Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cats prefer Stargate (newspaper article)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cats prefer Stargate (newspaper article)

See, cats ARE smarter

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=77860

Excerpt:

Internet radio station really the cats’ meow for feline fans
    By John Leptich, Tribune
    October 30, 2006

Internet disc jockey Nohl Rosen is an interesting cat. So are his “employers”: station manager Isis, assistant station manager Jade and program director Icarus.

“I’m their employee,” Rosen said of the felines he rescued who inspired him in April 2001 to start “Cat Galaxy” — www.catgalaxymedia.com — a Web radio station that plays music and includes interviews with veterinarians, humane society workers and other cat aficionados.

“The cats are the media darlings. I’m just the spokesman for the station. Everything is run by the cats,” said Rosen, who broadcasts from his Scottsdale condominium. “I am privileged and honored to be the servant to these three cats. I enjoy what I do and if it helps cats out there, it’s even better.”

Rosen said his cats, except Icarus, like watching television, especially “Animal Planet.” Isis and Jade like “Stargate SG1" and “Stargate Atlantis.”

“Icarus is a little hard to gauge, but he does hang around to watch ‘Boston Legal’ on occasion,” Rosen wrote in an e-mail.

*Click on link above for the full text*

Rather appropriate that 'Isis' is a SG1 fan though :>

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post

Rather appropriate that 'Isis' is a SG1 fan though :>
      It is, isn't it?
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

My cat always likes to sit with me when I'm watching Stargate.
        See

sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
        "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
        My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

My cat rarely looks at the tv when he sits with me.....except last night.....he stared for two and a half hours at Bram Stoker's Dracula and didn't get up once. Should I be worried?

I wish he watched Stargate though.....

Comment

Cats are neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              My cat rarely looks at the tv when he sits with me.....except last night.....he stared for two and a half hours at Bram Stoker's Dracula and didn't get up once. Should I be worried?
              Don't leave your neck exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

I wish he watched Stargate though.....
                Yes...
                Keep some garlic in the house!
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

My cat Ramana always watched Stargate with me, and whenever Teal'c would say something, her little ears perked right up, even if she was asleep. She had such a crush on him!!
                  I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
                  Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

PROOF PROOF.

My little tortoishell cat had been missing all evening, even at food time, then, as soon as the teaser for SG1 started, she appeared as if by magic, and this is not a made up tale, I'm typing in the ad break for 'Insiders'

Delta

PS, sob sob, I forgot this was a Danny-less ep, but Ba'al is soo cool

Comment

There are only two shows my cat likes - Walking with Dinosaurs and Walking with Prehistoric Beasts. I have no idea why - he's always sitting in front of the TV but never pays attention unless I'm watching these two shows. Weird.
                      Make it spin!

Comment

my kitten saw his first stargate ep last night, he kept standing infront of me so i couldn't see, but at least he seemed to like it

Comment

My dog watches STARGATE with us (@ least until he gets bored & goes off to play with his toys I wonder what he thinks of it all? *lol*). Does that count (I love kitties too! )?

And as for animals preferring STARGATE; whom wouldn't prefer STARGATE to the usual run-of-the-mill crap on TV nowadays? It may be sci-fi, but at least - like most good shows & all good sci-fi/fantasy programes of these genres - explores some big issues (such as relationships, morality, the consciqences of one's actions, etc) & the human condition (& I don't mean how much weight some lard-a** lost on 'The Biggest Looser'! If I wanted to see fat people sweating it out to loose weight & bulk up, I'd look in the mirror or go to my local gym [more than a do nows!] - although I do appluade these people for being brave enough to do it on national T.V.! ); & has a good mix of action/romance/humor & the like.

SAVE STARGATE SG-1! Spare us from the horros of crappy ad verts, cheezy shows, poor programming & 'reality' T.V.!! Human love it, animals love it! In short : EVEYRONE LOVES STARGATE!! (& if they don't, they should! *lol*).

Comment

Working...
                          X