X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Tactics?

Spoilers.......

OK...I don't know if maybe someone else has has brought this up before but....in the episode where the jaffa used the dakara weapon to kill off that planet, and then they tried to take the ship...Adria retook the ship and went off after Dakara....I thought Dakara was the Jaffa capital and deep inside Jaffa space, wouldn't it be heavily defended....and if the Ori ship got there so easily and took out the weapon....why have they not done this to Earth? if it is so easy slip by the entire Jaffa navy, and take out their capital, how hard could it be slip by the tiny (by comparison) human fleet, and just take Earth out of the fight....The jaffa have lots of planets and lots of ships....it takes time to hunt them down....but earth is a pretty stationary target, and neutralizing it would certainly take much of the fight out of the humans,....so why have they not done it?

welcome to the forums, we dont know why the ori havent attacked yet, they have already done so in other universes but it is speculated that they may be afraid of our superweapon or the ancients may have left some hidden piece of technology that makes it dangerous for priors to use their powers here.

as far as ori tactics go, they really dont need any do they? as far as ships go they can get by through brute force, but for their warriors probably tricks in th book of origin
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I assume when the Ori are ready to attack Earth, their ego requires nothing less than a full out attack, planet-wide invasion and suppression of the population along with Bible and Koran book burnings, etc.

The attack on Dakara was strategic, not an invasion. Earth's only viable defense is the Antarctica station, which is good for local use only. The Dakara weapon could strike any planet in the galaxy with dialable stargate. Hence the immediate need to locate and destroy the Dakara weapon.

From an Ori point of view, Earth is mostly helpless and can wait until they have the manpower to dominate a high-population planet.
      --Gilgamesh

"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be." - Douglas Adams

Comment

The lack of ships around Dakara is most likely due to the fact that the Ancient weapon was going to be fired when the Ori ship arrives.

You wouldn't want to be in orbit when that wave hits, believe me.

Comment

I believe the reason that the Ori have not attack Earth is because of the Ancient Oupost in Antartica. It is prolly the only one in the MW that is functioning, and the only thing that the Ori are skeptical about.

And PG15 is right, when the Ancient Weapon on Dakara fired, not only would it have gone through the Stargate, but also the fired around the planet. So if it was fired and there were Jaffa and Motherships around the planet when the weapon fired it would have killed them. That is why there was no one around.

: Green is Good.
          sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

The thing the ori built these ships to conquer this galaxy, they knew about the weapon in antartica, and they knew that our zpm would in the pegasus galaxy from daniel mind, now put all that togeather a pin point attack by the ori taking out the antartica outpost pretty much in a single attack, would emliminate our one and only defence which may work, leaving us wide open to a attack in the future. Little or nothing could be done to stop them, such a pinpoint attack could be organise to be quick and accurate. Also they would of learn that it would take about three weeks before we are able to get the zpm back to earth. Which means we were wide open for attack when they first arrive and given our history and the amount of enemies we have defeated, we would be on any one who cares about tatics or winning be one on top of their list of things to do/

The only reason and I mean the only reason it has not happen yet is that the writers cannot destroyed earth, as the series would end that the one and only reason and nothing else. See they do care about tactics, well that why they went to attack Chulak because it been at the center of the jaffa rebels, also they relise probably from danield this was where teal'c and bra'tac main support base and as the main ones to oppose them when they tried to use garek, would of been their main target knowing from the past that would be one of the centres of resistence,. The next one would surly be earth.

I also find it strange they target such planets as LANGARA and Hebridan who have not eactly been big players on the intergalic stage compare to earth.

Comment

The Ori don't have tactics, nor do they need them. All they have to do is drop out of hyperspace and kick everyones asses.

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

the ori soldiers and priors arnt very tactical like they are farmers and that and driving a ship in an incoming gate says enough or that they arnt clever

plus earth as six billion and the ori people in milk galaxy has a few thousand

my guess is that the ori are afraid adria must of read daniel s mind and took vast or abit of knowledge to learn the ancients first setted there giving many possible threats and technology such as the drone chair weapon

or that they cant find it.
                sigpic

Comment

Earth is a single planet with 2 ships. It isn't very important either to the Ori either considering how unintellegent they are. Their tactics: Jaffa tactics
                  Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

I thought the thread said Ori Testacies. WHF is wrong with me.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Ori tactics, why? The Prior's, the plague's, the bugs, all are the message of the Ori. The Supergate, their ships, Adria, who stated that the only real threat to the Ori was Merlin's weapon. The Ori are destroying, and conquering planets, while at the same time having their message of Origin spread by the people they've conquered. The Ori have shown very efficient tactics, in that they've not only easily been able to convert, or defeat their enemies, but they have also used the people of Earth, the Jaffa, and a great many other's as pawn's. Pawn's who spread the word of the Ori, by seeming like complete idiot's when spouting the words of the Ancient's, because they've only managed by thus doing to get the people who would have believed them killed. The Ori are using Daniel, and group of loyal comrades as a device to weed out the people who can't be converted, and the Ori's plan isn't even partly complete yet.

Comment

In other words, their tactics are more Sun Tzu than Clausewitz. They've already laid and executed other clandestine plans in a thousand indirect ways, so by the time they meet their enemies on the battlefield they don't need to have complicated battle plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
                          I believe the reason that the Ori have not attack Earth is because of the Ancient Oupost in Antartica. It is prolly the only one in the MW that is functioning, and the only thing that the Ori are skeptical about.
                          aaah this is reminiscent of a long string of debates I've had over the "ancient drones vs ori shields" issue...must...resist...temptation...to rekindle...flames of debate...

success duh

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                            I thought the thread said Ori Testacies. WHF is wrong with me.
                            Wha is a testacie?
                            did you mean to put an L instead of I?

Comment

Well I imagine the Priors must be capable of reproduction...

Comment

Working...
                              X