy but I don't think so. It is much more likely that the Ori were part of the Ancient collective that split from the Ancients when they disagreed on their opinions of ascension.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I have no idea what you're talking about. Spineless? What is it that you actually think they're afraid of and why do you think that? They don't really have any responsibility to help us, infact their whole belief system is based on the idea that they shouldn't!

Comment

the Ancients aren't spineless- they bloody arrogant!

the Ancients felt that they were superior to everyone, and it ended up biting them on their collective arses!

The Ancients won't get involved in the Ori conflct because they view our Galaxy as insigificant.

A stranger is just someone you haven't annoyed yet

Comment

As far as the Ancients are concerned, the only way to save the lesser races is to directly interfer in events on lower planes of existance. They consider this to be ethically wrong.

The reason the Ancients hate the Ori is because the Ori interfer on lower planes of existance. If the Ancients interferred, they would be engaging in the same behavior that they hate the Ori for.

As far as the Ancients are concerned, they are between a rock and a hard place. Let the Ori win, or abandon their ethics and become just like them.

Comment

The ancients are definetly 100% Pink Floyd fans !
            They use "Another brick in the wall" as their moral code towards "us - the unascended"
            " We dont need no education, we dont need no thought control, no dark sarccasm in the classroom, ancients leave them kids alone! hey ancients! leave them kids alone!!

hahaha
            "Furlings" is an anagram of "Fun Girls"
            I wish we could finally get to see the "fun girls" !
            They must be really sexy cos the Asgard said you'll know 'em when you see 'em!!

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
              Let the Ori win, or abandon their ethics and become just like them.
              Knowledge is power but its how you use that power defines wether you are good or evil
              Last edited by Starxgate; 08 November 2006, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                Knowledge is power but its how you use that power defines wether you are good or evil
                Right...

Comment

ok but since they wont interfer with our "plane of existance" than why dont they go to war with the Ori in THEIR plane of existance.... it makes so sense...i think their just afriad.

Comment

Originally posted by neoncrazy101 View Post
                    ok but since they wont interfer with our "plane of existance" than why dont they go to war with the Ori in THEIR plane of existance
                    What for?

Comment

After watching ep3, it occurred to me, my thoughts, opinion etc.... that they are spineless. Why don't they get involved with the war with the Ori, because if they don't then the Ori, as Orlin said; "they are here to destroy the ascended Ancients".

Maybe they do need there asses kicked to wake them up and do something about there own welfare before it's to late.

Comment

After watching ep3, it occurred to me, my thoughts, opinion etc.... that they are spineless. Why don't they get involved with the war with the Ori, because if they don't then the Ori, as Orlin said; "they are here to destroy the ascended Ancients".
                        But how does that make them spineless? Surely they are brave for sticking to what they believe in regardless of what might happen to them.

Comment

Fighting for your race/life/existence, doing anything & everything possible to preserve it = bravery. Not doing so = spinelessness. IMO.

How is it brave to do nothing at all, in the face of adversity when you can do something about it. If you had cancer, or whatever...... would you be brave if you fought it and either lived or died, or did nothing and let the disease kill you?

Comment

Fighting for your race/life/existence, doing anything & everything possible to preserve it = bravery. Not doing so = spinelessness. IMO.
                            Sounds more like cowardice to me, would you murder your family if it would save your own life?

It shows much more bravery dying for a cause than it does dying to save your own skin, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              Sounds more like cowardice to me, would you murder your family if it would save your own life?
                              No, but I'd murder to help preserve there's, and my own though.

cowardice/spinelessness= the same in my book. Again imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X