• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori vs ships from different Sci-Fi series, analasys of their strenght

Ori vs

... Starwars
    Imperial Class Star Destroyer
    Type: Capital starship
    Weapons: 60 Turbolaser Batteries, 60 Ion Cannon Batteries, 10 Tractor Beam Projectors
    Number of Crew: 37,085 individuals
    Passenger Capacity: 9,700 Troops

Since none of the starwars ships have known shielding, the Ori weapon would probably simply shoot right trough the ship. As far as we know, Star Destroyers are extremely slow and would therefore be an easy target. Their weapons (Ion cannons, Lasers, Rockets) would no doubt put the Ori shields to a test, however, we have seen that Ha'tak fleets have no effect on these toilet ships, so we can assume that a Star Destroyer would be reduced to a burning heap of rubble within a few minutes.

Super Star Destroyer Executor
    Type: Super-class Star Destroyer
    Weapons: Turbolaser Batteries, Heavy Turbolaser Batteries, Concussion Missile Tubes, Ion Cannons, Tractor Beam Emplacements
    Number of Crew: 280,734
    Passenger Capacity: 38,000 troops

Although massive, this ship is extremely slow and does not posses shielding, like the Imperial Star Destroyer. However, its massive size, many squadrons of fighters and the fact that its weapons pack a punch, it might be able to penetrate Ori shielding. Should the Ori however fire a few shots at this collosal beast, it would be as useless as any ship from the Imperial Fleet.

.... Star Trek

Sovereign class

This ship would be more then a match for a lone Ori toilet ship. Since these ships all carry shields that are very powerful it would take the Ori a few shots to penetrate their shielding, and then the ships hull. The biggest benefactor would be its agility and speed, it would circle around the Ori ships firing from all sides with their fases, and quantum torpedoes. It would be safe to assume that StarTrek ships / fleets would be more then a match for the Ori.

Against the first one, i would say that the Ori would win, not by much, but i think they would. The Ori have ALOT more advanced technology, there weapons + defencive sheilds, look at the episode how the Ori defence satalite beam went strait throught the sheilds of the Promo. But if the weapons don't go through the sheilds, i'd say this would probably be equil. But eventually lose.

The second one is a masive very well armored and very well built/strong star ship. I would have no doubt that the Executor would win, all though the Ori weapon would most likely go through the sheilds, it would take so many shots to take the thing down. I'd say probably 9 or 10. Just a guess. But all of the weapons on the ship, would own it so hard. As i said in the other one, if it didn't go through the sheilds, i would say this would absolutly own the Ori ship.

The Star Trek ship, Sovereign class, this ship has very good sheilds, and good weapons, but not many weapons/forms to attack with. It would do good damage to the Ori, but wouldn't really do good if the Ori ship kept firing at it. This ship would get taken down so easy.

Well that is my opinion, i'm probably wrong, but thats what i think. This was a good topic , i can't beleive how good the Executor is, look at the people it can hold, and the size, i mean.. Wow..

Comment

Uhm starwars ships are known to have shielding though....difference being that they have multiple types. Some that repel matter and some that repel energy....

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Starwars shields aren't very good, first, they aren't "bubbles" so its mostly an extra layer on the existing hull. The fact that most lasers etc go trough their shields easely, shows that cap ships rely mostly on their firepower and hull strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Freek View Post
          Starwars shields aren't very good, first, they aren't "bubbles" so its mostly an extra layer on the existing hull. The fact that most lasers etc go trough their shields easely, shows that cap ships rely mostly on their firepower and hull strength.
          True, but think of how strong the Ori weapons are, wouldn't take that much to take down a Star Wars ship (no offence to SW ). Well atleast i don't think so. Ori are powerfull, they have very good technology.

Comment

The Problem with star Wars Imperal ships is that they never travel alone (unless a trap)
            It would probley be 4-6 Star Destroyers and 1-2 Super Star Destroyers vs. 1-2 Ori ships.

In that kind of Battle The Super ship would destroy the ori shield, it would be taken out, and then the Star D. would finish off the Ori ships.

As for a one on one battle the Star Destroyer would break down the shield a bit but the Ori ship would win.
            As for the Super S.D. it would probley damge the ship before being taken out.

As for Star Trek the Ori ship would recive some damge but would bust the other ship.

But none of the ships would stand against the Death Star.
            Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
            Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
            new enemy of the Ori
            At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

I would say the sovereign, don't quote me on this, but in one of the various tech manuals for star wars, the lasers are rated around 100 KW or something like that. whereas a phaser for the sovereign is..
              126 x Type XII5 phaser arrays6, total output 85,000 TeraWatts
              Also, Quantum torpedos work by creating a zero point explosion.. basically you're huge ZPM's.

I would say the sovereign would have the best chance of winning against the Ori.

Comment

Quantum Torpedoes are able to penetrate shields We dont know much about the accuracy of the Ori weapons since we haven't seen them in action against fast moving ships.

As for starwars ships moving in fleets, I agree. Typically, an Imperial fleet prepped for combat would consist of 4 Imperial Star Destroyers, and one Super Star Destroyer. These would carry many TIE fighters nad TIE bombers, as well as troop transports to invade planets.

