Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scifi Channel In Australia Coming Dec 1!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scifi Channel In Australia Coming Dec 1!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's about time!
    On Foxtel Digital!
    "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
    "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
    Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Excuse me a moment.

*Returns with giant cake and streamers and an airhorn the size of Tasmania*

YEAH THATS RIGHT! TAKE THAT PRIME! YOU FAIL! YOU FAIL!

Comment

First of all this is great news, however is it going to be part of the basic foxtel package or will it cost extra???

Will this make channel sevens coverage obselete??? I bloody hope so!!

Comment

Its goin to cost extra if u only have the basic package

Comment

Congratulations Australia! Or something. >_>'

You'll get to see the 2nd half of the current seasons in March and I shudder to imagine what the heck they plan to do with Atlantis next year.

Comment

Oooh, does this mean that you get to be subject to the same horrid programming the rest of the time? Lousy movies, bad reruns and non-science fiction? I hope they do better by you blokes. Man cannot live by Stargate, Atlantis, and BSG alone!
            sigpic

Comment

I just assumed they were going to get the exact same thing as the Americans (at the same times too). But is this going to be a Sci-Fi AUS kind of thing?

Comment

Australia, you have my condolences.

By the way already a thread on this.
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=36493
                Last edited by jds1982; 22 October 2006, 09:28 AM.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

The lineup doesn't look too bad.
                  http://www.scifitv.com.au/home/
                  I *have* to get it...occupational hazard , but for everyone else, it's a far, far better deal than having to set the VCR/DVD for 11.30pm on the commercial stations on the off chance you might get an out-of-sequence re-run.
                  Sonny
                  www.sonnywhitelaw.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    Oooh, does this mean that you get to be subject to the same horrid programming the rest of the time? Lousy movies, bad reruns and non-science fiction? I hope they do better by you blokes. Man cannot live by Stargate, Atlantis, and BSG alone!
                    Agreed. I hope your SciFi channel is better than ours. With the exception of SG-1 and Doctor Who, I find better science fiction on every channel but the Scifi channel.
                    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Screw Sci-Fi.

But good luck with getting sci-fi shows sooner now, and hopefully it will be better than Prime.

I digress... Screw Sci-Fi.

Comment

The channel will be available to Foxtel Digital subscribers on the “Laughter & Living” and “My Escape” package tiers, as an a-la-carte channel and in the "Fun" tier for Austar Digital.

And as this is great news id like to point out there only starting with sg-1 season 9 and sga season 1

Hurry up and show new eps so a whole nation can watch the new ones legally!

Comment

What do people think about the new SciFi channel being launched Dec 1 on foxtel. From what i can tell it is similar to the US one (they have the same logo.
                          Check it out at www.scifitv.com.au
                          They will be airing Stargate Sg1 and Atlantis aswell as a whole lot of sci fi shows including BSG and All the Startreks

Comment

There's already a thread on this topic in the news folder.
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=36860
                            You might check there to see what folks are saying and thinking about it.
                            Ta.
                            sigpic

Comment

There's another thread about this:-
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=36493

Comment

Working...
                              X