This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the new sg-1 movies

Hey guys what do you want the new sg-1 movies to do and what loose ends do you think HAVE to be tied up. I just want to hear your guys opion since the new comfromation of the new sg1 movies!!!!

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

I'm more then a little dissapointed I'll admit. I was really hopping SG1 would continue with an 11th season. Don't get me wrong, movies are great too...anything thats going to keep the story going is good. I just wanted another season though...not seeing SG1 every week, is just going to be so wrong I'll just have to be happy with what we got I guess.

"Yeah well a lies not a lie till somebody tells the truth you know. Thats why you can't ever impress anyone, your always to busy being honest."

Comment

IMO, the movies should NOT close the Ori storyline. But rather close SG1. Bring about a new spinoff and continue the struggle against the Ori.
      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General View Post
        IMO, the movies should NOT close the Ori storyline. But rather close SG1. Bring about a new spinoff and continue the struggle against the Ori.
        Yes, it's too soon to tie up the Ori Storyline, they should do at least a couple of movies that all together tie up the Ori storyline.
        sigpic

Comment

Well.............in my opinion, I like them to do sg1 movies but I also like to see another season as well because the movies won't cut it for me.

Comment

i started a thread like this.....but they moved it exactly the same

KHAAAN

nah i think its good, finally seeing SG-1 on film, but they must have Richard Dean Anderson in it because he is the founder of SG-1, and he should be the person to finish it as well
            I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

I don't care if they finish the Ori story line or not in the movies. I just want some Sam/Jack ship resolved. Okay, got that out of my system (hopefully!). The setup for the Ori story doesn't seem like it would be able to be completely tied up in one movie, so I hope that the first movie don't seem to fast pace because they were trying to do to much in one movie.

Comment

I'm very pleased that MGM have given the go ahead for something. Even if its not a season 11 at least it puts an end to the heartache and worry that nothing at all might happen. I think that movies will be a brilliantly epic way for SG-1 to finish - something a little more grand and 'feature-ish' than television episodes.

However, I am feeling down that its finally dawning that the end of SG-1 is nigh and that, once the movies have closed the doors, SG-1 will be gone.
                //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

I was more worried about them trying to wrap everything up before the series finale. At least now we have some more time to get a Season 11 somewhere. Before, without any confirmation of something coming, they may have felt the need to wrap things up at the end of Season 10. Now they can leave it as a cliffhanger because they know they will have something to tie it all up with. Now that it is a cliffhanger, we can still fight for a season 11 and all the storylines we want to see wrapped up in a 16 hour season, not a 2 hour movie. I'll take what I can get as well, but I would love another season instead of a two hour tie-up. Serenity was a great movie and an amazing tie up and possible continuation for the show
                  Spoiler:
                  minus the completely retarded and uneccessary death of the best character - Wash
                  but it only had 14 episodes of show and it still felt kind of rushed. SG-1 has 10 seasons.
                  Thor: Your mind has been interfaced with the Daniel Jackson.
                  Jack: What?
                  Daniel: What?!?

Comment

I'm all for the movies, I'm just against them writing off the Ori, and I'm not keen on the time tavel plot either.
                    Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
                    O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

I rather have more seasons than a new movie that will come out on D.V.D.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General View Post
                        I completely agree! A good movie to probably tie up SG-1 (maybe the SGC on earth), then spawn a new spinoff.

Comment

Eh, a spin-off featuring the exact same villain from SG-1 would be pretty redundant. I agree it needs more time to finish, but definitely not through a third series. It'd need it's own identity and whatnot, otherwise it'd be "SG-1 2: The Sequel".

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
                            Eh, a spin-off featuring the exact same villain from SG-1 would be pretty redundant. I agree it needs more time to finish, but definitely not through a third series. It'd need it's own identity and whatnot, otherwise it'd be "SG-1 2: The Sequel".
                            What about a starship travelling around in our galaxy - wouldn't that be kind of knew?!?
                            Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

That could be cool, if they were super-duper freakin' careful. It could become a Star Trek clone very quickly. I'd rather them not risk it, but IF they decided to have a ship show, then of course I'd watch it !

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Working...
                              X