Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation on 'The Dragon' (Spoiler For UK People)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speculation on 'The Dragon' (Spoiler For UK People)

What do you suppose the dragon from 'The Quest Pt.1' really is?

A. Merlin's or Morgan Le Faye's pet
    B. A hologram
    C. An ancient genetic experiment
    D. An alien originally idiginous to another world

Or

E. An actual dragon

Your thoughts...
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

I think it is a hologram, and the name is the deactivation code. Just like Ba'al thinks. Most logical thing, at least for me, considering everything that has gone on with the Black Knight and all.

: Green is Good.
    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

A holographic creature which can be deactivated with a code-name. Its fire could probably kill, but I think thats when Adria's defensive powers or the defense mechanisms of that necklace, could block the flames from harming her and perhaps the rest of the group.
      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I expect there's no chance of a picture of this dragon, as it's not something most people do screen caps of. It's going to be months (or maybe even years) before I get to see that episode. Being a major dragon fan, I'd love to see what the Stargate dragon looks like. It would also be great to have the Stargate dragon as part of my sig, when I finally get one together.
        C-D
        Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

There should be a pic somewhere on the Forums, at least I remember seeing one.

Comment

Here: http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/...t1%5F0851.html

Comment

Really dissapointed with it, its not even really a dragon, only 2 legs wtf?

Comment

Thanks for the link. Doesn't look much like a dragon, to me. A dragon with only two legs is a wyvern, by the way, which that might be. Here's a brief description of wyverns, including a picture: http://www.eaudrey.com/myth/wyvern.htm
                C-D

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

I think the dragon is probably a hologram, as Baal suggests - it would also fit with the likes of the two knights we have seen previously in season's 9 & 10; logically matching Merlin's holographic interruptation of medieval myth & imary.

On the other hand, as Daniel says; it could also be some sort of armored ship with a holographic 'shield' (acting as a disguise; kind of like a chamelon effect) which medieval peoples may mistake for an actual dragon.

Other than that, the only way I can see it being an actual real-live flesh-&-blood dragon is if it was genetically engieered that way; or if it is a native creature to some other, as-yet-unheard-of dimension /world yet to be explored by Humans, but discovered by Merlin at some point during his quest to develop the Sangraal/anti-Orii weapon.

As to the name of the gaurdian, I assume it is some kind of command code, password or verbal interface with the dragon/gaurdian to make it cease & disist; to obey the person whom speaks it name & bring it under their control, or dissovle the hologram (if the dragon is a hologram as many of us may think it is? ) & give one access to the Merlin's hidden library as seen in the shorts for 'The Quest (part 2)'.

And yes, I agree with Cheerful Dragon; technically speaking it is not a true dragon, rather it's a wyverm - 'true' dragons of ancient medevial english lore have four, rather than two, legs (not to mention being rather mean & nasty) - although the dragons from the movie 'Reign of Fire' only had 2 legs, their front wing-claws acting like legs when they 'walked' about on land.

Personally, whilst I love dragons; I am sick to death of them as being portrayed as evil, vile creatures, & prefer pictures, artwork & stories which inspire & add awe & majesty to these already legendary & fascinating creatures of folklore & myth.

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
                    Personally, whilst I love dragons; I am sick to death of them as being portrayed as evil, vile creatures, & prefer pictures, artwork & stories which inspire & add awe & majesty to these already legendary & fascinating creatures of folklore & myth.
                    Totally agree. I've been into dragons since I was about 12, which is when I found I was born in the year of the dragon. I prefer Oriental dragons to 'Western' dragons, as they're creatures that bring good fortune. (They're also regarded as divine or semi-divine, but that's getting a bit Goa'uld.) Don't get me wrong, I love dragons in all forms, but the Western ones are often depicted as aggressive, breathing fire and killing people. We dragons aren't like that!
                    C-D

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

Doesnt the new movie Eragon, i think, protray the dragon as the last hope for good?

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

I've not heard of that film. Just checked up about it on IMDb. Sounds like it might be interesting. Thanks for the tip.

PS Love your name. I'd love to go to the Galapagos Islands. The iguanas there look like creatures from old science fiction films / series.
                        C-D

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Cheerful Dragon View Post
                          PS Love your name. I'd love to go to the Galapagos Islands. The iguanas there look like creatures from old science fiction films / series.
                          Because they are!

Comment

I too think the dragon is most likely a hologram. One that can kill, but still a hologram.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
                              I think the dragon is probably a hologram, as Baal suggests - it would also fit with the likes of the two knights we have seen previously in season's 9 & 10; logically matching Merlin's holographic interruptation of medieval myth & imary.
                              I think it is a hologram too, but weren't these traps set by Morgan Le Fay? But is suppose with her own penchant for holograms, what with impersonating them and all...

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

Working...
                              X