Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wouldn't want to be an earth ship commander.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't want to be an earth ship commander.

Prendergast - blown up. Thanks, Ori satellite.

Emerson. Shot by dudes.

Chekov. "I got a brand new ship. Uh oh, the Ori have just shot us in the butt-cheeks".

Ronson - OK, he doesn't die as far as we know, but he did disappear from the plot.

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Ronson probably disappeared due to negative fan reactions about the character.
    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
      Ronson probably disappeared due to negative fan reactions about the character.

I can understand that. He was quite annoying. A complete caricature... like the actor was trying too hard.

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

I would want to be a ship commander, as long as I was like Caldwell. Caldwell seems to be doing the best so far, I think he will make it.

: Green is Good.
        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
          I would want to be a ship commander, as long as I was like Caldwell. Caldwell seems to be doing the best so far, I think he will make it.
          Yeah: note to characters in SG universe - if you're going to command a ship, make sure it's one that goes to Pegasus regularly.

I like Caldwell. I wonder how many more X-Files alumni we'll get in SG...
          Deputy Director Skinner (Caldwell)
          Mr X (the general guy who's character name escapes me)
          Cancer Man (prior from season 9 who got neutralised)

Comment

I seem to be the only one here who hates Caldwell and hope he joins the ranks of dead 303/304 captains.
            Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
            Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
            -Audioslave

Comment

Whats wrong with Caldwell? he's a great commander. Knows when to pull out, and its smart, doesn't just fly in get his arse kicked then leave like star trek TNG, DS9

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by beale947 View Post
                Whats wrong with Caldwell? he's a great commander. Knows when to pull out, and its smart, doesn't just fly in get his arse kicked then leave like star trek TNG, DS9
                He just strikes me as too contrarian. As if he's there just to be annoying.
                Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                -Audioslave

Comment

I like Cadwell, although it might be because I don't like weir and he always has the guts to challenge her. Also because he's a good leader and does things how they're supposed to be done, unlike weir who lets her judgement get clouded by personal feelings too often. Pendergast was a good leader, I like him
                  Spoiler:
                  I also started liking Emerson before he was kill
                  . I suppose it's expected to lose a few captains, they aren't exactly well experienced in pioneering a spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                    I like Cadwell, although it might be because I don't like weir and he always has the guts to challenge her. Also because he's a good leader and does things how they're supposed to be done, unlike weir who lets her judgement get clouded by personal feelings too often. Pendergast was a good leader, I like him
                    Spoiler:
                    I also started liking Emerson before he was kill
                    . I suppose it's expected to lose a few captains, they aren't exactly well experienced in pioneering a spaceship.
                    I liked Cadwell also
                    sigpic

Comment

I do like Caldwell, but I actually agree, he is a little contary at times. Still, I guess that's his purpose in the show, to be a kind of foil for Weir... it's part of the show, the struggle between military and civilian interests.

Comment

Working...
                      X