This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Counterstrike" Sam using a computer designed for Gaming

That was the Dell XPS, its a notebook computer designed specifically for gaming, so why would she have a gaming machine for hacking into an Ori ship, maybe its just product placement or she was hiding on the bridge to play some games.....

It get's boring when offworld sometimes. She probably fires up a bit of Half-Life 2 or Company of Heroes when she's bored. Gotta keep practising the micro.

Comment

Because the program used to control the Ori ship is similar to Star Trek StarFleet Command.
      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

There is a faster connection in the USB port in that laptop, for the gamers mouse or joystick. So she figured that the USB port on the Ori ship would communicate faster with her PC. Who knows?

Seriously, Prolly cuz gaming computers have the best video cards and better processing capabilities. That would be my serious guess.

: Green is Good.
        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
          There is a faster connection in the USB port in that laptop, for the gamers mouse or joystick. So she figured that the USB port on the Ori ship would communicate faster with her PC. Who knows?

Seriously, Prolly cuz gaming computers have the best video cards and better processing capabilities. That would be my serious guess.
          Exactly. Gaming pushes a PC overall to it's limits more than probably any other single application. A PC that can handle games well would naturally have a faster processor, more memory, etc.

Comment

Whatever she had I wont one.
            sigpic

Comment

The XPS is not "designed" for gaming. Its designed to be extremely powerful, durable, and to run multiple difficult applications all at the same time. It just so happens that powerful computers run games better than weak ones. Why would she want a slow, run down, weak computer. For hacking into something as complicated as Ancient and Ori technology, the most powerful computers humans have are still like old rotary phones in comparison.
              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

It's not exactly like they can drag a CRAY supercomputer with them.
                When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                Zatnikitelman

Comment

It's because the episode title actually refers to Sam's gaming habits. If you watch closely around 22:41, just as the camera cuts in you can clearly hear her yelling about some "camping AWP nooblet".

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                    It's because the episode title actually refers to Sam's gaming habits. If you watch closely around 22:41, just as the camera cuts in you can clearly hear her yelling about some "camping AWP nooblet".

Sam's a cal o reject anyway, i bet jack would straight roll her 1v1
                    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by SerpentGuard View Post
                      That was the Dell XPS, its a notebook computer designed specifically for gaming, so why would she have a gaming machine for hacking into an Ori ship, maybe its just product placement or she was hiding on the bridge to play some games.....
                      gaming computers ...including laptops are made to hold a large amount of data ...mostly cause PC games are getting so large (MB wise)

her laptop might be modified to hold data she collects during her missions till she can store it in her lab computer or a database
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I have a Dell ZPS laptop and everything is quicker on it.

Comment

lol, i wish i had a gameing laptop, ive got a good gameing desktop.
                          but the best thing about the xps is that you can change the colour of the lights!!!!
                          now thats what i want in a computer!
                          remember, remember the 5th of november....

Comment

Maybe it was
                            Spoiler:
                            a present for Adria. Sam wasn't there for the baby shower.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I have a Macbook Pro, with a 2 GHz processor, 2 GB of RAM and a 128MB VRAM, why the heck isn't my laptop on there? I mean honestly, if the Ancients were around, they'd use a mac.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X