Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help finding name of old series (sort of Iron Man)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help finding name of old series (sort of Iron Man)

I have a vague memory of watching a TV series in the early 80's that featured a hero who was normally in a wheel chair (it's not X-men!) and when he has to make justice, he somewhat transforms into a kind of red & white armored man with a helmet, walking very slowly but who is very strong.
    I can't recall the name of this show, and if it sounds familiar to anyone, please tell me Thank you.

yah know...that sounds terribly familiar. i might have actually watched it.

can't remember the name though.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

MANTIS. Not only was he in a wheelchair, he was black. Two minorities in one go! Ooooo.
      Last edited by ShadowMaat; 01 November 2006, 02:16 PM. Reason: stupid tags

Comment

I did some poking around and I think we're thinking of M.A.N.T.I.S.

Carl Lumley

A brilliant, wheelchair-bound scientist invents a form of exo-skeleton called the Mechanically Augmented Neuro Transmitter System (M.A.N.T.I.S.) that turns him into a superhero and gives him the ability to fight the crime wave that is engulfing his city.

From 1994.
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ

Comment

by mere seconds!!
          Thanks!
          Jordan

my page
          My LJ

Comment

Thank you every one! Mantis sounded promising, but it's too recent. I was talking more about a show from around 1980. Maybe it's what inspired this Mantis series...

Comment

You remember any of the actors, or episodes/scenes?
              Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                You remember any of the actors, or episodes/scenes?
                unfortunately, I don't remember much. I was about 6 or 7 years old, but I have flashes of a scene where the guy is on a wheelchair in a sort of industrial hangar, and there is a fire, then, I don't know how, he gets into a kind of super soldier in a red armor. He walks slowly but has great strength to punish the bad guys. That's all I can remember...
                Sorry to give you all the trouble! I guess it wasn't a very successful show and only the people old enough in 1980 might remember it...

Thank you.

Comment

Hmmm, I'm drawing a blank.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Try this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor..._United_States

It's a big list, but maybe something might ring a bell. Let us know if you find it.
                    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Comment

I remember watching M.A.N.T.I.S. back in '94. I was 8 years old...
                      War... war never changes

Comment

Originally posted by Dotus5 View Post
                        Try this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor..._United_States

It's a big list, but maybe something might ring a bell. Let us know if you find it.
                        That's an incredible long list, but very worth it for future reference.
                        It will be hard to find the series I'm looking for, but with patience, maybe...
                        The thing is that now I'm not sure if it was a series or a movie...
                        Anyway, I'm grateful for your help, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post
                          I have a vague memory of watching a TV series in the early 80's that featured a hero who was normally in a wheel chair (it's not X-men!) and when he has to make justice, he somewhat transforms into a kind of red & white armored man with a helmet, walking very slowly but who is very strong.
                          I can't recall the name of this show, and if it sounds familiar to anyone, please tell me Thank you.
                          I too remember this vaguely, i asked 118118 but no answer! I know this is an old thread but it's bugging me now and I too want to know what it's called, any new info on this?

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha View Post
                            Carl Lumley
                            Also the voice of Martian Manhunter from JLU if I'm not mistaken.
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                            X