This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duke Nuke Em

What the Hell will rail guns do to A Goa’uld Mother Ship with Full Shields????

I ask this because in Session 1 episode 21 and Session 2 episode 1 (2 Part) Earth lunches 2 Nukes, which are Naqahdah Enriched or Enhanced on two Mother Ships, which belonged to Apophis and his son, Klorel. (PS these may have not been Nukes that had Weapons-Grade Naqahdah as Session 1 – 2 didn’t talk about it much.

If the Nukes can't do any damage to Mother Ships, what the hell would Rail Guns do???

This thought is even worst when shooting at Hive Ships.

Spoiler:
    In Session 3 ep 1 (no man land) the Deadalus lunches up to 10 Nukes, most of which impacted the shields. (i have been told that same darts stopped a few) So my question again what the hell will Rail Guns do to a Hive Ship.

Rail Guns are good for one thing only. Taking down Darts and Gliders. It’s no point humiliating yourself by firing at Hive Ships or Mother Ships with Rail Guns. It's a Joke and just shows that Earth has no serious weapons.

I think it’ll be better if you were just to beam Nukes in the ship or If the Shields where up, beam the Nukes just outside the Shields.

Last edited by VSHARMA; 21 October 2006, 03:40 PM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

The nukes that hit the Hataks never detonated since they hit the shields.

And all but one (?) of the nukes in No Man's Land were intercepted by the darts. The Hives don't have shields.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

And all but one (?) of the nukes in No Man's Land were intercepted by the darts. The Hives don't have shields.
      More than one got through, but since they all hit round about the same place I don't think they'd of made much difference

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
        What the Hell will rail guns do to A Goa’uld Mother Ship with Full Shields????
        Not much, when the Odyssey opened up on 3 motherships it was said they were causing minimal damage...

Comment

if there nukes impacts the shields then i want to see what damge it could do if the earth ships detonated one right next to hit without touching the shields would make a little difference
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            The nukes that hit the Hataks never detonated since they hit the shields.

TRUE. Never thought of that. But don't they go off when they hit any target.

Hives din't have shields???????? Is this true with the Curser's as well???????

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

well the rail guns have a big advantage over the enery wepons they have a much higer rate of fire and i dont think that the rail guns were ment to be a main battery but the kenatic energy against the shields I think that it translates into energy that can weaken a sheild not sure how but thats what ive heard but i forget where

Comment

Yes, that is how they were explained to me. rail Guns are meant to drain shields because of their power (Supprisingly very very powerful in reality , a fist size projectile can sink a naval ship from 6 miles away)and the rate of fire. Also, if you recall, te two nukes violently shook the hataks when they didnt even detonate

Comment

Yeah, thats what I never understood about the railguns. As scaled up to the size used on the X-304s would leave any ha'tak with weakened shields looking like swiss cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                    TRUE. Never thought of that. But don't they go off when they hit any target.

Hives din't have shields???????? Is this true with the Curser's as well???????
                    Yep it's true for both of them. They don't really need em since the ships are organic and therefore heal themselves. Trueits a bit stupid but that's how it's done. Personally I like how TPTB have managed to create an enemy that hasn't got the usual defensive capabilities but still manages to kick our asses.

Originally posted by Aroura-Gate View Post
                    well the rail guns have a big advantage over the enery wepons they have a much higer rate of fire and i dont think that the rail guns were ment to be a main battery but the kenatic energy against the shields I think that it translates into energy that can weaken a sheild not sure how but thats what ive heard but i forget where
                    Yeah I think tha's true. In the end though the Rail Guns are still a defensive weapon to be used against gliders and other small ships. It always has. The nukes are their primary weapon. I think that time weapon the 304 went against the Hataks they were just trying to draw the Hataks fire to gain more time for SG1 to finish their job before taking too much damage and having to retreat.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      Yep it's true for both of them. They don't really need em since the ships are organic and therefore heal themselves. Trueits a bit stupid but that's how it's done. Personally I like how TPTB have managed to create an enemy that hasn't got the usual defensive capabilities but still manages to kick our asses.

Yeah I think tha's true. In the end though the Rail Guns are still a defensive weapon to be used against gliders and other small ships. It always has. The nukes are their primary weapon. I think that time weapon the 304 went against the Hataks they were just trying to draw the Hataks fire to gain more time for SG1 to finish their job before taking too much damage and having to retreat.

thts true, Odyssey was just buying time for SG-1, and also it had only 90 percent her systems operating. Don't for get the the 304's have Main railguns.

p.s. the 304's are BC and DSC not X.

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
                        p.s. the 304's are BC and DSC not X.
                        there not even BC

Comment

Originally posted by Aroura-Gate View Post
                          there not even BC
                          Well tht has yet to be proven.

Comment

ok

Comment

well maybe, they can put naquida explosives on the rail gun ammo

Comment

Working...
                              X