• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hero (308)

Visit the Episode GuideBATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON THREE
    HERO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 308

Bill Adama is forced to confront his past actions when a pilot from his previous command miraculously turns up alive -- after a black ops mission into Cylon territory.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 04:50 PM.

Interesting ep. Lots of good character development and it's good to see Carl Lumley again. He looks younger and better-looking than I remember.

Tigh is on the road to redemption. Ho hum. Sorry, not a big fan of the character, tho at least he's finally got a pirate patch.

I wonder where they're gonna go with the whole "our side may have started the war" thing. Just a chance to cause some Adama Angst? Or is there more to it?

Agree with Roslin on Adama being a bit silly about things. If he hadn't gone, someone else would've and while yeah, at least it wouldn't have been him, the result would have been the same: the cylons attack and wipe out the colonies. And that's assuming that the random spy mission had anything at all to do with anything.

Comment

How in the heck does Carl Lumbly look as young as he does? The man is 54 years old! I'd say I hope I look that good at 54, but I don't look that good now. Sheesh.

Hope Bulldog shows up again.

-IMF
      Good week for Martian Manhunter. His animated voice on BSG and J'onn himself on Smallville.
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Who starts a war over a scout ship! The Cylons were going to attack no matter what the colonist did.
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462 View Post
          Who starts a war over a scout ship!

the klingons, the romulans,the borg, in sg1 that race of ppl on the planetdestroyed the earth ship with that ori orbital weapon

Comment

Was a good episode. I really enjoyed Michael Hogan's performance, he plays the greiving drunk really well. I'm glad they aren't making him superduper again right away, it will be a long road back for him.

I thought the timeline might have been messed up a little bit. The attacks occured 2 years ago and Bulldog went on the mission 3 years ago? So were Tyrol and Starbuck stationed on the Valkeyrie with him, since as of the mini, Tyrol had been serving with Adama for 5 years and Starbuck 2 years. Gaeta I think had served for 3 years. Was that a gaff by the writers? Normally on the 2nd showing I'd be listening to the podcast but sci-fi's website is having technical problems so no podcast for Hero yet, figured that RDM would say something about it.

So why did the cylons let Bulldog escape? Just to try and kill Adama for leaving him on the other side of the armistic line? Or is there something else that he has been programmed to do?

Number 3 has seem to have gone insanem which is quite interesting, bringing another aspect of humanity to the biolons. During the scene with 3 in the opera house, there appeared to be 5 figures in white. Could those be the final 5? But I could be wrong about that and will need to rewatch the scene.

Surprising Baltar was silent this episode, they must have given him the week off but kudos for getting what appeared to be a threesome with 3 and 6. Although the 6 could have been the 6 in Baltar's head.

Comment

Good episode. This is much more of the BSG I like vs the last two episodes. Seeing another of Adama's skeletons from his closet is much more interesting to me than people agonizing over whether to wipe out the cylons with an uber-weapon.

Seeing a new battlestar design was pretty neat. I'm curious if this will be a one-off or whether we'll see it again. Incidentally, if you look carefully, the bridge of the Valkyrie was the same as the Pegasus, just with different lighting and some rearrangement.

Two things I thought interesting. One was that Adama felt badly about the mission and that it might have started the war. Obviously the humans hadn't been in a "cold" war in a while, otherwise he'd realize that cross-border skirmishes are fairly common (the USSR didn't go to war with the US when they shot down one of our U-2's flying over their territory, for example). On the other hand, the cylons were such a young and inexperienced species that they might have actually overreacted to the incursion.

The second was that (on a very small scale), at least some in the colonies took action to find out what the heck the Cylons were up to. The cylons did recon the Colonials, in fact they infiltrated the colonies fairly extensively, thus knowing exactly what they were up against. Had the humans bothered with more missions like this, they might have realized that the cylons were building a war machine, or at least prepared their defenses more intelligently. Its nice to see that not all the humans were clueless about the requirement for knowing what a potential threat was doing.

Comment

Who starts a war over a scout ship! The Cylons were going to attack no matter what the colonist did.
                I know of one historical incident that made the Cold War worse...
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Take a look at our own history and see what has ALMOST happened due to countries spying on other countries. The results might surprise you!

Comment

i forgot about the ferengi. they have also started wars over scout ships

Comment

batar is a very luck man

there really wasten a lot about the cylons in this ep which kind of sucked but i still liked it. i don't think they started the war over the scout ship any one know why theres not going to be a new ep next week

Comment

I thought it was an alright episode, not the best, not the worst. Some good speeches by several characters, mainly Tigh and Roslin. Pretty revealing information about Adama's past which is always good for character development, now that we find out he was pretty much demoted to Galactica and no longer running a fancy snazzy new Battlestar. Also some good funny quips, gotta enjoy the little bits of humor in between learning the Admiral's actions may have been one of the leading reasons why theres not enough humans to fill a sports stadium anymore.

And come on, if people aren't impressed with Baltars skills, I mean the man just went from being nearly tortured to death to having a threesom with his captors. The man is a master manipulator. And now we are seeing the downward spiral of 3, as she questions what seems to be her existance and faith? I wonder if Novacheck will come across D'Anna Biers in the fleet, wouldn't that be a funny scene.
                        "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

With all of the D'Annas walking about on New Caprica I think it's pretty safe to say that model is "out" now.

Bulldog may have went on his mission a year before the attack, but the Cylons were manipulating Baltar two years before the attack. There's no way this incident was the deciding factor.

Comment

I don't think Adama really believed his actions alone precipitated the Cylon attack. I think he was just venting. Everyday, Adama carries the weight of the entire rag tag fleet on his broad shoulders, and at times, it gets to him. It is a massive responsibility. He later acknowledged to Roslin that the Admiralty KNEW the reason the Colonials hadn't seen the Cylons was because they were in the midst of a massive military build up for an all out attack on the Colonials. Adama acknowledged this for the first time. Col.Tigh may have a drinking problem, but,
                            he recognized that Bulldog was not playing with a full deck and that in his current mental state, Bulldog could be trouble for the Admiral. Col.Tigh to his credit pulled himself together enough to take Bulldog out. Tigh FRAKKED HIM UP and made quick work of him. Carl Lumby who portrayed him is an excellent actor, used to play a super hero named The Mantis years ago on SCI-FI Channel. And Baltar in three-ways with Six and Three? “Baltar is a pimp!” Think about it. Starbuck, the Interns, Six and now Three? Wouldn't it be something if a bunch of Six's
                            and Three's turned up pregnant on the basestar? "Baltar is still a mack daddy pimp!"
                            Last edited by Maj.Tahn; 17 November 2006, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Pretty good episode. I missed something at the end of the episode, but where was Bulldog going to?

Comment

Working...
                              X