MacGyver Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacGyver Discussion/Appreciation

Monday 30th August. 11.0am Macgyver: Lost Treasure of Atlantis.

Oh the irony is killong me!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

You're right about the irony in the title ! I've only ever seen a bit of a McGyver movie,and of course I know all about the Simpsons jokes .Also the RDA homages.

Anyone seen this movie before ?
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 28 August 2004, 03:46 PM. Reason: Spelling .....
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Can't say I've watched McGyver for the last 8 years or so.

Comment

I'm going to have to do a search for info about the series and the movies myself !
        (Also obviously I didn't spell the name right,so I'd better edit that earlier post ! )

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
          I'm going to have to do a search for info about the series and the movies myself !
          Just go to RDAnderson.com for your info. They tend to be really good at keeping abreast of his work.

Comment

I'll have to check that out myself. I didn't know there was a movie. Must have been made for television.
            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
            it has it's own laws and beats about things
            which the intellect scorns."
            - Mark Twain -

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Jafana ! I'll check it out.
              There's got to be loads of info about this movie there.

Comment

and as an added bonus, there are quick and easy links to some of his more studly pictures.

Comment

Natch ! Of course,I found out in a different thread,(thanks Frostfox ! ) that Brian Blessed is in this film too.
                  I've always enjoyed BB's over the top flamboyance,and he's a really funny guy in interviews too.............Ok,I'm a sad sack .Also an aging one lol !

Maybe next visit,I'll try to focus on the info about the film in question .
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 29 August 2004, 12:53 PM. Reason: Typo: Sorry Frostfox.No dissing intended...I'll type the right name next time,ok ?

Comment

LoL..... watching it as i post. OK, so the trucks got no engine...... lets just lash two missiles to the sides of the truck to give it momentum. Classic stuff.

Comment

Entertaining but a bit predictable.
                      RDA with long hair! LOL!
                      Like the bit where he dismantled an AK-47/74? in about 10 seconds to find something to pic the locks with.
                      The end with the kids was funny. Seems to me BB's character didn't really know anything about altlantis and was just making stuff up.
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

Comment

i'm really left with just one question? Does MacGyver have a first name?
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

First name "Angus",CW.
                          I liked this film, but couldn't help smirking at the mumbling about "Atlantis Rising" when they looked at the Ark !
                          I'm only sorry I missed the first 15 mins.
                          Interesting "names".Co-Produced by John Sheppard .Hmm....! Probably already discussed elsewhere.
                          Joint-Executive producer:Henry Winkler...AKA Arthur Fonzarelli !
                          Fun adventure film,IMO.
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 30 August 2004, 07:21 AM.

Comment

I was channel hopping and caught the film by accident, missing a fair chunk of the start. I joined the action as they were escaping from Battersea power station, now known as the Tate Modern. Can anybody tell me, were they supposed to be in London, or in some distant foreign land?
                            sigpic

Comment

Don't forget.. Its an American series. London is in some distant foreign land.

Lost Treasure was a TV movie for ABC from 1994, followed by Trail to Doomsday later in the year.
                              The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Working...
                              X