Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do you think the Ancients or Asgard have seen in the universe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do you think the Ancients or Asgard have seen in the universe?

Check this movie out, it blows your mind:
    http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/3...r_Taken_Video_

Really great video

(Ignore the sudden Dragostea Din Tei kid part.)

That video was pretty cool and really humbling, i geuss that the Asgard and ancients and Ori are really Quite small contibutors to the grand universe. I think that all three races only origionate or have knowledge of or explored 50 of so galaxies between them. And i would give a large proportion of that to the Asgard, We know they have faster and permenantly intergalactic hyperdrives, and are reposible for managing and monitoring alot of travel in the nearer galaxies. remember when the goauld came to earth they were talking about trade routes and then later on they said they monitor all hyperspace activity around earth (and probley all their protected planets). i think the Asgard are actually big explorers in our time, the ancients likely spread out too, in facti think there were many atlantis type city ships that went to many different galaxies and seeded the ancient race in various forms during the great plague anad their exedus from the MW.
    As to the Ori, i barely think they have explored outside thier own galaxy, they had to use a supergate to get to ours so probley dont even have intergalactic drives. We havent seen them in pegasus and the asgard havent been attacked yet in Ida.
    In all honesty i think the Ascended have cloaked all our region of space, including the MW, PG and Ida from ori spying from their higher planes. Which may be why they had to send out priors, to scout things out and gather intel etc.
    Anyways, the ancients and asgard have only explored a microfraction of the universe IMO and i doubt the ancients even in the current form have explored much more than they already knew about..which might be a hundred or so galaxies at maximum IMO. thats still alot of ground to cover, we know from orpheus that they do have to visit a planet to be ble to witness and exlpore and learn etc, its not like a birds eye view thing..they may well have to explore conventionally to learn just in a easier way ( being all powerfull and invisible etc)
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

That's pretty awesome... ... ...

Kinda makes you feel small

Looked it up on Wikipeia too, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_Deep_Field ...

*left speechless*

Comment

It makes us look incredible small, mere ants compare to the universe. When you look at these pictures it make what happening on earth pitifull and pretty meaningless. An it make you think just how many other races are out their thinking the exact same thing.

I think the ancients the ori and asguard have only scratch the surface of what in the universe. With us we have just barley begun to looked never mine actually explore it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
          Kinda makes you feel small

Looked it up on Wikipeia too, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_Deep_Field ...
          Oh yeah ?

I may be smaller than the universe, but I'm still bigger than that picture

Comment

no the ancients were ants. We are microbes in the primordial soup
            "The universe is so big, and we are so small, all we can ever really choose is wheather we are good or evil "
            wisdom she speaks.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

god I feel small now lol. In stargate terms, makes me rethink the title 'greatest race to inhabit the universe' for the ancients, it's so big and there has to be so many other races out there, just too far away to reach. I think no race no matter how long it survives and how advanced it is will ever see all that.

Comment

just think, every time you look at that image, you are looking back into the past, 70 billion years into the past!!!!
                So those galaxies would be very differant if they are even there today.

Comment

The Ancients lived in three different galaxies, and we have been to 4 galaxies; Ida, Ori, Pegasus, Milky Way. Only 9,996 left to go. We are on a roll.

Very good video, talk about feeling small.

: Green is Good.
                  sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

And we only stared into one patch of space, right?

I definitely believe that there is intelligent life like us out tehre somewhere. Everything God has done had a purpose. I find it hard to believe he created all that just for us. On the other hand, maybe he foresaw just how great we could become... big things to ponder.
                    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Right...yes because god created all of it. I belive in intelligent life but i am very anti-god, i dont think there wasa creator at all and that it was simply a cosmic event that created this universe or whatever one came before that collapsed to create our(i belive in that theory too)
                      As to that remark about the past, thats the thing that i find most amazing that we look back in time every day and yet no one knows about it, If hubble was powerfull enough to see like planets we could record the history of a planet, if theyre were inteligent life that we met one day then we could offer that historical knowledge up as a gift. One day we will find the first light of the Big bang and see all the way back to the dawn of time/space, tht will be a great day.
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

I like the idea about our gift to a other race being their own history and pictures of their world as it evolved, that be quite a nice gift to give to any race.
                        Last edited by knowles2; 05 November 2006, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Id like that gift certainly. If they had pictures of the world Xyears ago, imagine being able to see the progression(or degression depending on how you look at things ) of civilzation from a billion light years away, that would be a great gift.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                            Right...yes because god created all of it. I belive in intelligent life but i am very anti-god, i dont think there wasa creator at all and that it was simply a cosmic event that created this universe or whatever one came before that collapsed to create our(i belive in that theory too)
                            As to that remark about the past, thats the thing that i find most amazing that we look back in time every day and yet no one knows about it, If hubble was powerfull enough to see like planets we could record the history of a planet, if theyre were inteligent life that we met one day then we could offer that historical knowledge up as a gift. One day we will find the first light of the Big bang and see all the way back to the dawn of time/space, tht will be a great day.
                            You believe in theories with no more real evidence than the one I choose to believe. I never even mentioned creationism the well known theory, simply that I believe that there is a God and that however long ago it was, he had a large hand in creating this existence. I don't know how long it took, or in what order things happened, or even how MANY times things may have happened, I just believe that God was at the beginning of it all.
                            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Methinks a Science vs Religion debate is looming.

There is actually evidence of the big bang. Not conclusive, but there is some evidence that the big bang occurred.

Not that I'd say there is no God... but keep in mind... God didn't throw the bible from the sky towards earth... it is but a work of man... written during a time when gaps in human knowledge - things early humans didn't understand - was filled in through mythology, superstition, religion etc.

Anyway, yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X