Predator Franchise Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predator Franchise Discussion Thread

I made one on the Alien films, so this one's about the Predators. This Thread is more expanded (damn, I should've done this for the Alien one! *Bangs fist on table*) so you can talk about anything to do with the Predator franchise.

Movies
    Comics
    Games
    Other related Canon

I've seen both Predator Movies and AVP...And will probably see it's sequel as well, I've not really read any comics or anything but have always expressed interest in playing some of the Alien vs Predator computer games (not the ones that have anything to do with the movie).
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

I enjoyed all three Predator movies, but AVP is my favorite. I also liked that they used Arnold Schwarzenegger in the first one. I don't read comic books nor play video games, so no comment there. Whut other related canon is there? If there's some novels out, I might read them.

Oh, and watch this little Batman movie on YouTube, it's pretty cool. Batman: Dead End

Comment

I played Alien vs Predator 2 a little while back and from what I remember it was quite well done and very enjoyabe. Especially when playing as a Predator, as you could use all the funky claws, spears, nets and other things you see in the movies. Plus, the 2 games have absolutely nothing to do with the AvP movie. As for other canon, I think there were some books written, as I remember a friend of mine read a book about Predators, I think anyway.

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
      Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
      Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

I've seen both Predator movies and AVP. I enjoyed all three, and can't wait for AVP's sequel. As for the comics, I have quite a few from way back in my comic-collecting days as a teen.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I've always wanted to play the games since my brother told me that if you play the alien you get to burst out of someone's chest in the beginning. MWAHhahahahahahahaha!
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

LOL! You get to actually bite through the guys chest to get out...But, the rest of that level is annoying, as you have to remain hidden cause ure a weak little baby alien and they're big evil marines with flamethrowers...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
            Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
            Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
              Oh, and watch this little Batman movie on YouTube, it's pretty cool. Batman: Dead End
              Since it seems no one has watched this year, it's a high budget short film about Batman fighting the Predator.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                Watched this in the Alien thread. All I could say was... WOW! Shame the alien didn't last longer though. The Predator alongside the Alien, are two of my favourite sci fi creations. The original actor: Kevin Peter Hall (r.i.p), did an amazing job in the role as the Predator.

The Predator films: I loved the first film, the second was pretty good. Some elements of the Predator 2 film was similar to a story in the Predator comics; which was a direct follow on to the first film. Although this time, the main character was Dutch's brother. I haven't seen AvP yet. It's sitting there waiting for me, but I'm not sure if I should watch it.

I've played the first AvP game (the gold version). It has limited save points, so it's not as frustrating when you get sent (all too often ) back to the beginning if you die. I tell ye, there were some genuine 'brown trouser' moments in that game. Oh and the Smart gun Rocked! Playing as the Predator was awesome as well. Didn't play as the Alien too much. It was a bit disorientating being upside down all the time.
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

AvP isn't like the game. It's archeaologists that are caught in the middle, not marines.

Comment

Oh that is just one of the many reasons why I've held back watching AvP.

Comment

Why should that be reason to not watch it? It's just a movie. Who cares if it's like the video games or comic books? Just watch it for the story.

Comment

Predator is a great character and definetly needs more movie love. I used to have a predator T shirt that I wore until it was shreadding into little pieces and I have a predator poster that list all the gear he is carrying. I need a new T shirt, a popular movie could get me some great merchandise.

I believe I read the Predator vs Batman comic. I think there was another superhero he fought too. Too bad its DC comics though. I would love to see Predator vs Wolverine.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

*Difibulates*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                            Oh that is just one of the many reasons why I've held back watching AvP.
                            I really should have listened to myself.

*reburies thread*

Comment

Working...
                            X