HOWEVER, we have seen that starwars ships are relatively weak, half of their shots miss, and when they do hit, they seem to do some pretty hefty damage to their opposing starwars ships. The Ori weapon would need only one or two shots at an ISD, and my guess is about 6 at an SSD. Now, the Ori typically also move in fleets of 3 or 4 ships when going into battle, and their ships also have some pretty awesome / overpowered fighters on board.

StarTrek fleets would totaly waste the Ori, their most advanced fleets consist of lots of anti-borg ships like the Sovereign, Akira and Defiant-class ships.

I haven't bothered listing BSG ships, since we know one or two nukes takes out a Battlestar. so an Ori beam weapon wouldnt have any problems with those at all.

Comment

Quantum Torpedoes are able to penetrate shields We dont know much about the accuracy of the Ori weapons since we haven't seen them in action against fast moving ships.
                  Yes.. as for their smaller lesser weapons, i have no doubt they'd be able to hit the sovereign, but the Main weapon.. with the ship moving at full speed, i have serious doubts as to the ability of it to hit it.

As for starwars ships moving in fleets, I agree. Typically, an Imperial fleet prepped for combat would consist of 4 Imperial Star Destroyers, and one Super Star Destroyer. These would carry many TIE fighters nad TIE bombers, as well as troop transports to invade planets.
                  Yup..

HOWEVER, we have seen that starwars ships are relatively weak, half of their shots miss, and when they do hit, they seem to do some pretty hefty damage to their opposing starwars ships. The Ori weapon would need only one or two shots at an ISD, and my guess is about 6 at an SSD. Now, the Ori typically also move in fleets of 3 or 4 ships when going into battle, and their ships also have some pretty awesome / overpowered fighters on board.
                  Roughly, they're crude and inaccurate, but reletively strong.

StarTrek fleets would totaly waste the Ori, their most advanced fleets consist of lots of anti-borg ships like the Sovereign, Akira and Defiant-class ships.
                  No doubt in my mind here, the soverign, would by a safe margin win against the ori, while the defiant in my opinion would completely obliterate Ori fleets, my reasoning is this:

1, the defiant is equipped with the most powerful non starbase weapons out of any Alpha quad fleet. The Pulse phasers work on the principle that the initial burst on a phaser is the most powerful, and it is armed with quantum torpedos

2, It is incrediblely Agile and fast, it could almost spin circles around a Ori battlecruiser.

3, It's defensive systems are superb, with shielding near that of a galexy class, and the ablative armor system.

If the Ori was lucky enough to even hit the Defiant with it's main cannon Would it even do really any damage vs the shields, and even the ablative armor, which is ment to disperse energy and heat long the surface, like a extra layer of skin.

Comment

I think the DS9's Defiant will kick ass. As long as it doesn’t get hit.
                    Even a Borg cube will do main. But then again it does explode after 1 hit from species 8479 bio ship just as a toilet seat blows up the Goa’uld mother ship with 1 hit

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                      I think the DS9's Defiant will kick ass. As long as it doesn’t get hit.
                      Even a Borg cube will do main. But then again it does explode after 1 hit from species 8479 bio ship just as a toilet seat blows up the Goa’uld mother ship with 1 hit
                      even a borg cube??? borg cubes are far more powerful than defiant classes and sovereign classes infact they're possible the most power ship in the star trek galaxy!

and it didn't take 1 hit to blow up it took several, and species 8472 can blow up planets
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Yes but a Borg Cube is uber-slow, and I think there's some contested facts in the ST canon whether it has shields or not, but it would be an easy target for the Ori, the Borg would lose 20 or so cubes before finding a way to defeat the shields of Ori ships. However, if they like assimilate an Ori ship or one of the Priors... OMG

Comment

The defiant has a good chance, being able to manover around and not get hit.
                          Hola

Hello

Comment

Yes but a Borg Cube is uber-slow, and I think there's some contested facts in the ST canon whether it has shields or not, but it would be an easy target for the Ori, the Borg would lose 20 or so cubes before finding a way to defeat the shields of Ori ships. However, if they like assimilate an Ori ship or one of the Priors... OMG
                            slow maybe but it took several dozen ships including defiant class to destroy it and that was only when the combined fleet focused an overall force measuring in the gigatons on a single spot...

it's not contested the borg cubes have shields!!! they have regenerative shields and they can adapt to weapons so unless the ori can adjust their weapon frequencies they're only going to get a couple of shots...

if a defiant class or sovereign class can surposedly defeat the ori ships than the borg can take on about 10
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

So let's resume. A prior is able to cast a shield that will able to entirely cover a planet, protect it from anything, absorb enemy fire and eventually, when necessary, crush a planet into a black hole.
                              That without any particular power source safe eventually an open stargate with only a limited amount of power transfer allowed, and a staff.

On the other hand, you have a warship, powered by a generator dwarfing a 304 and protected by shields that render any suicidal Ha'tak as effective as an insect splattering against a windshield.

Eventually, logic would follow the idea that if there's something that can take down those ori shields, it's certainly not raw firepower.
                              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                              X