This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Do You Think Should Get Promoted?

Since Carter and Mitchell currently both hold the rank Lt. Colonel, which one do you think should get promoted and take charge of SG-1?

Personally, I think Mitchell should since he has been a Lt. Colonel longer, as seen in "Avalon Pt.1." Also, Carter alreday led the team in Season 8.

: Green is Good.
    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

This one is all about numbers.

X = number of times Sam saved the world
    y = number of times Mitchell saved the world

X>Y

Comment

I'm sure I will take alot of heat for this but I think Mitchell just b/c he has earned it IMO but so has Carter. Personally I don't care which one does as i love both characters but I think Mitchell is a great leader and would do fine comanding SG-1.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I think Sam should be promoted , but shouldnt take charge of SG-1s unite .... Mitchel already has control over the Unite right now ...

If Sam got promoted , I would think she would be better off being in charge of a New Ship ... She knows more about the ships then anyone else does , she has great back ground with comanding a large unite of soldiers .... She also has great skills in talking to other races ...

She would be great to have in charge or a New Ship or even in Charge of a Space Station .. Either way i would want to see her in a much higher comand potion , Rather then in charge of SG-1 ..

Comment

I truly think Sam should be promoted. It's as simple as she should have already been in charge from the start, when she returned. It all comes down to experience, she has tons more then Mitchell. He should have started as a Major and been on the team learning from the others. Mitchell may be a great pilot, but Sam has been going through the gate for 8 years before, leading the team for one year...and now and again over the years. But it won't happen anyway.

Comment

I say leave things as they are. Personally, I don't really mind them both being the same rank. Mitchell is officially the leader of SG-1, that's just the way it is. But he relies on Sam and the others to help him make certain decisions because of their experience. I'm fine with that really.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

sam is my preference, but i agree, it'll never happen.

they'll never let the leading male be under the command of a woman, won't fit in with the 'white male action hero' image

the writers will keep the status quo because that's easier to handle

I do like the 'command of her own ship' idea though. but that'll only ever see the light of day in fanfic
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I would say Sam, but she has gone through the ranks alot! the Air force might not want her to become too flash to soon. Plus shes not even save the world this season! *shocked*
                Mitchel and Sam are fine being the same rank, they have bigger things to worry about than who's in command!
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                  I would say Sam, but she has gone through the ranks alot! the Air force might not want her to become too flash to soon. Plus shes not even save the world this season! *shocked*
                  Mitchel and Sam are fine being the same rank, they have bigger things to worry about than who's in command!
                  Sam, but I don't think time has anything to do with promotions on this show. O'Neill was promoted to Major General in 1 year.

But Sam will never be over Mitchell, he is the chosen one. If they were concerned with having a leader with the most experience they would have put Sam in charge from the beginning. If she gets promoted it will be to move her to command a ship or another unit or even back to Area 51 or the Pentagon.
                  Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I'd like to see Carter as a general in command of the SGC but only after SG-1 has gone their seperate ways.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Would be nice to see Daniel and/or Teal'C finally getting a military rank. Daniel isnt a Docter as much anymore, he has become more then experienced in combat situations over the last 10 seasons.

Comment

Are there rumors that TPTB are going to promote someone or is this just speculative?

IMO, I've always seen Sam as the leader since she came back. But I think TPTB are too wishy-washy on this decision and they'll never actually promote anyone to remove all doubt. Better to try and please everyone but end up pleasing very few, I guess (see: S/J ship).

Comment

This is speculative, I have been thinking about it when I watch season 9. And I remember that it was brought up this past season in the episode "Uninvited," when Mitchell and Landry were talking in the cabin. So I was just curious of what everyone else thought.

: Green is Good.
                          sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Freek View Post
                            Would be nice to see Daniel and/or Teal'C finally getting a military rank. Daniel isnt a Docter as much anymore, he has become more then experienced in combat situations over the last 10 seasons.
                            they'd have to actually join the military first. And i really don't see that happening
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

No contest - Sam Carter - the competent one.

Comment

Working...
                              X