This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S2 on TV, when?

I saw the first part of S2 (1-10) on channel5 of English TV, does anybody know when the last 10 (11-20) will be aired? I'm having to record S3 until I can watch them, after I've watched the rest of S2.

I'm not sure about buying them just yet as they're a bit expensive at the mo. And I don't want pay to download them in case there's a prop with either my pc or the download, post payment.
    http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Sorry, but you didn't see eps 1-10 of season 2 on Five as they have never shown any of season 2. You must have seen them on Sky One or Two.
    As for the DVD's, all except the last one are very cheap from HMV - £7 in the shops and £5.99 online - but the last one is still full price. (I know because not having Sky, I have had to resort to buying the DVD's to see season 2!)
    Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

i am actually just wandering when five is actually going to show it as i have waited long enoough does any body know at all
      Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Donna, sorry to say that Five haven't bought season 2 and as far as I know, they are not planning to show it at all. Our best hope might be Sky Three (on Freeview) but I don't know whether they will be showing it or not. I think there is a thread somewhere about UK scheduling where there is more discussion about this kind of thing.

Comment

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Sky Three to show Stargate SG-1 or Atlantis. They seem to take forever to get other shows that have been previously shown on Sky One. I don't think I've seen even early seasons of SG-1 on Sky Three, so I don't anticipate season 9 being shown there any time soon.

Channel 4 usually show Stargate SG-1 but they haven't shown it so far this year. The programmes that are in the slot usually occupied by SG-1 (Smallville, Charmed) both have 5 weeks to run. That pretty much takes us to Christmas. If Channel 4 show season 9 at all, it won't be until the new year. I don't know whether the problem is that Channel 4 haven't bought season 9, or whether Sky One is refusing to release it. Either way, I'm suffering SG-1 withdrawal.
          C-D
          Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Cheerful Dragon View Post
            I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Sky Three to show Stargate SG-1 or Atlantis. They seem to take forever to get other shows that have been previously shown on Sky One. I don't think I've seen even early seasons of SG-1 on Sky Three, so I don't anticipate season 9 being shown there any time soon.

Channel 4 usually show Stargate SG-1 but they haven't shown it so far this year. The programmes that are in the slot usually occupied by SG-1 (Smallville, Charmed) both have 5 weeks to run. That pretty much takes us to Christmas. If Channel 4 show season 9 at all, it won't be until the new year. I don't know whether the problem is that Channel 4 haven't bought season 9, or whether Sky One is refusing to release it. Either way, I'm suffering SG-1 withdrawal.
            Dont worry I'm suffering SG-1 withdrawal too
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg1adam View Post
              I saw the first part of S2 (1-10) on channel5 of English TV, does anybody know when the last 10 (11-20) will be aired? I'm having to record S3 until I can watch them, after I've watched the rest of S2.

I'm not sure about buying them just yet as they're a bit expensive at the mo. And I don't want pay to download them in case there's a prop with either my pc or the download, post payment.
              I guess when they decide to show it.

Comment

For some of us in the us, they are showing s.2 on saturday nights!
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Best thing to do is buy the DVDs.

You won't be able to buy the boxset, however you can just buy the DVDs from HMV, who are season 2 at a price of £6 per disc, with the fifth and final disc being £18. Cheap way to watch them without having to wait months or spend full price for a few more episodes.

sigpic

Comment

I would recommend buying discs 1-4 from HMV, but shop around for disc 5. It will probably be cheapest on Amazon.

Comment

Actually, I've always wondered if they would show "Duet" uncut on terrestrial TV? Terrestrial channels alway put the sci-fi shows at a stupid time.

When I was younger it wasn't too bad. BBC2 used to put Quantum Leap on at 9pm on a Tuesday night. But C4 put SG-1 on at 4pm sunday tea-time! And it was totally cut to pieces...so I missed some of the plot. CoTG was cut so I didn't know why the people were screaming, it was only when I got the DVD that I saw it uncut and understood why people were screaming.

So I think it would be better to buy them on DVD than wait for it to come on C5 or C4 because you'll have along wait and it will cut to pieces.
                      Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                      The Strongest Will Survive!
                      I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Working...
                      X