Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The deal with the Others

Just speculating...
    The Others are a living experiment of a genetic/forced evolution nature. The survivors of the plane crash are new subjects. Those, like Walt, (and evidently Jack, Sawyer and Kate), are prime subjects. This is hardly a refined explanation, nor does it answer questions such as....the numbers, or the hatch. But it's something.

Originally posted by igitman View Post
    Just speculating...
    The Others are a living experiment of a genetic/forced evolution nature. The survivors of the plane crash are new subjects. Those, like Walt, (and evidently Jack, Sawyer and Kate), are prime subjects. This is hardly a refined explanation, nor does it answer questions such as....the numbers, or the hatch. But it's something.
    Well if we took thiis and the combine this with the lost experience explanation of numbers which that fortold the end of the world. And the dharma project aima was to how alter these numbers then use genectic and force to acheive this would probably sense, to speed up our adaptation to the enviromental changes. Althrough we will just to wait and see what writers reveal could be interesting,

Comment

Here are some more things to think about...
      The cage Sawyer was trapped in appears to be a Skinner Box.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinner_box
      And the person who invented it was named B. F. Skinner, and if you look at the book he published "Walden Two" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walden_Two) it talks about a utopia and how one would go about creating one. It bears more then a few similarities to Lost. What do you guys think?

Comment

Well I don't know about them being new subjects as Ben (as well as the other "others"!!) looked stunned when they saw the plane break up in flight. I think that Ben doesn't want Jack, Sawyer, and Kate to let the other survivors know that (a) the others are just regular folks living it up on one side of the island, reading books, and cooking yams while they eat crap and live in tents! (b) doesn't want them to interfere with whatever the heck they are doing on the Island. I mean he made it pretty clear that they are not isolated like we first thought and they definitely are not savages? This show leaves me wanting more!! Its great!
        Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
        ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
        <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

Working...
        X