This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost City Q

I know Lost City was supposed to be a film but was it gonna be Straight to DVD or released in Cinemas?
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
    I know Lost City was supposed to be a film but was it gonna be Straight to DVD or released in Cinemas?
    Pretty sure it would have been straight to DVD. The movie is based on continuity from a couple of seasons, so it wouldn't have done well in theaters since non-fans wouldn't know what was going on. Usually movies based on series have independent storylines.

Comment

it was going to be relased as a big screen feature !!!
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It was gonna be released in cinemas, but due to being reworked as a season finale, they had to shave off over half an hour of content. If it were intended to be direct to video, they would only have had to change the introductory credits from movie style to SG-1's TV version. The fact that it was gonna be two-hours tells ya it was planned for a theatrical release.

We're still getting an SG-1 movie, two infact, but they'll be direct-to-video movies. I suspect this is due to the fact that RDA is no longer star of the show and that the Goa'uld are no longer the enemies. People aren't gonna go to the theater to see Mitchell and the Ori.

Comment

It's also worth noting the ratings drop on SG-1. The suits at MGM probably guessed that people ouldn't go a movie theater to see it so why not put it on DVD?

timdalton007

Comment

Working...
          X