Sun's Baby Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun's Baby Spoilers

During the second season when we found out Sun was pregnant didn't she say it was some kind of miracle because Jin couldn't possible be the father unless the island had somehow healed him like that other lady who's cancer was cured? Or am I just cunfusing it with somthing else. She either lied and its the english teachers baby or it really is Jinn's baby.

Like so many things on Lost, we just don't know. Part of it is that we just don't know when she got pregnant. Also the strang diet she's probably had on the island might have slowed the growth of the fetus, so she may be farther along the pregnancy and still not showing.

Adding to the confusion is the fact that the two weren't necessarily getting along when they first got to the island, so who knows how much 'marital relations' were going on.

She did tell him she'd never betrayed him, and then did one of the patented 'Lost looks', meaning there was something she was hiding. Same look she gave a lot last night.

So long story short, we don't know, and probably won't know for some time, if ever. Heck they'll probably kill her off before we find out.
    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

i know what you mean, time passes so slowly on the show its still 2004 for them. I think its charlies, being hes the one who attacked her.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
        i know what you mean, time passes so slowly on the show its still 2004 for them. I think its charlies, being hes the one who attacked her.

Well as it has been pointed out what with time going so slowely on the island even if charlie did that to her (which he wouldn't, he's not like that) how would she even suspect she was pregnant after only what would effectively be a couple of days?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
          Well as it has been pointed out what with time going so slowely on the island even if charlie did that to her (which he wouldn't, he's not like that) how would she even suspect she was pregnant after only what would effectively be a couple of days?
          she found out she was pregnant in season 2 and they had already been on the island about a month so I am sure there are things she would have noticed about her body that told her she was pregnant.

Comment

Originally posted by Origin1981 View Post
            she found out she was pregnant in season 2 and they had already been on the island about a month so I am sure there are things she would have noticed about her body that told her she was pregnant.
            Actually, as of Episode 3.02 The Glass Ballernia it is Day 69 on the Island.
            "Science Fiction is an existential metaphor. It allows us to to tell stories about the human condition.
            Isaac Asimov once said 'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and and philosphers of today. But the core of science fiction--it's essence--has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.' "
            ~Grell, 'Silver/Teal'c', SG-1, 200th Episode

Comment

Originally posted by Origin1981 View Post
              so they are in day 69 of captivity? barely just over 2 months...and not every woman can tell when they are pregnant...some still retain the ability to have menstrual cycles even when pregnant...I am gonna assume here that you are male, and have thus never been with child.....of course, the word assume means I can be making an ass of u and me...hehehe...any way...just my 2 cents...we really dont know if Sun and Jin had any marital relations while on the island...yes i suspect the writers now want us to believe the baby can almost be the other guy's...that Sun was sleeping with...as the story unfolds...we shall see what will come to pass.....and for the record..a traumatic experience is also enough for a woman's body to shut down the whole cycle process...things to keep in mind!! for me...I was almost 5 months along before I realized I was pregnant the first time...I still had a menstrual cycle...and I was under a tremendous amount of both physical and mental stres...and my body was not in sync like it is now..... again...just some things to keep in mind.

Comment

Some people don't even know they are pregnant until they actually go into labour!

But yes, not everyone knows they are pregnant especially in the first months. The most obvious indicator of pregnancy is the ceasation of periods, but that doesn't mean you are pregnant. As Cindyz says stress can stop periods and if there is any one anywere who is under a lot of stress it's the Losties! Also not everyone has a period every month anyway, so not having one for a couple of months isn't that unusual in everyday life.

My original post was in reply to 2ndgen who said "i think its charlies, being hes the one who attacked her." I was trying to point out that if that was true, given how slowely time is progressing on the island there is no way Sun would even suspect that she was pregnant if charlie had attacked her. Your body doesn't change that quickly, so she would only suspect it if Charlie had been violent and there was physical evidence of the attack.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't recall Charlie doing anything but kidnapping her. I never got even a subtle impression there had been anything other than that. does anyone have any ideas? for all that LOST gives us...I have never seen their writers give us any implied rape. Murder, yes...but never any rape.

Comment

I don't see Charlie raping Sun. I think Sun knows who and what happened. I don't know why but I don't think Jin is the father.
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                      I don't see Charlie raping Sun. I think Sun knows who and what happened. I don't know why but I don't think Jin is the father.
                      Yeah I too feel that it is Jin's baby. I think that it is a "miracle" similar to John's new legs and Rose being cancer free. I think that the writers put the Sun/Teacher scene just for kicks to get people all worked up and speculating. However, as with all things Lost I might be wrong!
                      Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
                      ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
                      <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

I think that it is a "miracle" similar to John's new legs and Rose being cancer free.

My goal this season is to be overly critical of everything the show tells me before accepting it as fact. To that end, Locke's legs may have been psychosymatic, which might make sense seeing as his legs did 'go out' on him a few times. Also accepting that Rose has been magically cured is going out on a limb. She 'feels' it? That's even assuming she wasn't misdiagnosed.

We just know so little as actual fact.
                        "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

The issue with it is, it's more than likely Sun's baby was conceived before the plane trip thereby ruling out Jin as the father. Reasons why are that it takes a little while for a person to feel it, the menstrual cycle shuts down...most of the time (which is why you have twins born a month, two months apart on occasion). And women don't often know until, one to two months later. Unless Jin and Sun were going at it like rabbits at the beginning of Season 1, I just don't see it being Jin's.

It was also wrong of the Losties to put Sun on that boat to begin with. Very wrong indeed.
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                          X