Robin Hood (BBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robin Hood (BBC)

After watching the first two episodes of the new show, I'm actually really liking it though it may be camp and slightly unnatural - like throwing a sword and knocking two guys off a wall. Ah well, it reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean...and I love Pirates of the Caribbean. It also reminds me of A Knight's Tale which I really like as well.
    I think that Jonas Armstrong is perfect as the role of Robin, and I love the tense atmosphere building up between him and Marian - How are they going to pull it off I wonder?

Anyone else watching Robin Hood on BBC One?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

I watched the first episode, but it has too much of a mismach of history and I was not convinced by it.

Comment

Bloody aweful, I felt the writing was sub-par, camera work was unoriginal, the action was laughable (I know its not supposed to be realistic but COME ON! The sword thing, who thought that up?) . As for the acting, it felt like they had never even done a table read, let alone rehearsed properly.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

The first ep was a bit talky for my little boys. And it hit you over the head approximately 1.7 times per minute with a great big plank bearing the words THIS IS A COMMENTARY ON THE CURRENT SITUATION IN THE MIDDLE EAST. And it was about as historically accurate as... as Guy of Gisburne in motorcycle leathers.

But they were rather fetching motorcycle leathers. Whoever the actor is seems to have been told "we couldn't afford Sean Bean so we got you, but could you make it look like we did get old sharpie? Cheers mate," but he chews the scenery nicely. And Robin is a bit of alright, very alright, in a sort of Damon Albarn's Scampish Kid Brother way.

Second episode was better received by the kids, more action. Still rather preposterous, and as historically accurate as... as the Sherrif of Nottingham in Paul Smith black silk pyjamas and a M&S dressing gown. But fun.

I'll keep watching, I think.

Madeleine

Comment

The actor playing Guy of Gisbourne is Richard Armitage who gave a wonderful performance in BBC's North & South a couple of years ago.

Comment

I love Robin Hood its grate its a tv program i like that there no chance he will miss the only problem is that i Know the story already
            sigpic
            Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
            Metal gear fan

Comment

I like it, its good easy viewing and it doesnt hurt that the guy who plays robin is quite good looking

i will definatly keep watching it

Comment

I agree with The Signal. Like their new dr who, I found it unwatchable and cringeworthy. Wont be seeing anymore personally.
                Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab View Post
                  I agree with The Signal. Like their new dr who, I found it unwatchable and cringeworthy. Wont be seeing anymore personally.
                  The new Doctor Who is awesome!!!! HOW DARE YOU.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

I think it's brilliant! In an acceptably naff but very enjoyable if you sit back and let it wash over you BBC kinda way. Doctor Who, Robin Hood, Torchwood. I'm falling in love with the BBC again, they're clearly trying to bring back decent weekend family tv.

I love Much already. The Sherriff is brilliantly insane as well, Robin's a bit dull but I can live with it.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

it's good, but the way Jonas Armstrong plays Robin, he just strikes me as a chav version of Robin, but still an extremely likeable chav

it's a good programme, however i've only seen the first episode, i've missed the last two due to a field trip and not having a tv, so very annoying, but i should be able to see the next episode.

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
                        Bloody aweful, I felt the writing was sub-par, camera work was unoriginal, the action was laughable (I know its not supposed to be realistic but COME ON! The sword thing, who thought that up?) . As for the acting, it felt like they had never even done a table read, let alone rehearsed properly.
                        I thought it was terrible. Hideously inaccurate, OTT, badly acted, trying too hard... god, just awful. And the Beeb is raving about it as if it were the best thing since sliced bread. I got so pissed off after about 10 minutes that I couldn't stand to watch more; hubby persevered in the hope it would get better. He said it didn't.

He is still persevering and says the 2nd ep was marginally better but there's no way in hell I'll be watching it. The acting alone is enough to put me off - it's so hammy, and drama-school luvvy. I didn't feel any kind of connection with any one of the characters in the show. It was just baaaaaad.

And Torchwood's not much better... *sigh*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shovar View Post
                          it's good, but the way Jonas Armstrong plays Robin, he just strikes me as a chav version of Robin, but still an extremely likeable chav

it's a good programme, however i've only seen the first episode, i've missed the last two due to a field trip and not having a tv, so very annoying, but i should be able to see the next episode.
                          Hmmm, I dont think he acts like a chav though I do think he acts like a teenager - If he acted like a chav then he'd be graffiteeing churches and being racist and all scally-like(IHATETHOSEGUYS!!!1 )
                          I think he's just a show off, but I beleive that everyone shows off in their own little way.

sigpic

Comment

There's a show about Robin Hood?

Comment

I'm planning to see it, if only to drool over the very yummy Richard Armitage... who looks quite decent in leathers if I may say so.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                              X