This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange

The old BBC demon hunting drama that last a disapointing seven episodes.

Anyone remember this great show?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

It's Strange... that I've never seen or heard of this show. I had to go look on IMDb. It does ring a bell now. I vaguely remember seeing previews, but I never did watch it. I see it starred the brilliant Ian Richardson.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Yeah, I remember watching a couple of episodes of this.

And now I think about it, that bus-demon woman (Wizox) in the first ep was so creepily similar to a Wraith. Sucking the life out of people with her hands and causing them to age rapidly, arguing that it was natural, and she needed to feed to live ...

It was a good series, too bad they cancelled it ...

Comment

Right, I've been in communication with the creators. There's no actual plans for a DVD release yet.... but I said that... well...the show had become a mini legend...

the guy was interested to know where...

Any idea how I can prove this!?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I thought it had alot of potential but I found the plots and stories very unoriginal and silly. I thought it should of had longer to evolve because 7 episodes is really not giving a show a decent chance IMO.
          Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
          Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

It's not widely known, even among UK citizens, but most BBC tv series run for six episodes a season. Blackadder did, so does Spooks. Doctor Who is one of the exceptions. There were lots of interesting story arcs that I was waiting to see developed. Obviously the pseudo-demonic child was one, but then there was the engimatic Canon Black and the creature that was alluded to the last episode.

It's a shame that there was such a well of material that went untapped.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I'm curious, was Ian Richardson's character Scottish?

Have you seen Sea of Souls? That is a six-part series. I didn't start watching until the latest series.
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I caught the first series of Sea of Souls, and enjoyed it, but not the second unfortunatly.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X