This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time For A Fully Powered Atlantis

I think is time they find all three ZPM's and power up the city. I don't think it would kill the story in anyway, the shield would still last for a few months if the wraith attacked, is not like they can become all powerfull from having the city all powered up. I think they need a permanent base in Pegasus, they would not move atlantis back to earth.

Besides there is a whole lot more episodes that they can do with the city at full power than the same old thing all the time, we go looking for a ZPM we either find one or not we allways come home empty handed. They should start making some progress in this series, half the episodes are about looking for a power source (that we never get), exploring planets for no reason, they should start evacuating planets to the MW to prevent the wraith from getting to them.

A fully powered atlantis does not mean that all of the sudden we can build ancient tech. God forbid we should find something usefull. I mean this series only have 20 hours that they have to produce per season you would think they could move the story forward a little, not just pull everything out of thin air on the last episode.

Comments?

Personally i also think its about time we saw it fully powered, but for now i dont think its going to happen.

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

*screams like a baby*
      WAH!!!!!! I WANT ATLANTIS AT FULL POWER NOW!!! WAH!!!
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The only problem would involve Sheppard.

Every time he would walk around in the city, something would go and activate on him. Though.... That would be funny.....

"Woman who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything." --- My friend, Elizabeth, about me.

Comment

Well, it seems to me they may have brought back the Project Arcturus in McKay and Mrs. Miller for just such a reason. The experiment worked, but they just happen to choose a universe that was populated. They left it open for future developments.

Comment

Originally posted by singlecub25 View Post
            I think is time they find all three ZPM's and power up the city. I don't think it would kill the story in anyway, the shield would still last for a few months if the wraith attacked, is not like they can become all powerfull from having the city all powered up.
            I think it would be interesting to see Atlantis fully powered. Perhaps this could be done by stealing a cache of fully charged ZPM's from the Asurans? Might as well keep a few spares handy.

Originally posted by singlecub25 View Post
            I think they need a permanent base in Pegasus, they would not move atlantis back to earth.
            Some thoughts on that.

1. My guess is using the stardrive is a non-trivial thing. Otherwise, why not defend Atlantis from the Wraith 10,000 years ago by simply moving Atlantis to another planet? A quick hop through hyperspace to somewhere else, and it could take years for the Wraith to find you again. Since the Lantians, as far as we know, didn't play a shell game, perhaps there were power issues even 10,000 years ago, or perhaps they didn't want to risk starting up such an old, rarely used stardrive system.

2. We don't know how long it originally took Atlantis to fly from the Milky Way to Pegasus. If Atlantis has the old-style slower hyperdrives, then it may have taken years of travel. Since Atlantis is a self-contained city, travel time may not have been a concern to the Ancients during the trip to Pegasus millions of years ago. Atlantis could easily work as a generational ship if needed.

3. We also don't know if one set of three ZPM's is enough power to travel from one galaxy to another. What if the Ancients had to swap out ZPM's at around the halfway mark? Not a problem for them, but a big problem for us.

4. While the Atlantis-class cityship of the Asurans demonstrates the potential of what Atlantis might be able to do, we don't know if Atlantis itself could ever achieve the same thing. The Asurans may have improved upon the original design, going beyond Atlantis' capabilities.
            --Gilgamesh

"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be." - Douglas Adams

Comment

Yes, it's time for a fully powered Atlantis. It could bring some new and interesting plots to the series.

Comment

i zpm powers the whole city any way, 3 zpm's would just hog power the only thing i can think of using 3 zpm's is to fly it with the shields on while powering the city
                sigpic

Comment

I disagree. Making our heroes the weaker side makes it much more satisfying when we win.

Comment

The day we see it fully powered is the day we finally get it destroyed.

Comment

lol. but that's just because mckay was wrong.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I think that would be one of the coolest things they could do, at least for a little while.

: Green is Good.
                        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sasusc View Post
                          Yes, it's time for a fully powered Atlantis. It could bring some new and interesting plots to the series.
                          Perhaps, but I think it would negate many more...

Comment

I have a feeling that if Atlantis is captured by the Asurans... then they'd bring a full complement of ZPMs to Atlantis. Since they have "more than enough to suit their needs", they'd ideally bring a few to Atlantis to power it if needed. That way, IF Atlantis WAS captured by the Asurans, Atlantis would inevitably be recaptured by Earthlings... aaaaaaaand Rodney would find a way to deplete 2 of the 3 ZPMs.

Comment

When and IF its going to be fully powered, I bet its under the threat of one of Atlantis's enemies in a season finale.

Comment

Working...
                              X