This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covenant Aftermath

Does anyone think that hopefully the people of Earth will finally find out about the Stargate program at some point this season? People got interested during Covenant, and I really want to see the truth finally come out...

Obviously the public will find out eventually, but during this season? I Don't think so, not unless they reveal it in the finale, which would suck IMO. It would be so nice too see private companies and governments invest in the constrution and development of technology as one planet, not a billion nations.

This is where the UN come in. For example: If anyone uses their BC-303's for Earth related matters all other countries MUST take action, so that alien technology won't be misused.

Ofcourse the US will get alot of money for all the research and development they've put in.

Comment

I really don't want the public to find out. Even though I know it isn't, the fact that no one knows makes it feel more real. I'd be OK with more countries or people learning about the 'gate, but not the general public.
      Rocky

Comment

I'd settle for the gate not being public knowledge but more international cooperation. Lets face it, the US doesn't have infinite resources and manpower.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
          Obviously the public will find out eventually, but during this season? I Don't think so, not unless they reveal it in the finale, which would suck IMO. It would be so nice too see private companies and governments invest in the constrution and development of technology as one planet, not a billion nations.

This is where the UN come in. For example: If anyone uses their BC-303's for Earth related matters all other countries MUST take action, so that alien technology won't be misused.

Ofcourse the US will get alot of money for all the research and development they've put in.

I dont really like the UN controlling the Stargate and all other stuff.
          sigpic
          The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Did I say the UN should control the gate or all the other stuff?

And why don't you like the idea?

Comment

Hmm, not sure about general public knowing about the Stargate.I don't think they should ever find out, never!

But I have another question. Why is there not going to be new episodes next friday?
              "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

As long as the gate is kept secret, I can relate to the show more than any other SciFi. That's what I love about SG-1.
                Vae Victus - Livy

Comment

If they let the public know about the existence of the stargate and the SGC, it will go a long way to ruin my "conspiracy-theory paranoia." I don't want that!

On another tact; I don't think other countries would really contribute that much financially. Every little bit would help if it didn't come with a bunch of strings attached, but that'll never happen. In fact some countries would just use the knowledge to lean on us more as a crutch.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I'd rather the entire world didn't know about the stargate. What's wrong with secrets? I like secrets and I really don't want to know what the government is up to. I think that the world in Icon? was exactly what would happen on Earth, there would be a world war over the gate. If there wasn't it wouldn't be realistic, I know it's only a tv show but still.

Comment

Originally posted by raeble
                      I'd rather the entire world didn't know about the stargate. What's wrong with secrets? I like secrets and I really don't want to know what the government is up to. I think that the world in Icon? was exactly what would happen on Earth, there would be a world war over the gate. If there wasn't it wouldn't be realistic, I know it's only a tv show but still.
                      Thatta (boy?girl?)
                      *pets Prim'tah*
                      Just put your head back in the sand.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

There is no "of course" about reimbursing the USA for start-up costs. In fact, the UN will just send a bill as it usually does to fund its own operations. Sheesh.
                        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs

If anything the US will be required to give up all it's research to all countries in the UN in order to balance the playing field. The US could refuse but then face sanctions all the other countries out of the loop.

Comment

Well Russia, China, France, UK, and more already know about it, so one could start with intergrating those. Having international crews on the BC-303's, allowing other countries to build F-302's to start with. Later on if everything goes well, they'll be allowed to build BC-303s too. Ofcourse they'd have to put in alot of money into the SGC and offworld sites since they need Nq and Trinium.

Comment

The General Assembly is dominated by authoritarian or tyrannical governments; the Security Council can be stymied by vetos; and the General Secretariat is run by incompetent and bureaucratic kleptocrats,(see the food for oil program the UN ran before the Iraq war). The UN represents governments, not people.

It would be better if the US ran the Stargate or the US and a small alliance of capable countries.
                              Last edited by priornavalperson; 28 August 2004, 12:19 PM. Reason: that ##$@%!! keyboard types what I press

Comment

Working...
                              X