PDA

View Full Version : The Story so far... (Torchwood Spoilers)

Admiral Mappalazarou
October 25th, 2006, 02:14 AM
So what do we know so far?

- Jack can't die because of the residual energy left inside him after his resurrection in 'Parting of the Ways'.
- The hand inside that glass container is the Doctor's severed hand from 'The Christmas Invasion' and that's why Jack keeps it in high regard.
- Somehow he joined the Torchwood Institute without Ivon Hartman arresting him for being 'alien' or a time traveller or whatever he is.
- ????

Anything else important to Torchwood that I forgot to mention? The basic point of this thread is to note down the important parts of Torchwood, so in case anyone forgets they can come here and catch up.

lol, Well I thought it was a good idea anyways....:) There could be green involved...;)

The Signal
October 25th, 2006, 05:03 AM
There were 4 Torchwood's. Torchwood 1 was destroyed in "Doomsday". Torchwood 2 is run by some strange guy and is located in Glasgow. Torchwood 3 is located right under the Rift in Cardiff, and is the setting for "Torchwood". Torchwood 4 is missing, probably originally located in Northern Ireland

Admiral Mappalazarou
October 25th, 2006, 06:05 AM
It'll turn up eventually;)

- Jack is looking for the doctor so that he can explain why he cant die.

Nuallain
October 25th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Actually, with the Torchwoods having been set up in Victoria's time Torchwood 4 could be anywhere in Ireland at all, since it was still British territory at the time. Of course, they probably decamped to NI in the 20s but who can say for sure?

The Signal
October 25th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Unless it was built on some sort of rift, I would say it probably would have gotten moved, seems kind of odd having a "Queen and Country" type organisation in the ROI unless it was 100% necessary

Admiral Mappalazarou
October 25th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Unless it was built on some sort of rift, I would say it probably would have gotten moved, seems kind of odd having a "Queen and Country" type organisation in the ROI unless it was 100% necessary
Hmmm
Maybe it was built atop the rift like the one in cardiff, only this rift seemed much more unstable than the Gelf's and this Torchwood fell through the faultline and passed on to another world.

Flyboy
October 25th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Maybe they WERE in Southern Ireland and by "missing" they mean they decided that they wanted to be seperate from the Empire :P

Mr Prophet
October 25th, 2006, 08:57 AM
From what we've seen of Torchwood 3 and what Jack says about Torchwood 2, I get the feeling that TW1 was the big one. Presumably first located in Torchwood House (later moved to Canary Wharf, of course) it was the one that had the budget, personnel, shiny computers and serious disciplinary structure, while the provinces are these little underfunded, rough and ready field offices who are left to employ whatever psychos, deviants and thrillseekers possess the necessary mix of ability and poor survival instinct.

They also seem a little less king and country and a little more 'isn't this kewl' than the boys and girls at TW1.

And I'm waiting for Gwen to get her rudimentary paper-proof psychic training.

Admiral Mappalazarou
October 25th, 2006, 09:08 AM
From what we've seen of Torchwood 3 and what Jack says about Torchwood 2, I get the feeling that TW1 was the big one. Presumably first located in Torchwood House (later moved to Canary Wharf, of course) it was the one that had the budget, personnel, shiny computers and serious disciplinary structure, while the provinces are these little underfunded, rough and ready field offices who are left to employ whatever psychos, deviants and thrillseekers possess the necessary mix of ability and poor survival instinct.

They also seem a little less king and country and a little more 'isn't this kewl' than the boys and girls at TW1.

And I'm waiting for Gwen to get her rudimentary paper-proof psychic training.Hmmm I wonder what became of Torchwood House? I bet their's some freaky lab underneath or something...

Mr Prophet
October 25th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Hmmm I wonder what became of Torchwood House? I bet their's some freaky lab underneath or something...

Well, this (http://www.visittorchwood.co.uk/) did.

Admiral Mappalazarou
October 25th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Well, this (http://www.visittorchwood.co.uk/) did.

OH MY FRAKKIN GOD

That site looks well real. Did you make it?

Mr Prophet
October 25th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Nah. But thanks for thinking I could. It's one of the BBC's spoof sites, create for its online Dr Who games (http://www.whoisdoctorwho.co.uk/). (Although they're not canon, as in one of them you have to destroy the Doctor's hand).

Admiral Mappalazarou
October 25th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Nah. But thanks for thinking I could. It's one of the BBC's spoof sites, create for its online Dr Who games (http://www.whoisdoctorwho.co.uk/). (Although they're not canon, as in one of them you have to destroy the Doctor's hand).

lol ah reet

BC - 303
October 27th, 2006, 12:43 AM
actually you have to destroy the doctors sword, not hand. Proving that the sword was reclaimed. (as was the hand by Capt. Jack)

pbellosom
October 27th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Some other things we know:

- At some point Torchwood will go public. A large cobalt pyramid will be built on the site of "The Torchwood Institute" (Does this mean Torchwood house or one of the others).
- At some point an organisation will exist called the "Torchwood Archives", it is in all probability just part of Torchwood though, and they will send a team to explore the impossible planet.

Mr Prophet
October 27th, 2006, 08:39 AM
actually you have to destroy the doctors sword, not hand. Proving that the sword was reclaimed. (as was the hand by Capt. Jack)

I wonder if the Leamington Spa Lifeboat Museum was TW4.

BC - 303
November 5th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Nice theory
Green for that.