This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staff Weapon = Power to Dial Pegasus

In the Fifth Race, in season two, O'Niell powers the stargate to dial to the Asgard home galaxy, using a disposable power device, which drew it's power from the power source from Teal'c's staff weapon.

Think about that for a second. How many millions of staff weapons are in the galaxy. Well, a whole lot. Drawing from that power source was enough to open a gateway to another galaxy, the only other 8th chevron lock.

I say we right up like.....4 thousand staff weapons, and make our own freakin' ZPM. Except, we'll call it something cool like, "A Big Staff Power Source Thing" . ABSPST......yea that works. The point is, if we studied that thing that O'Niell made, we could rig our own rediculous power source. This would probably even take less time, effort and money than finding another ZPM. I know we have the problem of interfacing with Atlantean technology, but hey, as Meybourn said, "Good old human ingenuity won through."
    Jack (Addressing Teal'c): You're so.....shallow!
    Daniel: Oh please, Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know, I mean, he's so deep! Come on, tell them how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
    Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this converstation.
    Daniel: OH! You see!?
    Jack: No more beer for you.

Bring back SG-1 on SciFi, or the terrorists win.

Originally posted by VolrathEvincar View Post
    In the Fifth Race, in season two, O'Niell powers the stargate to dial to the Asgard home galaxy, using a disposable power device, which drew it's power from the power source from Teal'c's staff weapon.

Think about that for a second. How many millions of staff weapons are in the galaxy. Well, a whole lot. Drawing from that power source was enough to open a gateway to another galaxy, the only other 8th chevron lock.

I say we right up like.....4 thousand staff weapons, and make our own freakin' ZPM. Except, we'll call it something cool like, "A Big Staff Power Source Thing" . ABSPST......yea that works. The point is, if we studied that thing that O'Niell made, we could rig our own rediculous power source. This would probably even take less time, effort and money than finding another ZPM. I know we have the problem of interfacing with Atlantean technology, but hey, as Meybourn said, "Good old human ingenuity won through."
    That device was given to the alternate reality of earth to dial ida to enlist the help of the asgard in defending earth from a goa'uld invasion. We left it there.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

I don't think that provided the power to get to another galaxy.
      I suspect it's a bit like a zero point module. It gets it's true power from Zero Point Energy but I think that they must work by draining a small amount of power to keep the dimension open. Which is why ZPM's deplete. There's another power source within them which is weaker but that can't be replenished.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        I don't think that provided the power to get to another galaxy.
        Well it did.

Comment

IMO I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            IMO I doubt it.
            It's not a case of opinion, it did, its stargate cannon, we saw it in the show.

Comment

Like I said, in The Fifth Race. They went to the Asgard home galaxy. That's why he needed to make the device in the first place.
              Jack (Addressing Teal'c): You're so.....shallow!
              Daniel: Oh please, Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know, I mean, he's so deep! Come on, tell them how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
              Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this converstation.
              Daniel: OH! You see!?
              Jack: No more beer for you.

Bring back SG-1 on SciFi, or the terrorists win.

Comment

i think it was a makeshift ZPM that didn't actually draw its power from the staff powersource but was used to power the subspace tap....

Comment

It didn't seriously, the device needed the weird raidoactive looking green stuff to work that was the power source and after Jack had gone to Ida the green gunk had been totally used up

Comment

We don't know how to make another one. And the thing probably burnt out after "Point of View" again (beyond repair).

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance View Post
                      i think it was a makeshift ZPM that didn't actually draw its power from the staff powersource but was used to power the subspace tap....
                      I agree. That was what I was trying to get at. After the energy for the subspace tap was gone it could no longer get it's power from subspace. This would also explain why Zero Point modules get depleted.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        It's not a case of opinion, it did, its stargate cannon, we saw it in the show.
                        Yes but it never said in the show what it's purpose actually was. All O'Neill said was 'I need this'. He never said it was the primary powersource.
                        We don't know how the device actually worked either. Judgeing from the way it glowed I'd say it was a make shift ZPM but with less energy. The energy derived from the Staff power cell was merely to open a hole in subspace at which point the stargate could draw it's energy from that. After the energy from the staff power cell was depleted then the hole in subspace could no longer be maintained and therefore there was no more power.
                        Like I said no one really knows cos it was never fully explained in the episode.

Comment

Here is a theory, maybe the device that O'Neill made worked in conjunction with the SGC's power supply to create a ZPM. That would explain why it drained so quickly. IMO it is something that essentially boosts whatever type of power being used to the level of power a ZPM would use, which would explain why it opened up a wormhole to the Ada Galaxy.

So O'Neill never actually created a ZPM, or at least a makeshift ZPM, just something to boost the power to ZPM levels.

Oh yeah, the green stuff from the staff weapon is liquid naquadah. FYI

: Green is Good.
                          sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Good theory. I still like the ZPM theory just that little bit more but yours what explain it too. i'm just not sure how the science would work behind it.

Comment

we dont need to know anything about the science behind it all we need to do is to get carter and makay to watch the base security tapes of oneill building it and just follow what he did,who cares how it works as long as we can build it and it does work

Comment

Working...
                              X